shape
carat
color
clarity

THE WAX - YELLOW DIAMOND & BAGUETTE RING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone- I just got the e-mail of the wax for the yellow
36.gif
- what do you think? Its very crude looking now, but it will be a bit softer after its polished- But here is the rundown- the center is 18 kt yellow, and the rest platinum- The center is 10 mm high, the first baguette is is 8mm and the second baguette is 6 mm high- I like high rings! But- seriously- I trust your opinions- You all have ben a HUGE part of this, so I have to let you check it out!!!

waxTif03d.jpg

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
That looks like it will be holding some honking big diamond! I can''t wait to see the finished product.
30.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Here is the stone again- just to have a better visual

105_0592-390.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks for posting the pictures of the wax! SO EXCITING!!

I think in general that I would want the whole head of the ring (center stone and sides) mounted as low as possible because the stone is so large.

I'm such a doofus at looking at wax models, I can't tell if the stones are elevated or not...

Just a thought!
1.gif

Anyway...thank you so much for sharing this process. It's really fun to see (and get a vicarious thrill participating in) the development of what is sure to be a masterpiece!

widget

(Edited to add) LOL...I just noticed you like high rings! You can totally disregard my thoughts!!
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
RADIANTIFF,
I love the wax, looks like it will be one amazing ring. Just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since height is your choice, the rest looks great. I am sure you know how high is 'high' this time and how it feels on the hand...

It would be quite a show piece.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! That is going to be quite the ring. Get ready for people to grab your hand and drool on it.

madrock

Rough_Rock
I know you said you like high rings, but have you tried on similar rings? A diamond that size is definitely gonna turn because it''s so top heavy...and you need to think about how it will sit against your finger. You will be surprised how easy it is to knock that sucker into something.

I tried on many large diamonds, all set differently, and although I think my setting (at least the part that sits on my finger) is a little unusual, it pretty much keeps the stone centered on my finger. I had mine set as low as I possibly could (given the depth of the stone) and sometimes when I wake up in the morning, there is a red mark where the point of the stone has mashed into my finger (my fingers tend to swell at night while I''m sleeping), but in a stone this size, when you hit it, you don''t hit the setting, you hit the table.

That said, it is a WONDERFUL stone and a perfect way to set it. Can''t wait to see the final product.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Yeah- actually Im coming DOWN in height from my previous ring- It was like 11.5 or 12 mm high- The stone is like almost 6mm deep, so by the time the prongs arew finished it will probably be like 9 mm high- So I think it will be good- I just like my diamond to sit way up!! I have BIG hair-
2.gif
maybe that has something to do with it???????

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It looks great. Can''t wait for pics of the finished ring!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oooo la la.
I love seeing waxes. This is gonna be something

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I just keep thinking, "I have this big fantasy Crislu Canary ring and this lady is getting the REAL thing in the same size!"
6.gif
9.gif
30.gif
1.gif
36.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting. I really like the unusual, elongated radiant shape.

Now, when you post pics of your ring, could you also post pics of your hair? Just kidding, but now you have us all curious!
4.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I went ahead and approved the wax! She is casting it tomorrow and will set the baguettes as soon as its finished- She said I should have it on Monday!! THen my jeweler will set the center- So we have to wait another week!!! Sooooooooooooo Long!

I was rethinking the height, but I got out my digital caliper, and measured the stone in this diamond holder as its setting on my finger, and its sitting up 8 mm right now and I dont think its high at all! I guess Im just used to higher rings- Come to think of it, I also like high shoes too!!!! I believe this is a trend! Maybe there is a correlation between, big hair, high shoes, and tall rings? I think a new thread may be in order
37.gif
I MAY try to squeeze in a picture of the hair- if I''m having a good hair day!!

coconut

Shiny_Rock
I CANT WAIT!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, I just cannot wait to see that ring. I hope this next week goes really quickly for you
36.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
GOOD MORNING
19.gif
I started worrying last night about the height- But it eased my mind when I looked in one of my findings books- There are several basket style heads in here I looked at to compare the height- for example there is one that is just a standard head for an emerald- it holds a 14x10 mm stone and it is 13 mm high! there is another that holds a 14x12 and its an average one, and it is 10.8 mm high and yet there is another that is considered a "low basket" and it holds a 14x12 and it is 9 mm high! WOW! I thought mine was very tall, but after looking at this, it seems to be in line..VERY INTERESTING!!! I did not think they would be that tall!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tiff...

This height discussion got me thinking yesterday, too!
5.gif

I got out my mom's ring and millimeter gauge (not digital) and started measuring. Even though mine is probably a little higher than I would like, the ring is still very comfortable and looks fine.

I discovered that my center stone is only one mm lower that what yours will be, even though it is "baby" compared to your behemoth!!

Here're some pictures...(Center: 9mm, sides: 7mm)

widget

PS: Tee Hee...I can't believe I just referred to my mother's honker as a "baby"! Radianttiff....you've set a new standard at PS for "Bling"!!!

Untitl.jpg

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Thanks Widget!! You have put my mind completely at ease- I don''t think yours looks to tall at all!!It is GEORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I think proportionally it will be perfect- It is still lower than my last ring and the stone is bigger too- I told my mother about it and she said it sounded too tall, so I started worrying. I just want it to be awesome!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Tiff, I think you have indeed set a new PS standard! Your ring is just going to be spectacular! (the stone already is & the setting will be just perfect for it!)

Be careful that your new, heavy ring doesn''t cause you to trip when you''re walking along the street in your high heels!
2.gif
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Where''s the "big" hair pic???
9.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would wait for the big hair picture when I get the ring on my finger! That way I can demonstrate that big hair, tall rings, and high shoes go together!! LOL
41.gif

madrock

Rough_Rock
You must be a Jersey girl like me -- we love big hair, big shoes, and of course -- BIG diamonds!!! Texas ain''t got nothin'' on us!!!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Well, your close- I am actually a West Virginia Girl! But I get the big rock obsession from the genes- My family has been in the diamond buisness since 1912- and I was named after "Tiffany''s"!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results