shape
carat
color
clarity

The making of a jewelry lover

Or really, confessions of a jewelry lover. I’ve been creeping PS for years and finally created a profile to share in my love of beautiful things with others who love them, too. Being honest, I’m glad this is a place where one can be comfortable talking about their love of beautiful jewelry that might be taken as ostentatious by those who wouldn’t care or understand.

My love started with this color-change ring my grandmother gifted my mom when she divorced my grandfather in the 60s. It’s a luscious berry-purple that turns to aqua-purple in natural light (pictures aren’t doing it justice). When I was a little girl I’d take it from my mom’s jewelry box and play with its colors by the window. It fascinated me.

79FD2A9F-85E9-45A0-BC8B-5333BC582ABB.jpeg
Most of my adult life I’ve worn the classics—wedding rings on the left hand, simple ring on the right, dainty pendant, bracelet, and studs or hoops. But I find myself broadening my horizons in terms of size, styles, and colors as I grow older. The more unique or eclectic, the better. So I’m very glad to be here to admire all the beautiful things you all proudly share, and be able to celebrate them and unabashedly share right back with you. And learn...you guys know a lot!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! would like to see more of your collection.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! You found your people! :lol:

That ring is gorgeous! The color is amazing. Do you know what the stone is? I've heard of color change sapphire, garnet, etc. That stone is huge, whatever it is!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow, cool ring! Welcome and feel free to share your treasures. We all love peering into each other's jewelry boxes!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Most of those gigantic color-shifting purple stones from the 1960s are synthetic sapphires. Natural sapphires that color do exist, but it would be rare to find them that big, and giant synthetic ones like that were very popular during that period. They make for gorgeous and dramatic jewelry. I love your ring!

Beautiful ring! Most of those gigantic color-shifting purple stones from the 1960s are synthetic sapphires. Natural sapphires that color do exist, but it would be rare to find them that big, and giant synthetic ones like that were very popular during that period. They make for gorgeous and dramatic jewelry. I love your ring!

I would guess it would be synthetic because of its size. I sure do love it, though, and that it’s only one of a few pieces she kept after her divorce. She threw the rest into a river! I guess you could say she was feisty. LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results