shape
carat
color
clarity

The one and only ?

Heart2pearls

Rough_Rock
If you could just have one Tahitian strand, what length and shape would you get?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baroques or near-rounds/drops. 17-18" with an extender for versatility.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would want a AAA round to near-round 8mm multi colored strand that is approximately 50 inches long. :bigsmile:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A strongly graduated short one & natural ...

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
9mm round/near round or circled Ts (whatever has the strongest intensity of colour) and 36 or 50” so I can re-string into whatever length I feel like on the day!

Heart2pearls

Rough_Rock
Working with PP on finding my perfect 18" round, light, multi color strand, 8-10 mm .Waiting on photos . If I don't like the strand they have Brady said I could put a request on a customer wish lists. When Jeremy goes to HK trip in March he will look and find my request. I think that might be my best bet. They are low in stock after XMas.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
9mm round/near round or circled Ts (whatever has the strongest intensity of colour) and 36 or 50” so I can re-string into whatever length I feel like on the day!

Smart response! :mrgreen2: I was thinking of multiple orbit clasps so I could have a bracelet and different length necklaces.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Working with PP on finding my perfect 18" round, light, multi color strand, 8-10 mm .Waiting on photos . If I don't like the strand they have Brady said I could put a request on a customer wish lists. When Jeremy goes to HK trip in March he will look and find my request. I think that might be my best bet. They are low in stock after XMas.

I recommend also contacting Cees at Amsterdam pearls. He seems to have a ready stock of insanely gorgeous and affordable Tahitian strands in the 8-10mm size range. Many of us here have purchased from Cees!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round, AAA, 13 to 14mm, light body colour with strong blue overtone.
I love blues.

DK :))

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have several strands, but my favorite is my 9.0-9.5mm 38" Akoyas from Mikimoto.
I know you mentioned Tahitian, but if you have not already compared, may I suggest you look at Akoyas? Akoyas have a glow that is incomparable. Tahitians are nice and big, but they are more satiny. I like big pearls, and I love the glow of Akoyas, which is why I went with 9.0-9.5mm Akoya size.

As for my 38" length choice, it was a custom length. I like a long rope of pearls and the length was measured to hang exactly where I wanted. Just food for thought as you pick out your strand. You should not limit yourself to a standard length. No one person is the same, and a 16" or a 30" may not land at the best spot for you (I also have a 34" and 52", also custom length). I picked the nearest and had Mikimoto add the extra pearls (they charge by the inch).

Good luck to you! So exciting to pick out pearls!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results