shape
carat
color
clarity

the one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well, I think we have found our diamond!!

a few months ago my BF and i wound up at WhiteFlash after reading others'' wonderful experiences. i wasn''t sure if a RB, cushion, or asscher was the stone for me so we made an apointment to visit a reputable place (WF) where we could see all of the stones in the size range we were hoping for. we were also thrilled that we were going to be able to see first hand an ACA!

We looked at so many diamonds in our price and size range. It was super exciting! but, after much indecisiveness, we left WF with no diamond...
i couldn''t decide between an ACA 2.13 J SI2, or an asscher 2.84 J VS2.

so i decided to do more research thinking i''d come to an answer. after a little time removed from all the sparklies, all i could think about were those arrows in the ACA-at least i had a shape decided. Continuing to research, i looked at the J threads thinking what if it''s more yellow than i remember?? and i looked at threads about SI2''s thinking what if it''s more included than i remember??

well, we finally agreed to take the leap. we have an appointment scheduled to view it again and discuss settings. Oh! I can''t wait!! here is the diamond.

below is the sarin.

sarin_AGS.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and the IS.

IS_AGS.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations jcrow, looks like a beauty to me!!! Can''t wait to see how you get it set!!!
30.gif
30.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
Congrats! What a beauty!!

~rockaholic~

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! What kind of setting do you have in mind?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
30.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh looks nice!

(has mara seen this yet?)

11.gif
31.gif
11.gif

Off topic - was the J color asscher visibly warmer than the J ACA? I''m just interested because step cuts apparently shows the color more?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone so much!!
19.gif

i wish to set in in a WG tiffany style 6 prong setting. i want it to sit as flush as possible to a 5 ACA diamond half-eternity shared prong wedding band. i am also thinking of having a euro shank to help avoid spinning. (my ring size is 4.75) and also i think i want a soft knife edge. we will discuss the setting further at our appointment at WF to figure it all out.

jadeleaves- i think the asscher seemed a little more colored than the ACA. it was so open and large. the ACA had more going on to hide the color- at least that''s what i seem to remember. i don''t know enough about asschers, but i do know it was stunning- J color and all!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 111px">Date: 10/28/2005 7:52:07 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Oooh looks nice!

11.gif
31.gif
11.gif
I had the same thought!!!
31.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 9:07:37 PM
Author: Kerbear560

Oooh looks nice!

11.gif
31.gif
11.gif
31.gif
Me three!!
11.gif

WOW jcrow, well done!! It''s a beauty!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 9:00:03 PM
Author: jcrow
thanks everyone so much!!
19.gif

i wish to set in in a WG tiffany style 6 prong setting. i want it to sit as flush as possible to a 5 ACA diamond half-eternity shared prong wedding band. i am also thinking of having a euro shank to help avoid spinning. (my ring size is 4.75) and also i think i want a soft knife edge. we will discuss the setting further at our appointment at WF to figure it all out.

jadeleaves- i think the asscher seemed a little more colored than the ACA. it was so open and large. the ACA had more going on to hide the color- at least that''s what i seem to remember. i don''t know enough about asschers, but i do know it was stunning- J color and all!
That is going to be a very yummy set jcrow. Color me jealous! Will you have the 5 ACAs be J colored as well to match?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 9:00:03 PM

Thanks for that! Eventually I am going to get a big honking asscher *dreaming* and since clarity is more impt in step cuts, I think I might have to go lower in color!

I''ve seen enough of the J colored stones in the ''J stones in platinum'' thread to be ''swayed'' towards slightly warmer stones! Yours is going to be a firecracker!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
You will have a wonderful experience buying from Whiteflash. They really do have excellent customer service and the quality of their stones and settings are second to none. I have nothing but praise for them. CONGRATULATIONS, you''re looking at a great size stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2005 9:34:04 PM
Author: blueroses

Date: 10/28/2005 9:07:37 PM
Author: Kerbear560

Oooh looks nice!

11.gif
31.gif
11.gif
31.gif
Me three!!
11.gif
Me four!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
Looks fantastic - how exciting and have fun!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congrats jcrow
36.gif

it looks completely fantastic! I cannot wait to see that baby set..

I think the euro shank is a good idea. I wish I had given it some consideration. My ring fits perfectly when it''s hot and humid, but now that it''s cooling off... it''s SO loose! and always spinning. I am nervous about it falling off these days.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I know its going to be stunning! Have fun visiting with Brian and be sure to tell him hello for me! I can''t wait to see the finished product.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Matatora- i had done a topic on matching a J solitaire to the color of the diamonds on the wedding band. everyone mostly said that the color didn't really matter, that i could go higher in color and the solitaire wouldn't necessarily look yellow next to the wedding band. but, i was thinking that if it didn't really matter, i could go closer to the J color and maybe save money?

Icekid- i was wondering about the euro shank- if it was a good idea. most people seem not to have it, but i figured if it would help the situation then i should look into it. that way i wouldn't have to do sizing beads or anything or figure out something in the winter. Just yesterday i went to get my ring finger sized. it was a 4 1/2. i have been noticing because of cold weather that my size 5 rings are loose. so i think i will get it in a size 4.75. with the euro shank i hope it's fits perfect.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks appletini- will do.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2005 10:45:46 AM
Matatora- i had done a topic on matching a J solitaire to the color of the diamonds on the wedding band. everyone mostly said that the color didn''t really matter, that i could go higher in color and the solitaire wouldn''t necessarily look yellow next to the wedding band. but, i was thinking that if it didn''t really matter, i could go closer to the J color and maybe save money?

Icekid- i was wondering about the euro shank- if it was a good idea. most people seem not to have it, but i figured if it would help the situation then i should look into it. that way i wouldn''t have to do sizing beads or anything or figure out something in the winter. Just yesterday i went to get my ring finger sized. it was a 4 1/2. i have been noticing because of cold weather that my size 5 rings are loose. so i think i will get it in a size 4.75. with the euro shank i hope it''s fits perfect.
That is what I was thinking, why spend the money when it is not nessacery? Another option from euro shank would be a pair of sizing beads, I have these in my rings becuase my knuckles are a size 6 and my finger is 5 3/4 that way my rings do spin, and my knuckles do not suffer.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Mat- yeh but then i had a thought- what if i ever upgrade to higher than a J?? whould the eternity band be out of place?

i was wondering about that -- those with big knuckles and smaller fingers where the ring sits. my BF will have this problem i am sure of it. he joked that if when he gets his band, he won''t ever be able to take it off!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA I totally saw that diamond in person and jcrow actually had PM'd me about my thoughts on it....when I responded to the PM I said 'hey hands off my diamond'...
31.gif
Just Kidding of course!! I'm so not ready yet.

The 2.13 in person was stunning, it was actually in the pepsi taste test that Brian setup for us, and I chose it as looking most beautiful to my eyes in the lineup, it also looks very large. I didn't see any inclusions in regular viewing but we did not have time to loupe it (I was kicking myself afterwards)...

It's a stunning stone, but bottom line is it is too small for what I want for my next jump. I am really determined to stay in the high 2.2's or even 2.3 or 2.4 range. As large as I can get for my budget, baby!!

So I love the thought of another PS'er getting it! It will be stunning in person and it was NO WAY yellow or even colored, next to the I and H and G next to it...it looked stunning and my eye liked it the best (without knowing it was a J).

Lastly, someone asked about a J asscher next to a J RB., When we had Stephans 3c K in our hands, I put it up against my 1.6c ES J and it was definitely visibly more colored, but it was a very beautiful warmth. My J looked ICY WHITE in comparison. Just thought I'd throw that in there, the asschers do seem to show more color but it was a very pretty color.

Congrats JCrow, hope you put that puppy on hold before announcing that you wanted it...sometimes someone who is lurking on the sidelines considering the same stone may be galvanized into action by a post like this!!
6.gif
(Not me I swear!)

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! Congrats! Can''t wait to see it set!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Mara- whew! i did put it on hold!

LadyluvsLuxury- i noticed that your setting from wax started out with the 6 prongs as normal. but, in the final ring, the head was rotated so that the outmost prongs were faced east and west. any reason? i have seen this before and have assumed it was to have the rings fit flush. same in your case?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well, we see the diamond in 4 days...I CAN''T wait!!

so i was thinking.... i would like a half-eternity band with 5-7 ACA diamonds. if the e-ring band is 2.5 mm think (as i am hoping) what size diamonds should i look into getting to have the wedding band also be 2.5 mm?? i don''t want the band to overpower the 2.13 diamond solitaire, and i don''t want the diamonds in the band to be too small......

suggestions??

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow jcrow it looks like you have chosen one big beautiful diamond!!! Can''t wait to see it after you get it set.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks great!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 9:53:59 AM
well, we see the diamond in 4 days...I CAN''T wait!!

so i was thinking.... i would like a half-eternity band with 5-7 ACA diamonds. if the e-ring band is 2.5 mm think (as i am hoping) what size diamonds should i look into getting to have the wedding band also be 2.5 mm?? i don''t want the band to overpower the 2.13 diamond solitaire, and i don''t want the diamonds in the band to be too small......

suggestions??
I think that those would be either 2 or 3 pointers to get the same width band. I think that''s what I''ve seen that they are.

Here''s the standard disclaimer: Don''t quote me on that answer because of all the things I''ve lost, I miss my mind the most.
9.gif

shay

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 9:53:59 AM
...so i was thinking.... i would like a half-eternity band with 5-7 ACA diamonds. if the e-ring band is 2.5 mm think (as i am hoping) what size diamonds should i look into getting to have the wedding band also be 2.5 mm??
suggestions??

My e-ring stones are .03 ACAs and my w-ring stones are .05 ACAs. The center stone is 2.36. Does this help you?

MyCollage1abc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results