shape
carat
color
clarity

The loose gem I bought online is here!!!

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
82D56751-ED47-464D-B90D-7DAC4C7809A7.jpeg My fiancé thinks it looks cloudy, but I don’t see it?? How can I tell if it is or not?

doc3

Rough_Rock
Did you get a certificate with it and/or know which lab inspected it?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
It you touch it with your hand it'll look cloudy immediately from the oil. Use a forcep, tweezer, chapstick, etc to handle it instead after cleaning with the Dawn dish soap.

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
It you touch it with your hand it'll look cloudy immediately from the oil. Use a forcep, tweezer, chapstick, etc to handle it instead after cleaning with the Dawn dish soap.
thank makes sense lol. It does seem to be getting cloudier and cloudier as I’m touching it with my hands o_O

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your GIA report has it as an S1 clarity and the inclusion plot has them all in the centre of the diamond so maybe your fiancé is noticing them?
Did someone offer their opinion on the naturals, you have two on the underneath girdle edge, these might affect how you set it.
And yes, be very careful washing it and other than that keep it in it’s gem box. Dropping a diamond even from waist height onto a hard surface could put a chip in it.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm curious as to how you would use a chapstick to handle?....though I think you're using the word chapstick MUCH differently than I am...

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm curious as to how you would use a chapstick to handle?....though I think you're using the word chapstick MUCH differently than I am...
She probably meant chopstick. ;)2

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
yep, I meant chopsticks - my stupid Fire tablet just auto-corrects for me in the wrong way too often. I can pickup anything with chopsticks! :mrgreen2:

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH

OMG....I need to not post before my morning coffee...:oops::oops2::oops:....i was thinking you put two white chapstick tubes together and put the stone in the middle....then I couldn't figure out how you get the stone to the chapstick valley w.o out touching it....rofl!

yep, I meant chopsticks - my stupid Fire tablet just auto-corrects for me in the wrong way too often. I can pickup anything with chopsticks! :mrgreen2:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most likely it is oils from handling the stone with your fingers that is making the stone look cloudy, as others have pointed out.

It is also possible that if the twinning wisps are concentrated and dense enough, and they are the grade setting inclusions (listed first under keys), particularly since they are so central, that they could be reducing transparency.

It could also be the combination of the wisps and a little film on the diamond making it look hazy. All diamonds should be kept very clean to stay looking their best. This is the kind of stone that would benefit from diligent cleaning practices.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Place several paper towels in a lasagna pan or rimmed cookie sheet.place diamond in center. Spray with glass cleaner or fantastic. Gently rub dry.nalways keep away from sink.

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
LOL it was my fingers. You guys are right lol.

I had been eating chips when I was playing with it:lol::lol:

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Haha! I'm glad it was just the chip oil XD

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be dropping that diamond everywhere if I had to handle it with chopsticks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results