shape
carat
color
clarity

The one I almost didn't post....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I have dogs. Or at least - I had dogs. Three beautiful setters. And I have loved all of them dearly and fiercely.

But one of them - the first to arrive - was, as we say, my heart dog. I adored him as much as anyone in my life, and when he died last Christmas evening, it broke my heart. Perhaps there will be other dogs, and I still adore the one of the three who remains. But nothing will ever replace my beauty - a proud, beautiful glorious dog - who made *me* feel special, just by knowing he'd chosen to live his life with me. I was his orbit, and his life revolved around me, as mine did, in large part, around him.

When he died, I wanted something special to memorialize him. So I took all the yellow gold jewelry I valued most in the world, and had it melted down into one piece, which was then formed into a heart. This is fitting, as the translation of his pedigree name was 'The fluid beautiful heart'. Please forgive me if I don't post his photo or his name in this thread - even though it's on the pendant; losing him is still far too raw and I don't want to trivialize him by making him 'something I shared online.' This post is about jewelry - nothing more.

My best girlfriend of 41 years had an antique muff chain - which had been her mother's from the time she was a young woman - a long, and heavy chain - and my friend gave it to me to hold this precious piece of jewelry.

He was an Irish Red and White setter, so I had 2 small diamonds (white) and one small ruby (red, obviously) inserted into the heart to signify his breed.And then we had it engraved with his pedigree name, which is Gaelic, the translation of that name, his call name, and the dates of his birth and death.

I don't know how much it weighs - but it's *very* heavy - over 70 grams, I believe, and hangs from top to bottom about 34". But when I hang it around my neck, I can feel it, and I know he's still there with me. When I wear the pendant, I find myself often holding the heart, rubbing it between my fingers. They itch to pat him again, I think, and subconsciously I hold the heart as my way of holding his paws or rubbing his tummy.

I truly believe that one day I will see him again, and I'm counting off the days till then.

Many thanks to David Klass Jewelry, who handled this gently and respectfully. This is my pendant...

20171103_112703_resized.jpg

20171103_112948_resized.jpg

20171103_113155_resized.jpg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful way to memorialize your precious and obviously very loved furbaby. Truly beautiful.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*wipes tear*

I love everything about this post. The heart is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story <3

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this on so many levels. I adore long guard chains, especially the dog clip attachment style - such a thoughtful gift from your friend. And your 'new from old' heart looks beautiful on it.

I know you want the thread to be jewellery focussed, but I just have to say that your obvious love for your dog and your heartfelt piece brought tears to my eyes.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness! What a lovely tribute to your beloved baby. The pendant is absolutely gorgeous...sending gentle hugs...

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful, in every way. I too had a dog like that and only just now (literally today!), 4+ years after his passing, was my heart ready to welcome another four-legged friend. I’m hope your pendant brings you warm memories, comfort in difficult times, and a heart full of the love that only our furry friends can provide :kiss2:.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big puffy heart. It's beautiful & I know you'll treasure it forever :love:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I am crying.
Such a thoughtful token.
I never thought of doing this for my furbabies who passed. But I have a special toy of each of them that I keep in my bedside table.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful pendant, and fitting tribute to your lovely boy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely way to remember your beloved pet. I am glad that holding it and rubbing it brings you comfort.:cry2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your *heart* forever. <3

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous piece and a fitting memorial for your beautiful boy. The chain couldn't be more perfect for it. A very special piece!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2::cry2::cry2:This brought tears to my eyes bc these are our babies that are here too short of a time with us but I think it's SO incredibly special that you made a beautiful piece to remember him by. I'm sure you will see him again and until then, he is definitely with you at all times. :::Hugs:::: ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can really relate, although my furbaby was a maine coon cat. I had her in my life only for short 2.5 years, but I’ve never felt the unconditional love of an animal before I had him, and after he passed away. I still have 2 maine coon cats, who I adore, but he was my first fur child, who I never gonna forget. Unfortunately I’ve never thought to make a piece of jewelry to remember him, but maybe a locket would be nice for the fur, what I cut off from his tail.
Rub that heart pendant often, I’m sure he feels it.:cry2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! What a way to memorialize your best friend!!! I love it!!! :love:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful and touching - sniff, wipe tears. I know you often caress and kiss that beautiful heart with love.
I lost my heart dog, Zoomie, two years ago and I still miss him terribly. Non dog people sometimes don’t understand, a fur baby is family, and no disrespect to anyone losing a loved human, but it hurts the same. Vale beautiful boy, run free and run far and fast.
Gentle hugs.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very touching and very beautiful tribute to your furbaby! They are very hard to lose and I know you will have him in your heart forever.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart hurts for you @mrs-b a wonderful way to keep your fur baby close to your heart.

Q

Queenie60

Such a beautiful memory - lovely piece of jewelry.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, a great way to remember them!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful piece Mrs-b, and looks so lovely on you. A very special way to memorialize your sweet dog, and to keep him in your heart. I am glad it brings you comfort.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course this is Love !

... and beautiful gold - of which there is altogether too little around here.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your words are exactly how I feel about my "beauty", she is a piece of my heart. I love what you did to remember him.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, so beautiful. Love to you. <3

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful piece and idea.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our fur babies are our forever babies. I share my heart with you.. when your pup dies a part of you dies. This loving heart memorial to your dog made me cry.. it's beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a treasure. What a beautiful way to remember your beloved dog. I so LOVE this. Wear in health and happiness, much love and joy. :love::love::love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a beautiful memorial piece. I’m so sorry for your loss mrs-b. As another who has loved and lost - well, this thread is about the jewellery so I’ll stick to the jewellery! Thank you for sharing it with us.

The big, heavy heart, the diamonds and ruby, the inscription, the gifted chain - perfect together :love: a statement piece to commemorate the statement he imprinted on your heart. Wear it in good health and with happy memories ::) ::HUG::

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I puffy heart this also!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww, this is one of the sweetest threads I've ever seen. I teared up reading it, because I will feel the same way when one of our precious fur-babies passes. I'm so happy to see this piece, and that you posted this. Wishing you the best, and sending you healing and peaceful thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results