shape
carat
color
clarity

The Leo Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nc2tarheels

Rough_Rock
Ok i think i have it narrowed down. I realllllllly liked this when i saw it. It is a good color (don't remember off the top of my head) and VVS1 clarity. .5 carat and set in platinum. I'm in the process of talking him down. What is the best you think i could get him talked down to?? The ring comes in yellow gold for 2400 but i'm wanting platinum for the setting. They said for platinum i would need to add around 500 bux. But then she said they could probly knock off 10-20 percent. What do you guys think??? I compared this diamond to a 3/4 carat they had there that was si1 i think and the VVS1 blew it out of the water looks wise. I'd rather go with a smaller and more beautiful diamond. All help is appreciated.
EDIT: I did a search and read alot of info on it but did not specifically find what i could get the price down to. Also this is a princess cut diamond.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
SEarch LEo and you will find that you can compare it to a normal round brill (with some extra facets) and the same proportion rules apply / ideal-scope works etc.

Clarity between VVS1 and SI1 make no difference to beauty - only rareity and $$$'s.

So do some more searching
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I most sincerely doubt anyone can tell the "VVS" look form The "VS" one. These are simply not defined by visible properties at all... What you have seen must be some difference in the cut in some eye perfectly, no-excuse, all-around clean stones, such as anything above VS2 would be. Surely I would have said SI too, but if you look for the tiniest speck under a naively handled loupe and expect to see nothing at all no matter what, any VS would stand such level of scrutiny without a blush.

What you are looking for sounds like a F-G, VS stone with top optics. If metaphysic "perfection" is the objective here, not the look - why not IF? Actually, no other wearable gem could ever gather so much light as a diamond, so top optics in a diamond are also part of the "perfection" concept, only do have quite some visual impact (unlike that VVS grade) and cost less... Just a thought, of course.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I'm guessing that the difference you saw was something else -- flourescence, cut quality, etc. Was the 3/4 ct. stone also a leo cut? Clarity doesn't affect the look of the stone unless you can locate the inclusions with your eye, and you should be hard-pressed to see anything in an SI1 of that size if it is properly graded. Anything you could see would probably be from the side and very small to the naked eye.

Even SI2s and I1s can be beautiful stones based on the nature of the inclusions.

You might want to drop clarity down to around VS2 to get a bigger stone for the same price.

You said, "I did a search and read alot of info on it but did not specifically find what i could get the price down to. Also this is a princess cut diamond."

It would help to know the exact color to know what comparable stones are going for. However, with a brand name, the game is different. Brand names carry a premium, so you can't just find another princess cut stone of the same size, color, and clarity, and insist that you get this one for that price. The true art of negotiation involves doing your homework (which you are!) and not being so desperate for the item that you aren't willing to walk if the price won't drop. If they know you'll buy it no matter what, but would just like to pay less, then why should they lower the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results