shape
carat
color
clarity

Things that go missing without trace at home...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t find my pencil case that has all my crochet hooks in it. It’s somewhere in my back bedroom where I put everything I don’t know what to do with or I rarely use this.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you would normally have filed it, look at the file folders immediately in front of and behind the folder they should have been filed in. My husband has misfiled papers this way.

If the papers were in a stack and you have recently filed any other papers, look there-- you may have grabbed a bigger stack than intended. We've done this, too.

Thanks :) It's actually been a few years now that they've been missing :/ And I've torn apart all the places (looked in books/behind everything)....sigh.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the ring my mum gave to me when I was 11 earlier today, when I opened the trunk that I had not touched since my relocation in October 2006!

I thought I had lost it by throwing it away by accident during the packing process, as I believe that's what I did with my mum's 6-stone ER.

It is only a small band with Sapphires and diamonds, and only fits my pinkies. However, it has sentimental value, so I am pleased to have found it.

Just hope the bracelet from Greece that I lost will turn up one day!

DK :))

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Nine purplish ruby melees from an awful ring, in a bag handed to me by a goldsmith. Gone. Told myself I didn't care.
Two tiny sweet single cut diamonds handed to me in a bag by a different goldsmith. Now I care.
Not in the car or any purse or coat pockets. WHERE do they go? I'm certain they weren't stolen. Am I that much of a chowderhead? (Evidently.)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 10 years ago I quickly stashed away a tanzanite necklace as we were heading out the door for a vacation.
I still can't remember were I put it.

About 10 years ago I quickly stashed away a tanzanite necklace as we were heading out the door for a vacation.
I still can't remember were I put it.

Reminds me of the time I absentmindedly left a bracelet, destined for the safety deposit box, inside the bag that I used to carry it to the bank. I came back and tossed the bag into my cupboard, and somehow that bag made it’s way to my linen storage space (I must’ve done it but I don’t remember why or how). And then I went on vacation, and after coming back from vacation got involved in my daily life and the bracelet was the furthest thing from my mind (since I thought it was in the safety deposit box). Roughly 6 or so months later I needed to wear the bracelet, so I went to the bank and it wasn’t there. I was hysterical. I looked everywhere but I couldn’t find it, and I couldn’t remember what bag I’d used to carry it to the bank. I found it two years later, unexpectedly, when I was cleaning out the linen, well after I’d given up hope of finding it (I’d assumed I dropped it on the floor of the bank, and someone took it). Never say never! You might still find it!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks :) It's actually been a few years now that they've been missing :/ And I've torn apart all the places (looked in books/behind everything)....sigh.

Have you ever hidden any papers or other valuables in the freezer?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am currently franticly searching for a box of gems. I keep all my gems in one of our safes and I went to search for one and one of my boxes is missing, it's a different looking box from the others so it's noticeable and it's driving me batty that I cannot find it as it's filled. with envelopes of small gems of every sort. :(2 Only Hubby and I have access and he doesn't bother them. You all don't know this about me but I will search and search until I find something, it drives me nuts if I cannot locate something I know i have.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been missing an expensive watch for 5 years and my car keys for over a year. Both are somewhere on the house. Oh! And my credit card! Been missing for 4 months, not been used by anyone. I know I brought it in but no idea where it went ,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results