color
clarity

The true 47th Diamond District Corp

47DDC

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi!
I would like to bring up the following:

We are knows as 47th Diamond District Corp. also known as 47DDC.
I've been getting a lot of phone calls from scammed customer who fell victims to a couple of other eBay sellers using the following names:
"the47diamond" and "47diamond".

Both of these sellers are scam artists, they sell put together Rolex watches with none original parts and sell treated diamonds without disclosure.

None of these sellers are members of any association and they use fake certificates such as AGI and other similar sounding gem labs which DO NOT Exist.

In contrast, we are members of the AGTA, American Gem Trade Association and we are listed in the JBT, Jewelers Board of Trade.

This is my first time posting in these forums, I would to hear people's opinions regarding actions we could take to stop these people from scamming innocent consumers.

We checked them on eBay, they have a lot of feedback. They use small item private sales to cover up for their negatives to the eBay system doesn't raise any flags.

We used to get a call once a month from a victim, now it's almost every day so it's getting out of hand.

What can be done about these people?

Thanks!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Since you are not the vendor scamming those purchasers, nor affiliated with the vendor(s) scamming those purchasers, you can't do anything to assist those purchasers.

It is unclear why disappointed customers of those vendors are contacting your store. On your eBay page and your company website, perhaps you could add a readily visible disclosure indicating 47DDC is not affiliated with the47diamond and/or 47diamond, and add a recommendation that prior to purchasing on eBay, customers please check toolhaus.org.

FYI: I did check "the47diamond" on toolhaus.org and there was no listing, but "47diamond" did bring up 7 negative/neutral results dating back more than a year ago. Is it possible you are referring to eBay vendor "the47thdiamond"? Many negative/neutral results did turn up on toolhaus.org for that eBay vendor. Your eBay trade name 47DDC brought up 10 results on toolhaus.org, 1 negative, 7 neutral, 2 withrawn.

Apparently eBay considers your eBay trade name (47DDC) and the eBay trade names of the other two vendors (the47diamond and 47diamond) to be sufficiently unique as to not confuse the eBay pool of potential customers. Still, if it is your eBay store that is receiving consumer complaints about their transactions with the other two vendors, it is possible you can bring up this issue with eBay directly and see if they suggest any solutions.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not much. The general problem of scammers and others using similar names to existing merchants is long and painful. Obviously you're hard pressed to claim any sort of exclusivity on '47th', 'Diamond district', and similar terms. It's probably worth your trouble to keep the correct contact information on hand so you can pass it along to the next offended customer but, fundamentally, you are only responsible for your own deals, no matter how similar the other guys name is to yours. If they think the subject transaction is fundamentally fraudulent, refer them back to ebay and/or their own credit card company for a dispute.

47DDC

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you for your opinions, yes, the other name is the47thdiamond.

The original the47diamond was shut down by eBay.

I guess it's a question of time until eBay catches on to them.

Just to show you how they get away, see the amount of $0.01 items they sell to mask their scams and people fall the high feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/the47thdiamond/m.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

I guess if we keep the topic alive and I make sure to reference we are not affiliated with these crooks, it should have minimal implications.

Thank you all for the feedback!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OK, now I"m curious. How the heck do you get 3 bids and still end up at a penny? Doesn't each bid have to be higher than the previous?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I used to take time to try and figure this stuff out.
I've been on eBay since 1999.
fuggeaboutit.

It's such a massive marketplace that vigilance on the part of management is truly non existent.
We've caught sellers red handed -on literally hundreds of occasions- baldly stealing our pics to sell some sort of $1 piece of who knows what.
Generally a letter to the seller is the best you can do.
Complain to eBay and they will ask for proof- and who has the time?

Another huge eBay gripe- they've raised commissions on jewelry to 10%!
Truly exorbitant.

But in spit of all this, we're still there.

Best of luck 47DDC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results