shape
carat
color
clarity

The TV Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t watch much TV but make time for a few favorites:

Nip/Tuck
Joan of Arcadia
Scrubs
6 feet under

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't enjoy TV and we usually watch movies, but I do like the supranos, six feet under, and friends. This is about it. I watch Oprah a couple times a month just to veg in the afternoon. . .but, I'm not into reality shows or all these other shows that we're offeredt these days, especially that one, "The Swan." I think it's twisted!

Michelle

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Good thread addition!

Here's my short list of brain candy.

Six Feet Under
Newlyweds
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Pimp My Ride
Just about everything on HGTV
Carnivale

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I'm a geek.
10.gif
I watch a lot of Discovery channel type stuff. Also I love HGTV! A few shows I watch:
The Dead Zone
Scrubs
Star Trek Enterprise
Stargate SG1
(Told you I was a geek)
South Park
Family Plots (the only reality show I watch)

Weird, huh?
loopy.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see that they're making a reality show about John Gotti's SISTER and her family? Even if you're not involved THE 'family,' why would you want to draw attention to yourself like that? You never know who might show up at the house!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Another great thread VH!!!! I watch way too much TV!!! All I do is read and write at work...so I want mindless crap at home in the pm...

I have to admit that I also love Newlyweds...
Anything having to do with brides and weddings!!
Anything having to do with Sharks and murder on discovery and A&E
Animal Precinct (hard to watch though)
Designer's Challenge
Devine Design
Extreme Home Makeover
Scrubs
Love Nip/Tuck and Dr. 90210
Of course, Seinfeld re-runs
Just started watching Entourage
LARRY DAVID!!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And I admit I saw Growing Up Gotti.
Believe it or not, she seemed fairly 'normal' and nice. Those kids are animals in need of a good beating!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't grow up Gotti, but I did grow up in a neighborhood "protected" by the mafia. We had a patron (pronounced pa-trohn and another way of saying godfather) and a capo and when the black limo pulled up in front of your house and the fellas with the diamond pinky rings emerged, you knew there was some serious business about to happen.

Altho these shows have already been mentioned by others, I want to confess that I am an HGTV addict and love
Devine Design
Designing for the Sexes
Househunters
and any show about gardening

SciFi channel is supposed to bring FarScape back. I really liked the cast of quirky characters.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I was reading on their website (Sci-Fi Channel) that the Farscape return will be a miniseries in order to give the show proper closure for all the fans who were really angry about how they ended it. I know it made me mad.
angryfire.gif
Can't wait to see the return.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG Matata...don't you just love Candace Olsen (sp?) and Devign Design!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMM -- I like Olsen so much that I've tried to contact her about doing my house! So far, I've been told that she works only for the show. There's one other designer that I've seen on HGTV (can't remember his name, got his site bookmarked at home) that I'm contemplating as a substitute.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GET OUT!!!! YOU HAVE NOT!!!! That is soooo freakin cool. I just think that everything she does is amazing...even when I don;t care for the style.... You bratt!!!!!!
1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not much for TV - tho MMM i do watch the occasional Seinfeld re-run
2.gif

I watch the morning news every day.

I sometimes watch the Travel Channel (Great Hotels/World's Best *whatever*) to dream of the place i'd like to travel to...

And, of course, NJ Devils hockey during hockey season
9.gif

I may not be the most girly-girl but i do luvs my sparklies!!
21.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMM, I found it! Ken Brown
http://web.hgtv.com/hgtv/web/portfolioSearchResults/1,8213,5,FF.html?searchType=Portfolio&Room=&Style=Contemporary&Designer=

I'm into clean and contemporary with enough fluff to be comfy.

Sorry for hijacking my own thread but it's still kinda related to TV
1.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S.

http://www.kennethbrowndesign.com/

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool!!!!! I hated modern, but am slowly drifting there. I'm more of a traditional style with some clean lines and colors of modern stuff...you luck dog!!!
1.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I watch way too much TV on weekdays for my own good! Like MMM, I read and write so much at work that I need to totally veg out when I get home. I must admit that for the most part I love mindless, stupid TV.

What Not to Wear (ONLY the BBC America version, NOT the TLC version.)

Planet's Funniest Animals (funny home videos of animals)

Scrubs

Almost anything on the Food Network, except for Emeril or Bobby Flay (they are too annoying)

I'll give just about any reality show a chance.

Bachelor

Bachelorette

CONAN O'BRIEN!!!! (When i can stay up that late, which is almost never)

Nightline (I LOOOOOOVE Ted Koppel because he doesn't put up with too much nonsense by his interviewees)

Okay, I must also admit that I watch American's Funniest Home Videos on Sunday nights.

The Apprentice

Sometimes I'll watch Girlfriends on UPN, but I don't know when it's on so I usually catch it by accident.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Oh- that's right! Outta sight, outta mind!
1.gif
I forgot that i did watch a few episodes of the Apprentice (cuz my fiance was watchin it)... same goes for American Idol... they're really not that bad!
2.gif
I used to watch Iron Chef & Queer Eye (again cuz the fiance watched it) but we both got tired of it/them...

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot believe I haven't seen "24" mentioned. That friggin show is super duper awesome!!!!

Also, I go for the Survivor, Big Brother, etc. reality crap!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
You know, I always meant to watch 24, but for some reason kept missing it. I've heard it's really good.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My favorite show used to be The Practice, til they killed it..
8.gif
I loved Bobby Donnel *sigh*

I guess my new favorite after that would have to be American Dreams. It makes me and my mom cry every week. (Someone above mentioned Joan of Arcadia, which has the same effect.. we are disappointed when we don't cry)

The only reality show I have ever REALLY gotten into is Last Comic Standing. I'll watch bits and pieces of American Idol, and I watched a bit of "Joe Millionaire" but only Last Comic standing ever made me care who won at all.

And people before also mentioned CONAN!! My boyfriend and I LOVE conan. We tried to get tickets when he went to toronto, but we didn't get any.. We think he should be before Jay Leno, because Jay Leno is not at all funny. And I am ready for the olympics to be over (I guess they just about are) and conan to come back on.

South park rocks too

Melissa

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I'll second 24. It's a little unfocused but it's a great show and the only one I have to see.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
One of the distinguishing features of 24 is that the good guys are almost as bad as the bad guys. For those who watch the show, which of the following were done by good guys and which were done by bad guys?

WARNING: Graphic situations described. (It is, after all, probably the most violent show on network TV.)

1. Cut off a police informant's head with a hacksaw.

2. Killed her boss's wife who was helpless and strapped to a chair.

3. Executed the head of the Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit with a single single shot to the back of the head.

4. Tortured the head of the CIA with defibrillator pads.

5. Withheld medication from a man who was suffering a heart attack.

6. Released a deadly virus in a crowded hotel.

7. Threatened to have a man's family executed one-by-one unless he got what he wanted.

8. Infected the President of the United States with a deadly virus.

9. Gave the President of the United States a cell phone packed with explosives.

10. Killed a single mother by slashing her wrist with a broken coffee mug.

11. Tortured a man with a soldering iron.

12. Planted a bomb on a jetliner seconds before parachuting to safety.

13. Flew a plane carrying a nuclear bomb on a suicide mission.

14. Killed her lover with a letter opener.

15. Shot his own brother in the back.

16. Played Russian roullette with a federal prison guard... and won.

17. Shot his friend's daughter in the head to prevent the escape of a man who had taken her hostage.

18. Killed his wife's murderer in cold blood.

19. Ordered his flunkies to drag an innocent woman into a building contaminated with a deadly virus.

20. Shot an innocent man in the back after he disobeyed her order.

21. Shot a man's pet dog.

22. Broke a cop killer out of a police station.

23. Threatened to cut out a woman's eye unless her husband did as he said.

24. Broke a war criminal out of a secret government prison.

25. Chopped off a federal agent's hand with a fire axe.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
All of these married and engaged people and no one has so far recommended Everybody Love Raymond? Perhaps it has an added appeal for us people from the NYC area.

The BBC's the Office was hillarious, but it's been the real lone standout. In my time across the pond, I've come to quickly realize, though the most British TV sucks. I miss Scrubs and some other shows. British TV (4 non cable channels) consists of soap operas (lots of them are at night), crappy reality TV (most of it started over here), relocation shows (so and so is moving to Australia, let's follow them with a camera and see if they make it), make over shows (this old slag smoke and drank for years, now she is 40 but looks 55. We'll try to make her look young again), and sometimes some good documentaries which you all probably see on cable. There's a mild assortment of American shows, like Without a Trace or 24 (which I never got into.)

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
My fave shows are:

CSI (I'm absolutely in love with Gil!!!)

Law and Order - Criminal Intent (Also in love with Goren - it must be their geek factor!)

Gilmore Girls (love the chick shows)

Nip/Tuck (pure trash but can't get enough of it)

The only problem is that the shows are screened in Australia so much later than the US, so unless you lock yourself in a vacuum, you always know way in advance how the show will end. Also, our TV stations here are the pits.....Channel 9 which shows Friends and Sex and the City has delayed screening the remaining episodes of these shows....they play a new one then for a few weeks play repeats, and so on. We've had repeats for the last few months.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add "Golden Girls"

The reruns are on Lifetime constantly. I used to watch that a lot with my college roommates. Brings back good memories. That Bea Arthur is one classy lady. I think I've seen every episode at least three times.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results