shape
carat
color
clarity

The Most Expensive

Dakota

Rough_Rock
I think a good way to gauge the worth and value of a diamond is by comparisons. That said, what is the most expensive brand/make of diamonds on the market right now? By knowing what the top of line is, maybe I can make a better choice for myself.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dakota|1477679439|4091571 said:
I think a good way to gauge the worth and value of a diamond is by comparisons. That said, what is the most expensive brand/make of diamonds on the market right now? By knowing what the top of line is, maybe I can make a better choice for myself.

You ask this question in a virtual vacuum. We can not really give you a good answer without knowing where you want to shop.

In regular retail situations, you have such brands as Cartier, Tiffany, Harry Winston and Hearts on Fire.

On line you can find diamonds that are actually better cut than any of these diamonds from some wonderful companies that are FAR less expensive. In this case, the most expensive are demonstrably NOT the best diamonds on the market.

Since I represent the brand that I feel is the best, on line and off, I will let others speak in names and preferences to avoid violating forum rules.

Wink

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most expensive is not always the best quality. With anything, you need to know the operating costs and overheads etc. An older company selling a cheaper better quality product or a new company selling a more expensive product and pouring a lot of money into their business but the product is not as good quality. Then some people are just greedy or come up with gimmicks to make you think something is better and charge more money for it.

A red or blue diamond from Harry Winston may be the most expensive. Most people cannot afford it, so will never even think about it, so you have most expensive but no one really cares, unless yourself, but that could just be achieved by imagining you have the most expensive one and buying a cheaper one as it is only for yourselves. :wink2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most expensive does not always equal top of the line.

I would gather that the most expensive would be the ones I see advertising everywhere, like Cartier, Harry Winston, Tiffany. Advertisement + chains of brick and mortars = expensive

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dakota|1477679439|4091571 said:

Yeah. No. This is false.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that's not even getting into other prestige brands, like VCA or Graff. Plus branded cuts like the Crisscut and ... that other one that's a lot like a Crisscut that I can't remember the name of that is also way expensive for its carat weight. Price is often significantly correlated to branding but branding doesn't necessarily correlate to quality or to what you will like.

I'm going to go ahead and say what I say to everyone who is concerned most about worth and value - get a natural colored diamond, preferably a pink, green, or blue. That is going to be the most expensive you can get for any size. I'm not always sure of the prices but an Argyle pink is probably a good start for the most expensive "brand" of diamond you can get in any size.

For instance, here is a half carat fancy vivid purplish pink:
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-54ct-fancy-vivid-purplish-pink-si2-radiant-cut-diamond-gia-r7217

Try finding a white diamond that size anywhere near that price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results