shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pearl Source

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
HI. Has anyone had dealings with The Pearl Source? I have never ordered pearls online, but was wondering about their hanadama pearl studs?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have purchased many items from TPS, but I didn't buy hanadamas. Their return policy is good so if you don't care for them they can be returned. Please do a review if you do buy them.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your response!Their prices look really good and the pearls look beautiful. Their south seas studs look great. Will take your advice and look at the reviews.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen in person NL's pearls from this vendor and they are TDF

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I would never buy from this guy again.

First, I bought an opera length freshwater strand and earrings and wanted to trade up to larger pearls. More money for him, so no problem.

Next purchase, I bought a ring. It looked nothing like the photo. It was not the same setting at all. I wanted to return it for a refund. The site says you need to call and get a code. I called, but only the line to take orders answered, not the one for returns. Online chat was closed during hours it was stated to be open. I called the number for taking orders and got a snotty reply. Finally, that person said they would call me back. They did not. I called again the next day, got more smart mouth. Was finally told someone would call before eleven the next morning. No one ever called.

It turned into a big mess. I filed with PayPal and The better business bureau. THEN, of course, after I've already had to do all that, the owner finally deigns to return my calls. Leaves messages, with a smart tone, well you wanted me to call and I am calling so what is your problem? I did not do anything wrong. Like that. PayPal said since I had already filed a complaint and upgraded it to the next level after that, that they would handle it and I didn't have to talk to him, he already had his chance. So, I didn't.

He whined to the BBB and to PayPal that all I had to do was get the code and then I could have return the ring, like it was my fault when obviously, he would not give me the code. Why else would I file, right? He whined that I was "on a smear campaign against him" -in other words telling the TRUTH about my experience on a couple of rating boards. Then he told them he could not possibly ever do anything wrong because his "testimonials" on his own site that he writes, say that he is good. That's when I told the BBB, you see, I can't work with him because he lies and acts like he's crazy when confronted with the facts. PayPal and the BBB both ruled in my favor and then I got my money back. Still, that is not an experience I care to go through ever again.

It's all great until it doesn't go his way. Then he acts like a total flake. Also, the ad for that ring was a total lie. I'm not talking pearl shade or scale, I mean it was simply not that ring at all. I would never buy from this guy again. I can't remember now what the other two companies names are. Anybody else know?

Anyway, if you do, good luck and I hope you don't have any problems. If it was me, I would stick with Pearl Paradise or The Pearl Outlet.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so sorry to hear this. If you look them up on BBB, they have an A plus rating and claim no complaints.....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The problem company had a different name. There are three names, same guy. I can't remember what it was now but it would probably not be hard to find.

Here is a more accurate source of feedback than what's listed on ebay. It catches and preserves the ratings before the buyer and seller do those deals to erase bad feedback on eachother:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
And the name of "the guy " is what?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean what is the company owner's name? This was a couple of years ago so I don't remember that. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to look up though, if someone was considering a major purchase from them.

Edited to add: Okay, I found it. My first purchase (with no problems) was Pearl Source. The second one (with the problem) was Laguna Pearl, that's the one. The third company name is Pearlacce.com

Hope that helps.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oops, it's too late to edit my last post again and the third company was NOT pearlacce.com. It was Radiance Pearl. Big apologies to pearlacce.com.

I believe the owner's name of the three companies above is Leon Rebibo.

ThePearlSource

Rough_Rock
Trade
Seaurchin,
I certainly am sorry for the experience you had, but I can assure you that your experience had nothing to do with The Pearl Source. We have NEVER had a complaint filed against us in all of our years with the BBB.
Foremost, we don't have return authorization codes. We simply ask our customers to call us and have us "authorize" the return. This process is so that we know what we are getting back and when to expect it. It also allows us to speak with the customer directly and find out why they are returning the product, so that if there is a problem with an item we know how to correct it for future customers. Furthermore, we don't have stated hours of operations for live chat. We are a family-run business with about 15 employees. Sometimes we are available to chat, sometimes we aren't. We typically prefer that one of the owners talks with customers on the phone or by chat since we are the most knowledgeable when it comes to pearls and therefore can most inform the customer.
Third, we ALWAYS pick up the phone during our business hours. We DON'T pick up the phone when we are closed. That means anytime other than business hours Pacific Time (there are actually multiple time-zones in this country!)
We process THOUSANDS of order on a yearly basis. If we were to be giving people a completely different item from what they ordered, I can assure you there were be hundreds of posts out there like yours, which they are NOT. We are certainly not perfect, but 99.99% of the time your order is right, and when its not, we rectify the problem IMMEDIATELY.
Our testimonials are 100% accurate, whether they be on our website or any other venue we sell online. The tool you provided to show our "hidden" eBay feedback showed absolutely NOTHING negative about our company in nine years, except for one customer with a -1 feedback score that is no longer registered.
Lastly, we are a large pearl wholesaler and direct distributor of pearls. We do business with MANY, MANY businesses throughout the country. Most businesses are physical locations, but we also partner with many online companies, including Laguna Pearl and many other companies, though not Pearllace. This is not classified information, nor do we attempt to hide it. Radiance Pearl is not an online store, not my company, nor can you purchase pearls through their company. Personally I sleep well at night knowing that Amazon sells through their website, and partners with Zappos, 6 PM, diapers.com, and about a dozen other stores online
We run an honest business and the vast, vast majority of our customers are not happy with their purchase, THEY are THRILLED with the their purchase. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us at 866-877-3275 and we will be more than happy to address any of your concerns.
Thank you very much

Leon Rbibo
CEO of The Pearl Source

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Leon, are you going to start this nonsense again? I CLEARLY stated that it was one of your other pearl companies, LAGUNA PEARLS, that this problem occured with, NOT The Pearl Source. Y'all see what I'm talking about?

Yet, this ring is STILL represented with a photo that is NOT IT.

http://www.lagunapearl.com/10mm-Freshwater-Pearl-Star-Ring_85_collection_995.htm]

Show an actual CURRENT PHOTO of this ring, Leon. On YOUR finger. Right now.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
"Most businesses are physical locations, but we also partner with many online companies, including Laguna Pearl and many other companies..."

"Partner with?" How are you "Partnering with" a separate company when YOU ARE ACTUALLY LISTED AS THE OWNER OF IT, LEON?

http://www.manta.com/c/mx2hxv8/laguna-pearl

Let me ask you this, Leon, in all seriousness. Do you ever open your mouth and say anything that is NOT a ridiculous, easily found out LIE?

Just curious....

ThePearlSource

Rough_Rock
Trade
Seaurchin,
You caught me!!! I didn't know you had internet!! Why didn't I think about that?! Of course, the fact that you have two same addresses doesn't mean anything. One is current and one isn't. And guess what??!! This is the jewelry district! There are 7 pearl dealers in our building alone! I don't own Radiance Pearl, neither will I confirm the addresses you have. Our business dealings are not of your concern, we are a PRIVATE company. I didn't deny that we have partnered with Laguna Pearl, I have no reason to deny Radiance Pearl. Clearly, you have an agenda against our company. I don't know why, but its unfortunate.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Leon, you are clearly caught in too many lies for anyone to believe that your clever little manufacturer sample you found is the actual ring you send out. IT'S NOT.

Everyone, take note: This lunacy is EXACTLY what you can expect to be met with, as I was, if you try to send something back. The photo is NOT the ring you will receive, and this guy is .... EXACTLY as I said and he then confirmed on this thread.

Also note how he tries to bully people into shutting their mouths about his shoddy rip-off business practices, as soon as his BS fake-sweet evasive platitude does not work. Leon, I WILL give my feedback on my experience with your company. Anywhere, any time, to anyone I DECIDE to.

P.S. Nice try, creep, but I have been around on these boards long enough that everyone knows I am not a shill for any company. Nice bully attempt, but you are seen for what you are.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Last and only warning, both of you. Calm down and be civil or we will ask you to leave the forum.

ThePearlSource

Rough_Rock
Trade
Ella|1358551028|3359139 said:
Last and only warning, both of you. Calm down and be civil or we will ask you to leave the forum.
Ella I agree about civility, I dont appreciate insults, nor do we intend to insult anyone. However we are being accused of being liars and claiming to sell a product that we dont carry. This is clearly false, and I would like to attach a photo of the item as requested by seaurchin to do so. Here is the photo of the ring we carry and sell on our site that we were accused of not carrying
star.jpg
Please allow this post so that others may view the product. Both our positions have been stated. Others can decide for themseleves on the matter
Thank you

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Everything I said was the absolute truth. I have ordered that specific ring and the one in your photo is NOT the one I received whatsoever. You have clearly lied and been caught several times right on this thread, as anyone can easily see for themselves. This is the same type of behavior you exhibited when I tried to return the ring, as mentioned above. You are not helping yourself, but please, continue to show everyone your true colors.

I was answering a call by someone here about my experiences about a company. This is my feedback. Whether you like it or not does not matter. Your behavior speaks for itself. If you don't want bad reviews for misrepresenting merchandise, playing games with returns, and lying, then don't do it.

You do not get to go on and on and on and prevent honest feedback just because you do not want people to hear any negative customer feedback. That is bullying, and I won't stand for it. Again, I will give my honest review of my experience to anyone, anywhere, as often as I please. You are not going to push me around or control what I am allowed to say. You can post a thousand times if you want, you are not going to run me off from answering this person's question. She is asking other customers, not you.

Please note everyone, this mush mouth nonsense is what you will receive, as I did, if you try to return an item for not being as advertised. He lies and he goes on and on and on with it.

Leon, feel free to continue showing everyone how you try to interfere in customer conversations and not allow them to discuss their experiences with your company, but only to say what you want said. If only you put this effort into being honest and decent with customers, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place, now would we? You know what you did.

gktops

Rough_Rock
This is kinda funny... I was interested in one of the gold south shore pearl rings, and I emailed them asking if I could see an actual picture of the ring, but they emailed me back saying "We do not send customers actual photos of the rings, since the photography on the website actually does the best job of illustrating the style of the rings." Um... No it doesn't...

So I decided I should go research it on pricescope, and I have successfully been spooked. No idea what to believe!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
You have to read the descriptions closely. If it doesn't say 'this is the actual strand you will receive' something else will be sent. Close but not the picture shown.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is a very upsetting thread, I must say.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1399937874|3671335 said:
Well, this is a very upsetting thread, I must say.
Indeed. I am in the market for a tahitian strand and I was looking at TPS as a possible vendor. Now I am not so sure. But other people have had good purchases so I'm at a loss.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Whoa! There is a lot of heat in this thread.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Jcat

Rough_Rock
That necklace is gorgeous NacreLover. I have been admiring some of their Tahitian pendants so it was great to see the quality of your necklace.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover -- that is a gorgeous strand and hardly "everyday"!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my first strand of baroque Tahitians was from The Pearl Source, got it via eBay at a very good price, and I still wear this regularly:

baroquetahitiansmall.jpg

I needed a few extra pearls to make it longer and to make a pair earrings, and Leon was very helpful in finding them for me.

The purchase was made before I discovered a pearl related board, and the likes of PP, POJ and TPO etc...

DK :))

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NL that strand is to die for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results