shape
carat
color
clarity

the new olive green sphene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Well, it came in the mail today and it is olive green. Of course, Chrono was right and it is darker than the picture and it appears that the picture was enhanced.

However, it is kind of cool. It is big, 8 mm, round. And appears to be well cut and clean. I like olive green even thought it was not what I was looking for. Indoors, it is a "why did you buy that stone." Outdoors, in the sun, it is positively electric. You''d think it''s plugged in. Think blinking christmas lights. It does flashes of olive, green, red and some yellow.

I was sitting with it outside looking at it, trying to figure out if it will stay. Every time I thought that it launched into a dance of olive, green, red and some yellow flashes.
36.gif

I guess I''d better figure out how to set it now. (Probably a Stuller pendant, no bezel). It has character even if it is a bit dark. (Revolution''s lovely sphene is a bit dark, too, right?)

Thanks all for your great help and vast knowledge.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm, sonomacounty, did you forget something??
9.gif

worthless30.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 4:11:34 PM
Author:sonomacounty
Well, it came in the mail today and it is olive green. Of course,

However, it is kind of cool. It is big, 8 mm, round. And appears to be well cut and clean. I like olive green even thought it was not what I was looking for. Indoors, it is a ''why did you buy that stone.'' Outdoors, in the sun, it is positively electric. You''d think it''s plugged in. Think blinking christmas lights. It does flashes of olive, green, red and some yellow.

I was sitting with it outside looking at it, trying to figure out if it will stay. Every time I thought that it launched into a dance of olive, green, red and some yellow flashes.
36.gif

HMMMMMM how could we tell what you mean....no pictures provided!!!
3.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I thought it might not look like the picture, but it sounds lovely none the less!

Pictures please!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I concur with the above: Pics please!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thank all. My camera doesn''t have macro, so the pictures "are worthless". I''ll try to get a good one from the jeweler who sets it for you, though.

Interesting thing, this sphene. For those of you who love dispersion - you need one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results