shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring that began my love of jewelry

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I blame my parents. Mostly my mom. She started me very young with my love for jewelry. This cute little 14k gold heart was my 6th birthday present. It must have been size tiny back then! Sigh, the good old days :cheeky: In the 19 years that I have had this ring (knock on wood) it was only lost once at age 8. I gave it to my best friend to try on and she proceeded to drop it down a grate. First, I punched her (yep, bad idea, but I was young) and then I stormed into the school, crying, and demanding that everybody available come open up the storm grate and get my ring back. It was then rescued by our wonderful janitor, a yard stick, and a piece of sticky chewing gum :bigsmile: She's been through many size changes and the poor thing is out of round again, but I love it anyway. Hopefully this ring will be with me for many years to come ::)

CameraZOOM-20111013221411.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111013221431.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111013221519.jpg

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
very cute and sentimental. In my country, when we are young, our parents, grandparents, relatives would get us lots of 22k - 24k gold as our baby gifts... I understand the touching values in it :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That's so cool! I love that you still have and wear your ring!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precious!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet story, I have my first ring as well, but I was 12 when I got it..hmmmm maybe someday I will get it sized to fit me and take some pictures....my love of jewelry also comes from my Mom.....not sure if it is a gift or a curse lol

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a couple rings when I was young too. Unfortunately, I kept loosing them and my mom finally said she wouldn't buy me anymore!
I have a stone from one of them though. It is a man made pink stone (I thought it was real until I took it to a jewelry for a new setting).

Once I grew up, I never lost another piece of jewelry. Now, I am obsessive about where I take it off and where I put it! :cheeky:

That is so sweet that you still have your ring and better yet, can still wear it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results