shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
I posted in my birthday thread that we ordered my ring yesterday so I thought I'd start a post to show it off
1.gif

Here's the link
http://engagementringsdirect.com/markcollection/index.html and it's the Marla setting. Click on "Flash Mark T Collection" and then on Marla.

The center diamond will be a .9ct round. I'm still a little scared about how it will turn out but I'm also very excited! And like someone said, I hope it doesn't have to sit on the mantle for very long- it definitely belongs on a finger!

hmmm, it doesn't give a direct link so you'll have to copy/paste. Anyone know how to change that?

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh VERY nice!!!!

I can''t wait to see it on your hand!!!!!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh! I like the Marla! What stone did you put into it?

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:08:29 PM
Author: CrookedRock

I got the stone through ERD, too. It''s .9ct RB F VS2. I was thinking of going with a cushion but had my heart set on something "sparkly". Gary at ERD said if I wanted sparkly then I needed to do an RB. I came in right at budget with the setting and the .9 RB. I really consider myself a "setting girl" as opposed to the diamond girl. I think together they will look beautiful!

catty77

Rough_Rock
That is really, really beautiful. I love the setting!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, I hope you get it soon!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i hate flash sites where you can''t just steal the picture and post it on here! hrmph! the ring is beautiful though!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:12:38 PM
Author: ktdid

I got the stone through ERD, too. It's .9ct RB F VS2. I was thinking of going with a cushion but had my heart set on something 'sparkly'. Gary at ERD said if I wanted sparkly then I needed to do an RB. I came in right at budget with the setting and the .9 RB. I really consider myself a 'setting girl' as opposed to the diamond girl. I think together they will look beautiful!
In all fairness, I don't have a RB but my cushion is so sparkly it looks like a little firecracker sometimes!
10.gif

You will not be disappointed with ERD, I
30.gif
my ring and stone! CONGRATS!

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:36:57 PM
Author: DMBsGirl

I got the stone through ERD, too. It''s .9ct RB F VS2. I was thinking of going with a cushion but had my heart set on something ''sparkly''. Gary at ERD said if I wanted sparkly then I needed to do an RB. I came in right at budget with the setting and the .9 RB. I really consider myself a ''setting girl'' as opposed to the diamond girl. I think together they will look beautiful!
In all fairness, I don''t have a RB but my cushion is so sparkly it looks like a little firecracker sometimes!
10.gif

30.gif

I''m so glad to read this! I just went back and read all about your ring! Is it the Elizabeth? Did your fiance custom the ring? It''s so pretty and I''m so glad to hear how much you love your ring. My poor BF had pretty much no say in the whole thing. He wanted an RB so I took his opinion to heart
1.gif
I did all of the talking with Gary and he was really nice!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:56:45 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 1:36:57 PM
Author: DMBsGirl

I got the stone through ERD, too. It''s .9ct RB F VS2. I was thinking of going with a cushion but had my heart set on something ''sparkly''. Gary at ERD said if I wanted sparkly then I needed to do an RB. I came in right at budget with the setting and the .9 RB. I really consider myself a ''setting girl'' as opposed to the diamond girl. I think together they will look beautiful!
In all fairness, I don''t have a RB but my cushion is so sparkly it looks like a little firecracker sometimes!
10.gif

30.gif

I''m so glad to read this! I just went back and read all about your ring! Is it the Elizabeth? Did your fiance custom the ring? It''s so pretty and I''m so glad to hear how much you love your ring. My poor BF had pretty much no say in the whole thing. He wanted an RB so I took his opinion to heart
1.gif
I did all of the talking with Gary and he was really nice!
Yup, it''s the Elizabeth, although the one pictured on the site is not mine. It was designed for another PSer. My fiance didn''t make any changes although I noticed the halo on the Elizabeth has more of an airline than mine and is also slightly more rounded than mine. I''m glad he didn''t try to do something custom, I don''t know that it would have turned out so nice, lol, he tends to like assymetrical jewelry
38.gif

I lucked out that he did a good job on his own but he knew i wanted a halo style and that my heart was set on a cushion. thankfully he listened!
Can''t wait to see your ring, please post tons of pics!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Just gorgeous!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!!

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I found a way to save the picture for you.. Here is the first one.. It''s gorgeous by the way!

Marla 1.jpg

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 4:58:03 PM
Author: heather318
I found a way to save the picture for you.. Here is the first one.. It''s gorgeous by the way!

Heather!! You rock!! Thanks so much for posting the pictures!
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That is lovely lovely lovely!!!
30.gif

Hmmm I haven''t been over to erd''s site to drool lately. I think I will do that...
31.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i cant wait to see it on your hand its a beautiful setting (hehe very similar to mine lol so thats why i love it so much!!)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!
1.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
GREAT CHOICE!!!!

I am a little partial though because I have a marla as well! Mine is a little modified... cushion cut with a bezel on the top but its amazing.. I got very lucky, Mark picked a cushion like none I have ever seen before. This things shimmers..

Here is my link...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/presenting-my-1-27ct-h-si1-cushion-halo-from-erd.72899/

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 6:45:07 AM
Author: jfus
GREAT CHOICE!!!!

I am a little partial though because I have a marla as well! Mine is a little modified... cushion cut with a bezel on the top but its amazing.. I got very lucky, Mark picked a cushion like none I have ever seen before. This things shimmers..

Here is my link...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/presenting-my-1-27ct-h-si1-cushion-halo-from-erd.72899/

That is gorgeous!! Love your ring pics! Do you have any of the profile? I never get tired of looking at this ring
1.gif
Thanks for sharing the link to your pictures!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Katie I am still smitten with this ring... I get compliments wherever I go and the stone is really off the hook.. and if ERD picked your stone.. yours will be amazing too!!!

This isn''t the best picture and EEK you see all the scratches lol. I am really rough with my hands... hence me wanting the bezel.

fus_side.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love that ring too!! (Was actually thinking of getting it but went custom).

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the picture! I cannot *wait* to get my ring...

One more question for you! What is your wedding band going to look like (or do you already have one?). I think mine will be just a plain platinum band cause I want to be able to see the surprise diamond
2.gif

Thanks again!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
The surprise diamond will be on both sides, just turn your hand around lol. Seriously, I know how you feel, my ring will have a surprise spot too which will be covered by my Wband. So I plan to turn my hand around!! People are probably going to look at me weird, oh well.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOH I like it a lot! Very Tiffany Legacy(esque) LOVE IT!!!!!
36.gif
When you get it, you will have to post more photos!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 6:20:47 PM
This isn''t the best picture and EEK you see all the scratches lol. I am really rough with my hands... hence me wanting the bezel.
Your ring is very nice, I checked out the link. Is that platinum? I was under the impression that platinum didn''t scratch. Am I wrong about that?

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 1:32:29 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 4/10/2008 6:20:47 PM

This isn't the best picture and EEK you see all the scratches lol. I am really rough with my hands... hence me wanting the bezel.

Your ring is very nice, I checked out the link. Is that platinum? I was under the impression that platinum didn't scratch. Am I wrong about that?

Platinum does indeed get scratched, and when it does, the metal is displaced or merged with the other metal next to it. Over time, this causes the ring to develop a patina, which gives the surface of the ring a somewhat fuzzy appearance.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 1:42:23 PM
Author: Lexie
Platinum does indeed get scratched, and when it does, the metal is displaced or merged with the other metal next to it. Over time, this causes the ring to develop a patina, which gives the surface of the ring a somewhat fuzzy appearance.
Ok I just read:
Platinum jewelry is the perfect choice for a lifetime of everyday wear. Its density and weight make it more durable than other jewelry metals. Platinum does not wear away and holds precious stones firmly and securely. Like all precious metals, platinum scratches. However, the scratch on a platinum piece is merely a displacement of the metal and none of its volume is lost. So, even though wearing it each and every day may leave an impression on the surface, it remains what it was - a symbol for all things eternal.

There is a major difference between durability and scratch resistance. Platinum is very durable. When scratched, the scratch actually displaces the metal, leaving ridges on the edges of the scratch. This is where durability comes in. Whereas other precious metals, if scratched, lose metal, and thus wear down, Platinum does so at a much slower rate. This is why finishes on other precious jewelry wear off, prongs wear down and the rings actually become thinner and may even wear through with time. Because many gold products, white or otherwise, are plated, and plating is creating a hard skin, they seem to have more scratch resistance than Platinum. But soon the plating wears off and the material scratches in daily wear.

With Platinum, this is a different story. Many pieces from the turn of the century have engravings that look like new, beads that hold stones appear to be just made and the overall signs of wear seem insignificant on Platinum jewelry. A Platinum wedding band will last a lifetime. As Platinum scratches, it will develop a patina-like appearance that will last. This is the reason why many designers prefer satin finishes, brushed and sand-blast finishes over the bright polished look.

Jewelers can always repolish your platinum jewelry if you prefer a high gloss look.
didn't mean to threadjack....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results