carat
color
clarity

The Pearl Girls

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard of them?
If so, what was your experience?
I am planning to send some pieces for cleaning and restringing.
Want to know if I will see my pearls again!
Also, a couple of my pieces have diamond pave’ bars spaced in a pattern on matching multiple strand pieces so concerned about the diamond element.
Thank you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard of them?
If so, what was your experience?
I am planning to send some pieces for cleaning and restringing.
Want to know if I will see my pearls again!
Also, a couple of my pieces have diamond pave’ bars spaced in a pattern on matching multiple strand pieces so concerned about the diamond element.
Thank you!

I'm about to send my pieces away for restringing and cleaning too (not to America ) but to someone i have not worked with and do not know (admitably my country has a much smaller population that yours)
but still ....
anyway i plan to send a cheap strand first to develop a working relationship

surely if someone cleans pearls for a living they will be able to clean your diamonds
....but maybe you are worried about security?

edit. its a nice looking web site
i would email them with any concerns you have
two weeks is a great turnaround

Last edited:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I'm about to send my pieces away for restringing and cleaning too (not to America ) but to someone i have not worked with and do not know (admitably my country has a much smaller population that yours)
but still ....
anyway i plan to send a cheap strand first to develop a working relationship

surely if someone cleans pearls for a living they will be able to clean your diamonds
....but maybe you are worried about security?

edit. its a nice looking web site
i would email them with any concerns you have
two weeks is a great turnaround

I, too, was thinking of sending one piece as a trial. I was concerned if I sent the ones with the diamonds would I see them again given I don’t know these people.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to send everything out for restringing. Shipping became a gargantuan problem - both the headache and the expense.
Now I do my own restringing, but if I didn't want to I would 100% find someone local for small jobs like cleaning and restringing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was keen to learn restringing but honestly i just dont have the dexterity for it
doing up a clasp is getting hard enough most days
im not even sure i could attach a simple jump ring of late- although id certainly give that a go first
but the whole knotting process is a different kettle of fish entirely

as an aside i won't be sending anything away in the foreseeable future
sigh
Screenshot_20210901-104332.png

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the shipment kit for which to send in my pearls. It is a very professional presentation and appears totally legit. I am going to start with sending in one piece and if it makes it’s way back to me and I’m pleased with the outcome I will send in my multi strand pieces with the pave’ diamond bars/spacers.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered the shipment kit for which to send in my pearls. It is a very professional presentation and appears totally legit. I am going to start with sending in one piece and if it makes it’s way back to me and I’m pleased with the outcome I will send in my multi strand pieces with the pave’ diamond bars/spacers.

this sounds very encouraging
good luck
i am sure all will be fine

is it too late to ask for a before shot ?
my mum's pearls are so in need for a restringing i only wear them around the house, so im very keen to see how yours look after

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I am going to take a before shot and will post. These were a high quality strand of Akoyas in 8mm that I purchased many years ago but they were not stored properly (didn’t know any better). So I’m hoping they have survived the abuse and just need a cleaning and restringing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to take a before shot and will post. These were a high quality strand of Akoyas in 8mm that I purchased many years ago but they were not stored properly (didn’t know any better). So I’m hoping they have survived the abuse and just need a cleaning and restringing.

fingers crossed all will be well =)2

you know when i got mum's jewlery after she had passed away and her having been in care her pearls had sat with the rest of her jewlery in a safe for years

you read a safe is a very bad enviroment for pearls

and when i opened them they smelt of stale white diamonds ! :lol: :???:

my mum look good care of her jewlery but she obviously never got the last on first off pearl memo !

sometimes i wear them in the shower to give them a treat
not when i wash my hair of course and i dont like hot showers
but they are so baggy it doesn't matter if the silk gets more stretched as i never wear them out of the house

actually i wear all my other pearls out in the rain to give them some humidity

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Most local jeweller shops will have a knotter.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I received the kit to send ones pearls to The Pearl Girls. Very professional (& super cute!) presentation.
I have been emailing back and forth with them and also had a long phone conversation with them today. I feel very comfortable sending my pearls to them. I sent one this time and if pleased will send another thereafter. I will post a before and after when it comes back.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all! I sent a strand of pearls to The Pearl Girls a few years ago. I wasn't wearing them because the length was too short for me. I had them restring and make a long necklace by adding gold chain (so my 18" pearls on a total 30" necklace, or something close to that). I also asked them to clean the pearls, and once they received them they sent a note saying they were in good shape and didn't need to be cleaned. Communication was great and as others have noted, all very professional with the kit they send and return shipping. I definitely had a good experience!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all! I sent a strand of pearls to The Pearl Girls a few years ago. I wasn't wearing them because the length was too short for me. I had them restring and make a long necklace by adding gold chain (so my 18" pearls on a total 30" necklace, or something close to that). I also asked them to clean the pearls, and once they received them they sent a note saying they were in good shape and didn't need to be cleaned. Communication was great and as others have noted, all very professional with the kit they send and return shipping. I definitely had a good experience!

Thank you so much for posting this!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

great to hear
but
do you have pictures ?
and more importantly do you know wear the strand ?

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, I do wear them, though not so much in the last year or so :| I took a couple of pictures but can't get a decent neck shot by myself -- but here's a look at the lovely work The Pearl Girls did with stringing.

IMG_6392.JPG IMG_9061.jpeg IMG_6393.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results