shape
carat
color
clarity

Thin or thick wedding band?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
You guys helped me so much in my last thread when I was trying to decide between just one wedding band or having one for each side of my e-ring and I have decided to go with just one. Facets sent me 2 stock rings in different widths to help decide what width I want and I just can't make up my mind! One is a 2.3mm channel-set ruby band (I will be getting diamonds but this at least gives an idea of the width). Its a size 5 so its only a little bit big (I'm a size 4). The other is a 2.5mm channel band and its a size 7 so its huge on me. But just based on the width of the rings, which do you like? Should I go with the thinner one or the the thicker one? I know there is only a .2mm difference but I feel like its noticeable.

I want to have my order placed by the end of the day tomorrow so I need to make up my mind quickly... Ahhh!

Ok, here is the thinner one (try to imagine it with diamonds :) ) Oh and please ignore my messy bathroom counter!

wedding bands (3).JPG

wedding bands (13).JPG

wedding bands.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
And the one that's a little thicker:

wedding bands (5).JPG

wedding bands (4).JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for the thicker one - looks more balanced to my eyes.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Here are some pics with a 1.5mm plain white gold band that I might wear with the set (I also might eventually buy other stackers to alternate):

wedding bands (9).JPG

wedding bands (12).JPG

wedding bands (8).JPG

wedding bands (7).JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the thicker band with your gorgeous ering.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I also prefer the thicker band because it seems to go better with the width of your e-ring (love the shaving down btw - great idea!). I think the e-ring, thicker diamond band, and white gold band all looked great together, too!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The 3rd combo!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I really like the thicker band. I prefer the two bands, without stacking them with a third one. The two bands look very elegant together.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Well, I am going to be on my own and say that I prefer the thinner band, providing it has diamonds. To me, the thicker band overpowers the e-ring, plus I really like how they look all stacked up with the thinner band.

dinamit

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one!

Sorry to threadjack, but how do you get them to send you something to decide? Do you have to pay in advance and then return the item?

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
i prefer the thinner one.
It still keeps the focus on the center diamond of the engagement ring.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really love the thinner (diamond) band stacked with your gorgeous e-ring and the plain band. Perfection on your beautiful long fingers!! :appl: :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer the slightly thicker band with your ER - it is a perfect balance - the set looks elegant but blingy too. I'm not fond of the three-ring look regardless of which WR is chosen, but maybe if the plain metal band was placed in-between the WR and the ER? Or if the plain metal band was paired with another band of the same width? But that is just me, and you know best what is pleasing to your eye.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your opinions so far! I keep going back and forth on which I like better, but right now I'm leaning towards the thinner one because with the thicker band I feel like the focus is taken away from the e-ring, like sparklyforever commented. I keep trying to convince my fiance that we should get one of each =) Obviously, he is not going for it :rolleyes:

marymm - I agree, I'm not completely sold on the 3-ring look but I figured I might try it for a change once in a while.

mayerling - no problem about the threadjack! I called Facets and asked if they could send 2 stock rings and they did charge my card for them. She said once I actually place my order and send the rings back, they will credit my account for the difference. This is very helpful because I can't make a decision on something without actually seeing it.

Keep your opinions coming! :wink2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 2.5mm looks best. If the e-ring band was thinner, then I think you could go either way. But I think a thinner wedding band than the e-ring looks a little skimpy. I wouldn't mind seeing how the plain band looks above the e-ring and between the e-ring and diamond w-band, too. I really like the two rings together best, though. Maybe do the stacking when not wearing the e-ring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I made a decision. I think I like the thinner band so that is what I'm going to order for now. Its a bit hard for me to tell which one I really like because the thin one has rubies and the thick one is 3 sizes too big so neither looks exactly how it will on my finger.

If the band turns out to be too thin, I'm going to use it as a stacker on my right hand and order the thicker one as the wedder. That way I'll have the best of both worlds :wink2: So we'll see. Thanks again for your thoughts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results