shape
carat
color
clarity

the MIA thread....anybody heard from (fill in the name) lately?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The universe must have given me this message as I signed on for the first time in many months last night. Thanks for pinging me.

I‘m well. I started mounjaro over the summer and I have such a hard time taking care of myself that all my focus has been on taking care of me.

Many people might remember that I had gastric sleeve and didn’t lose any weight, and now I’m finally down 30 pounds. I have arrythmias and went into A fib once, and I don’t like how the medicines make me feel, so it’s important to me that I get this weight off. I’m waiting for my doc’s ok to start weaning off them.

Everyone is well in my family except we just had covid go through the house. My son and I had it for the first time: knocked me down for 7 weeks and I lost my taste that whole time. DH and my daughter had it for the second time.

All of the estimates for the coast house came back at $630k++ (about 280-300 sqft for a pretty basic build) and I didn’t want to spend that for a 3rd house, so we bought a townhome! I closed and had the positive test on the same day. lol. Nightmare as I was then stuck in an empty home for 2 weeks by myself. No one wanted me.

So that has taken up a ton of my time. I’ve been busy decorating.

It’s been on my mind to check in here more. How is @mrs-b ?

and finally, Hello, everyone! Long time no see :dance:

@whitewave -

HALLO!! I'm so pleased to see you!

I'm doing ok, having just recovered from RSV, strep, an eye infection and shingles - all at once! I've been flattened for almost 8 weeks, but am about 90% recovered at this point. My husband is on round 2 of upper respiratory infections - RSV the first time, now a lung infection. It's never easy, is it?!

Well done on being down 30 lbs! I'd love to go on mounjaro - but can't because of my crohn's. I had afib a few years back - but it was stabilized with amiodorone - which ultimately gave me amiodorone induced thyroid toxicosis - a fairly ugly condition. An ablation fixed it right up, and I'm sorry you can't have one!

How are your knees now? Are they cutting the mustard for you? I think of you often, Whitewave - please don't be a stranger! <3 Big hugs to you!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing ok, having just recovered from RSV, strep, an eye infection and shingles - all at once! I've been flattened for almost 8 weeks, but am about 90% recovered at this point. My husband is on round 2 of upper respiratory infections - RSV the first time, now a lung infection. It's never easy, is it?!

Oh no mrs-b! What a time you’ve had! Wishing you and your sweet DH speedy and full recoveries.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results