shape
carat
color
clarity

The Story Behind Your Screen Name

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
Someone suggested this in the "dibs" topic, and I love hearing how people come up with their screen names! There are so many bright and creative women on this board, so I'm sure there are some very interesting stories!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not very creative. I am a girl and i like the red sox...well, maybe you should ask me next year if i like the red sox because they are killing me this season! How much is tattoo removal?? lol :nono:

:mrgreen:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a made up name. :)

What's the story behind yours?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my answer from the other forum:
I played lacrosse in high school - it's a nickname that I initially used as a screen name and then just became my go to name. Remember AOL and instant messenger? SO LONG AGO!

anyhoo, it's derived from "quick sticks" - a game we would play where you'd catch the ball and attempt to return without cradling in an effort to catch your partner off guard. I usually won ;-) just FYI.

also, STX is a lacrosse brand... it's a long way from but the name has held it's own.

audball

Ideal_Rock
audball. I signed up as an undergraduate student in Communication Sciences and Disorders. My interest area was Audiology (doctor of hearing and balance disorders). The degree graduate audiologists get is an Au.D. My screename is a play on the word oddball using the aud from audiology in place of odd. :lol:

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
Mine can from a patient on one of my volunteer rounds. He was so sweet, his room-mates picked it up, and it kept spreading until eventually the whole unit was calling me 'sunshine'. I'd be willing to bet that unless they read my name tag most of them didn't know my real name. It was shortened to 'sunny' over time. I wanted to use something that was anonymous, but also something that had a little bit of me behind it. It sounds like that is the case for most of us so far :)

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Magpies have a love of sparkly objects (a thing we have in common) so that's where my screen name was born. Plus our native ones are everywhere where I live.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love pandas, and my nickname (kinda, I guess no one really calls me that anymore) is bee, because my nickname starts with the letter B and because I am always a busy bee!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
I had lurked for years and wanted to finally join when SO & I became serious with purchasing a stone.

I'm the unoriginal idiot who couldn't think of a better name. It's soooo cheesy and I NEED to change it. :???:

I just don't know what to change it to! :confused:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Twinkle*twinkle*|1336323481|3188721 said:
I had lurked for years and wanted to finally join when SO & I became serious with purchasing a stone.

I'm the unoriginal idiot who couldn't think of a better name. It's soooo cheesy and I NEED to change it. :???:

You can contact admin to change your screen name. :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1336330141|3188774 said:
*Twinkle*twinkle*|1336323481|3188721 said:

ohhh, that's good to know :) - I think I may be changing mine. Too searchable, gives me the heebiegeebies.

Did you also know barracuda's also like sparkly things? Maybe that should be MY name :rodent:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1336330141|3188774 said:

Thanks, Madelise!

Yeah, I knew that. I just need to make a new name to give them. :lol:
I swear, every time someone refers to me as "Twinkle" on here, I cringe! :lol: But oh well, it is what it is, for now! lol

audball

Ideal_Rock
Fun stories ladies! Magpie I really like yours! What a good idea!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread! I've had two screen names and they are both nicknames that a dear friend of mine gave me. I knew him for 20 years and he kept coming up with different nicknames, almost never calling me by my real name. When he passed away, I changed my screen name to his most favorite! I know it is silly but it means a lot to me.

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
Barracuda is a good one! (And a nice piece of trivia).

Effe, thats really sweet!

Twinkle (cringe hehe) you should think of a couple names, and we'll do a poll! (If you'd like that) :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Sun-Shine|1336410844|3189318 said:
Twinkle (cringe hehe) you should think of a couple names, and we'll do a poll! (If you'd like that) :)

I VOTE BARRACUDA!!! You'll totally go from one extreme to the other! :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I dislike about people who have changed their screen name is when you're subscribed to threads and get emails. The emails show your old username even though PS online shows your current one. I don't know why, but sometimes it's confusing until I realize who it actually is.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1336411252|3189324 said:
The only thing I dislike about people who have changed their screen name is when you're subscribed to threads and get emails. The emails show your old username even though PS online shows your current one. I don't know why, but sometimes it's confusing until I realize who it actually is.

YES! and I had trouble counting the top 20's recent posts b/c a few of them had changed their screen names! :( So my little list was null since I couldn't report on everyone. :/

I like Barracuda. Crows/ravens, cats and raccoons also like shiny things. I think goats do too. That's why they can eat scrap metal. Stupid goats!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336414086|3189341 said:

YES! and I had trouble counting the top 20's recent posts b/c a few of them had changed their screen names! :( So my little list was null since I couldn't report on everyone. :/

I like Barracuda. Crows/ravens, cats and raccoons also like shiny things. I think goats do too. That's why they can eat scrap metal. Stupid goats!
Someone should totally be sparkly goat. Or shiny goat. Haha. I seriously thought Sparkles would be a cute doggie name.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1336419146|3189399 said:
madelise|1336414086|3189341 said:

Someone should totally be sparkly goat. Or shiny goat. Haha. I seriously thought Sparkles would be a cute doggie name.

Pwahaha, yes, GOAT. Someone should be Caprine. ;-) HAHA. Prettier sounding. But still, a goat.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336420435|3189417 said:
Pwahaha, yes, GOAT. Someone should be Caprine. ;-) HAHA. Prettier sounding. But still, a goat.
HAHAH. CaprineSparkles. :love:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336420604|3189419 said:
madelise|1336420435|3189417 said:
HAHAH. CaprineSparkles. :love:
lolol, love it!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
how do i change my username?? im not seeing a contact admin area...

I need to be more inconspicous now that SO has been caught lurking...

LOL This is my "go to" username, so i really need to get it changed asap BEFORE/IF he figures it out and does a search! :errrr:

ill gladly be a goat!!! LOL

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
My screename is Tuffyluvr because my dog's name was Tuffy, so it's because i loved him and its a play on 'tough love'.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
redsoxgrl|1336426146|3189499 said:

LOL This is my "go to" username, so i really need to get it changed asap BEFORE/IF he figures it out and does a search! :errrr:

I dunno, I reported my post as a comment and nothing changed :/

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1336426146|3189499 said:

RSG and Nice Sticks :razz: -

Even if you change your SN, all your old posts where people quoted your old screen name and the user info page will still be under your old SN. So if they did a user search for your old SN, it'd still come up. Just FYI.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
haha well then...errrm

i still would like to change it but i dont see any section where you can email a mod, or anything....i see the "report" button on posts but i'm not sure the correct way to do this haha.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
...ugh, maybe i'll report allllllll my posts and have them deleted?!?!!?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1336429391|3189536 said:
haha well then...errrm

i still would like to change it but i dont see any section where you can email a mod, or anything....i see the "report" button on posts but i'm not sure the correct way to do this haha.

https://www.pricescope.com/contact

:]

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336429036|3189533 said:
RSG and Nice Sticks :razz: -

Even if you change your SN, all your old posts where people quoted your old screen name and the user info page will still be under your old SN. So if they did a user search for your old SN, it'd still come up. Just FYI.
Good point! I forgot to mention that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results