shape
carat
color
clarity

The Random Bling Thread!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on JaneSmith's great idea, here is a thread to post your lovelies that you don't want to do a full-blown SMTB thread on.

Perfection not required! Bad manicures, hairy earlobes, neck wrinkles -- all welcome! Phone photos -- better than NO photos!

Bring it on!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I can add mine - I don't ever feel it's appropriate to start a thread for an incomplete piece of jewelry, so this is a great spot for a loose stone.

This is my newest FCD, a .23 ct Argyle inscribed and certified Fancy Deep Orangy Pink. FINALLY - an ARGYLE! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I haven't received it yet, but I've been told its true coloration is somewhere between the original photo and the comparison picture (the other stone with it is almost identical to the FIP I sold to fund this 'upgrade'). Much of the darkness of the original picture appears to be camera reflection.

I absolutely LOVE orangy pink stones and can't wait to get it! :love:

fdop2.jpg

fdop.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JG,
Your new FCD is sweetness! I cannot wait until you receive it. :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new diamond...On the...smaller side, but very sparkly and beautiful...!!!
I wish i could take a decision about what to do with it...!

_10523.jpg

hpim2244.jpg

hpim2246.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
My bi-color gold/blue Sri-Lanka sapphire pendant never got a thread. Purchased from Dana at Mastercut and set in a stuller 14k yg half bezel. Don't think I've taken it off even once since setting it back in June. It's 6.7mm and changes from deep copper to a light yellow depending on lighting. I love it :love:
Pardon my red skin, taken on a very hot day and I was flushed.
I have another pendant and some rings to post, will add those later today.

bi_color_sapphire_pendant.jpg

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
The 0.25ctw studs from James Allen I never posted anywhere. I love them and the only come off for cleaning them! I'm so glad I got them as they are my first diamonds and fitted my student budget perfectly. ;-) An upgrade is inevitable at some point but until then I'm happy with these. :)

_10525.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
My other newish pendant is a designer piece by Italian designer Chimento. It's 18wg with rose gold accents and diamond melee.
I big puffy heart love this pendant, it's substantial and interesting, sleek and modern. My style!!! Oringinal price was over $2k but I bought it at around 60% off brand new at a local jeweler. In my picture you can see my cell phone reflecting in the gold. IRL it's super shiny WG. I wear this layered with my sapphire every day. in this pic you can see my sapphire looking a deeper color than the one I posted above.

chimento_pendant_with_sapphire.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
.75 OEC bought preloved from DreamerD. Set in a temporary 18K Stuller 6-prong setting :)

pendant_collage.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- look at all the great stuff hanging out behind the scenes!!!

:love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JustGinger, gorgeous color!! Love!

Ooh, what a pretty diamond natyLad! I've been loving the bracelets with a single stone I've been seeing lately on PS.

Love your pendants woofmama! The chimento is stunning.

Pretty studs kalomeli, they look great on you!

Beautiful OEC pendant maccers! You've got a winner there, dreamer has a great eye!

Keep them coming, this is fun!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of this thread! :wavey: With so amazing jewels posted to this forum some purchases may feel like not big enough to have their own thread no matter how loved they are... so this thread is needed. :appl:

Many beauties already here - and hopefully a lot more to come!!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, junebug17! The worst thing about those earrings is that they made me find PS! :lol:

And those pendants don't ease this bezel pendant itch! They are beautiful, maccers and woofmama!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Glad this thread is made... Get to see more bling!!

JG- great ARGYLE!! Congrats on the sale and purchase!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Chrono, junebug, and Greg. I've been looking rather intensely at buying an Argyle stone for the last year or so and am very happy to have nabbed this one. Being 'deep' instead of 'vivid' pushed it into the price range I can afford (since I'm a student again!), without any risk of the color getting too light to see properly. The cert number is also rather low, which I assume means it was mined a while ago?

Another photo lifted from Leibish:

fdop3.jpg

I love this thread already!

Maccers, that pendant from dreamer looks so lovely, a really great size and presence.
Natylad, what options are you looking at for your new stone? A pendant or a ring?
Woofmama - I love the clean lines of your pendants!
And kalomeli, what a great first set of studs! My first pair were the same size, perhaps even .20 ctw? I wore them happily for years and years before upgrading. I'm sure you'll get tons of use and happiness from these.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that pink stone...I really have a hankering for a pink diamond!!!! ok here's my contribution, its a 3 stone emerald cut, with 6 princess cuts, average color is G & H and clarity is SI1 and SI2, total weight is suppose to be 1.25, but not sure about that as it came with no papers and I havent had it appraised yet..I have had this for a year and half and it was a impulse buy.

_10536.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama

Ive been wondering what you did with that stone!! Looks amazing

Everyones stuff is so fun.

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My baguette round bangle!! The straight one is mine, and the other twisty one is a dream one in the works :)

null_zps33e3b03c_0.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a ton of pictures with me but I can share my two gemstone ebay purchases recently! One is a natural unheated tri color sapphire. Not traditional, but I really liked the green coloring. The other is a bi colored tanzanite. It has a little more of a window in person than I expected, but I love the colors in it. They were just something fun for me while I've been sick.

__kgrhqyokpmfir-l_iq2bsm4ljwgsq__60_3.jpg

__kgrhqn__qsfid_wojwpbsmz31ru-g__60_3.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
joolsiepetunia|1380808743|3531448 said:
My baguette round bangle!! The straight one is mine, and the other twisty one is a dream one in the works :)

null_zps33e3b03c_0.jpg

WOW!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Let me also mention that SO really puts up a fuss when I spend money on things like clothes, shoes, extra tooth paste.... you know... essentials. But last night when he asked me what came in the mail, and I whipped those two stones out it was "Those are nice, pretty!". He knows what's important. He knows. :Up_to_something:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1380811072|3531473 said:
Let me also mention that SO really puts up a fuss when I spend money on things like clothes, shoes, extra tooth paste.... you know... essentials. But last night when he asked me what came in the mail, and I whipped those two stones out it was "Those are nice, pretty!". He knows what's important. He knows. :Up_to_something:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
JG-What a beautiful diamond! The color looks very rich!

Maccers- That oec is gorgeous and substantial for a pendant! Love the prong setting!

kalomeli- very pretty studs! I hope you are able to get a pendant soon :))

natylad-I vote for a single station bracelet for your pretty diamond :sun:

Junebug-Thank you for the compliments on my pendants. I'm very happy with them :))

diamondrglover-That's a very pretty ring :sun:

dragonfly-Very cool stones!

joosiepetunia-Another gorgeous bracelet :lickout:

Niel-For now the sapphire makes a nice pendant, and it was inexpensive to set. Maybe I'll reset it into a ring someday, but there are so many other rings on my wishlist :naughty:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Best thread ever! Look at everybody's hidden treasures!!

Joolsie, those baguettes.... :lickout:

Natylad, look at you with your secret Blue Nile diamond stash! I'm thinking a DBTY solitaire for that bad boy...

And Justginger, what else do you have tucked away? It's like finding Gringott's vault on here!

Woofie - NICE STUFF! Very unique :appl:

Kalomeli - I too have 0.25 ctw studs bought when a student. There's always a special place in your heart for those student studs, isn't there? I'm never letting mine go!

Maccers - that is an awesome and large stone! Why no SMTB thread? Go stand on the PS naughty step! :lol:

diamondrnglover - see above! Beautiful ring :love:

Dragonfly - love your fancies. They are coloured like a dragonfly, too! :appl:

When I've got a minute I am definitely going to contribute to this thread. I know exactly what you mean about having things which are nice but which seem too small for a SMTB thread.

Grannie

Rough_Rock
My pride and joy, custom made for me and designed by......ME

my_pride_and_joy_2.jpg

2013-09-05_ring_004.jpg

2013-09-08_ring_005.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fdop3.jpg

Love your new Argyle stone, ginger I love them too!!! Although it is somewhat twisted irony that you live in WA where the Argyle mines are and you bought a stone from the US? Are there no decent jewellers selling them where you live?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just love seeing everyone's sparkling beauties!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the "random bling!" :appl: Here is a rose gold and diamond band I bought to go with a rose gold solitaire with a stone that shall remain nameless[those of you that went to the PS get together know which one I mean :bigsmile: ]. I use that ring as a travel ring.

cmsrosegoldband5.jpg

cmsrosegoldband3.jpg

cmsrosegoldband1.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1380858241|3531913 said:

fdop3.jpg

Love your new Argyle stone, ginger I love them too!!! Although it is somewhat twisted irony that you live in WA where the Argyle mines are and you bought a stone from the US? Are there no decent jewellers selling them where you live?

Leibish is located in Israel, not the States - they do such a cracking colored diamond trade that their prices are roughly half that of ANY local Argyle vendors. I do find it ironic, but considering the overhead costs of running a shop front in WA, it's not really a surprise.

I should have been an engineer, so I could have been employed by Argyle! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you posted diamondrnglover! It's beautiful!! I think you made a great choice - the diamonds look very bright and sparkly and the setting is really pretty, love it!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Grannie - your ring is lovely! And it's huge! You should totally start a SMTB thread about that baby! So beautiful! :love:

Catmom, I adore your plaited rose gold band - exquisite!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results