shape
carat
color
clarity

The Making of: The Roses

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some may remember when I was designing my three stone I was torn between using a small ruby or a larger blue sapphire. I opted to go the blue sapphire route for that project and sent the ruby back to the seller.
7D7EAD17-920B-420F-BA64-130E2CB406E0.jpeg

the red was beautiful but was not right for the project. After sending it back however I could not get it out of my mind. I looked for setting that would accommodate a ruby this size and I felt that none of them would feel substantial on my hand.

The seller reminded me that she had a matching stone, and possibly having both of them would bulk it up a bit. Id toyed around with a three stone, a moi et toi, and a million different configurations of a two stone marquise ring. Most felt forced (or two small) Each ruby is slightly over a carat.

I wanted a design that didnt feel like I was overcompensating for size. I wanted something wearable (so no tip to tip dinner ring ) and something to bring out the color in the stones. I landed on a double snake ring.

While I was humming and hawing about the design, the seller got the stones certified by lotus, indicating a pigeon blood color and minimal residues ( acceptable to me for the price and color )

Over the course of maaaany CAD revisions I managed to create the vision i was after - two individual snakes uniquely intertwined. I ad many more cads than this but i will show you a general progression.

DK 63259-QUAD-1.jpg DK 63259-QUAD-3.jpg DK 63259-QUAD-5.jpg

after many iterations, this was the final approved cad.

DK 63259-QUAD-8.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will post the completed photos when they arrives. I have named the Mr and Mrs Rose and they’re clearly two different snakes and should be treated as individuals;-)

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I'm super excited for you. The CAD reminds me of a Victorian intertwined double snake design that I am very fond of. I love the background and your building of suspense with a cliffhanger!! :D

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the red and gold were made to be together, as are Mr and Mrs

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ope never mind I see DK posted them on his Instagram already. Usually he waits til my babies are delivered :lol:

Oh wow!!! Those look AMAZING!!! O.O

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful creation!!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Ope never mind I see DK posted them on his Instagram already. Usually he waits til my babies are delivered :lol:

Just off-the-charts amazing!!!
Won’t sleep until I see hand shots....:clap:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Omg delicious! I LOVE sssnake rings! :kiss2: Excited for hand shots

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @Niel !!! Lovely stones and design

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Super funky!
Creative way to use 2.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great ring!

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, would you LOOK at that!!!!

Love the unique take on stone shape & positioning, love the saturated colour, love the design (I expect it was a headache to nail the final itteration?!) and the icing on the cake is the yellow gold. Royal, historical & pure class.

Can't wait to see hand shots,

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, would you LOOK at that!!!!

Love the unique take on stone shape & positioning, love the saturated colour, love the design (I expect it was a headache to nail the final itteration?!) and the icing on the cake is the yellow gold. Royal, historical & pure class.

Can't wait to see hand shots,

Yes poor David has to do many cads and adjustments based on ugly drawings if made so bless him.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had put some hand shots here if ya’ll interested

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

So lovely! Your collection is full of such diverse and interesting styles, I just love it!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
This is truly is unique. WOW I love that you use that gold color. It complements the rubies.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

He liked it so much that he couldn’t wait to post it. ;-)

It’s gorgeous!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this in your profile pic and had to learn more...I love it!

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium

This is so unique and cool!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this design!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results