shape
carat
color
clarity

The Horse Lovers'' Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has come up on several other threads that there are some horse people here on PS. I thought it would be fun to start a thread devoted to those of us who share a love of both horses AND diamonds!
9.gif

I''ll start:

I''m the proud Mom of a Canadian Thoroughbred gelding, who had a very long racing career. His registered name is "Lucky F" but his friends just call him "Red." He''s a chestnut with a good bit of "chrome," and he''s 16.2 hands tall! He''s 17 years old, but he thinks he''s MUCH younger (and NOT a gelding)! LOL!
2.gif

I''ll try to attach a pic:

RedHeadShot.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Skippy! He''s my big spoiled baby! LOL!
9.gif

And thanks for the link to the thread Lorelei started . . . it''s a shame that one is closed! It was fun looking at the pics of everyone''s beautiful ponies, though!
21.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a horse but I''m looking to make an offer tomorrow on a house across the street from an equestrian center. I would love to see beautiful horses roam in the field across the street
30.gif

oceanlove

Rough_Rock
I got so excited when I saw this thread!! I don''t have any pics of my horse on my computer, but I have a 12 y/o bay Morgan gelding. I love him so much, I''ve had him since he was 4 and I showed him for years but now he''s my trail-buddy. I would post his name but it''s pretty unique and since I used to show him, if you google it my name pops right up, so I''ll leave that out. I''ve had a couple other horses, but I know I''ll have him the rest of his life. Once I finish up school and save some money I''d love to get another horse to show though too.

Once I move out of the city and get a house, I would really like to have some land and a barn so I can bring my boy to live with me (and get him a couple friends ...BF thinks I''m crazy heheh
9.gif
11.gif
). Irishgrrl - Your boy is so cute!
1.gif
Do you keep him at home or board him?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irishgirl your horse is beautiful! I am also a Thoroughbred owner.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I have ALWAYS loved horses- I think they are so beautiful!!! In my early 20's I took riding (English) lessons for 1 yr and loved it. Eventually, it just wasnt working out with my schedule with work and everything else, so I stopped. Fast foward to now, MH and I purchased a home a few yrs ago in a very "equestrian-friendly" area.....There are many farms and places to ride around here (I always see girls in their riding boots at the grocery store-LOL!) , and I am really thinking about getting back into it. I would love to make riding a true hobby of mine! Just have to do some research on where would be the best place to go around here. At this point, it would be like starting fresh again!!! I dont think I remember much!!!

Irish- Your horse is beautiful! Any more pics?
Lorelei- Did you ever post pics of your guy? I should check out that other thread!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2008 5:21:35 AM
Author: Dani
I have ALWAYS loved horses- I think they are so beautiful!!! In my early 20''s I took riding (English) lessons for 1 yr and loved it. Eventually, it just wasnt working out with my schedule with work and everything else, so I stopped. Fast foward to now, MH and I purchased a home a few yrs ago in a very ''equestrian-friendly'' area.....There are many farms and places to ride around here (I always see girls in their riding boots at the grocery store-LOL!) , and I am really thinking about getting back into it. I would love to make riding a true hobby of mine! Just have to do some research on where would be the best place to go around here. At this point, it would be like starting fresh again!!! I dont think I remember much!!!

Lorelei- Did you ever post pics of your guy? I should check out that other thread!!!!
I didn''t post pics of him Dani, unfortunately he passed away last year, but there is a pic of TB Jasmine we now have, she needed a loving home, so we took her!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 5:32:57 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 7/21/2008 5:21:35 AM

Author: Dani

I have ALWAYS loved horses- I think they are so beautiful!!! In my early 20''s I took riding (English) lessons for 1 yr and loved it. Eventually, it just wasnt working out with my schedule with work and everything else, so I stopped. Fast foward to now, MH and I purchased a home a few yrs ago in a very ''equestrian-friendly'' area.....There are many farms and places to ride around here (I always see girls in their riding boots at the grocery store-LOL!) , and I am really thinking about getting back into it. I would love to make riding a true hobby of mine! Just have to do some research on where would be the best place to go around here. At this point, it would be like starting fresh again!!! I dont think I remember much!!!

I didn''t post pics of him Dani, unfortunately he passed away last year, but there is a pic of TB Jasmine we now have, she needed a loving home, so we took her!

Ohhh, Im so sorry, Lorelei....how terribly sad.

I will have to pop over to that other thread to check out the pics....

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, ladies, and thanks for checking in! I always love meeting other horse people!
35.gif

Hera ~ That sounds great! I hope you get the house! What an amazing view you''ll have while you''re eating your breakfast every morning . . . {sigh}
4.gif

OceanLove ~ Thanks! He loves it when people tell him how cute he is! LOL! I board him at an awesome barn about 30 minutes from my house. There''s an indoor arena, and it''s HUGE!!! I would like to have him at home eventually, though. DH and I are hoping to build a house on a few acres within the next five years or so, and DH knows we can''t have just one horse, so I''m sure we''ll be looking to get him a buddy! LOL! So you have a Morgan? They''re really sweet horses! I teach part-time at a local lesson barn, and some of our lesson horses are Morgans . . . they''re wonderful critters! You''ll have to post some pics of your boy!
21.gif

Lorelei ~ Thank you! I saw your pic of Jasmine on the other thread, and she is GORGEOUS!!! I love dark bays, and she''s so dark she looks almost black! How about a head shot? And I''m so sorry to hear about the passing of your boy . . . that has to be such a hard thing to go through, and I''m dreading the day that happens to Red. I can imagine how upset you must have been. ((((HUGS))))
7.gif

Dani ~ Thanks! I''ll definitely post more pics when I get some more good ones . . . I just need to remember to take our camera to the barn! And YAY for English riding! I''m a hunt-seat rider, and I''ve been riding since I was two years old (I''m 30 now). Definitely look into barns in your area, and let us know how it works out! I''m excited for you!!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2008 7:58:01 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Hi, ladies, and thanks for checking in! I always love meeting other horse people!
35.gif

Hera ~ That sounds great! I hope you get the house! What an amazing view you''ll have while you''re eating your breakfast every morning . . . {sigh}
4.gif

OceanLove ~ Thanks! He loves it when people tell him how cute he is! LOL! I board him at an awesome barn about 30 minutes from my house. There''s an indoor arena, and it''s HUGE!!! I would like to have him at home eventually, though. DH and I are hoping to build a house on a few acres within the next five years or so, and DH knows we can''t have just one horse, so I''m sure we''ll be looking to get him a buddy! LOL! So you have a Morgan? They''re really sweet horses! I teach part-time at a local lesson barn, and some of our lesson horses are Morgans . . . they''re wonderful critters! You''ll have to post some pics of your boy!
21.gif

Lorelei ~ Thank you! I saw your pic of Jasmine on the other thread, and she is GORGEOUS!!! I love dark bays, and she''s so dark she looks almost black! How about a head shot? And I''m so sorry to hear about the passing of your boy . . . that has to be such a hard thing to go through, and I''m dreading the day that happens to Red. I can imagine how upset you must have been. ((((HUGS))))
7.gif

Dani ~ Thanks! I''ll definitely post more pics when I get some more good ones . . . I just need to remember to take our camera to the barn! And YAY for English riding! I''m a hunt-seat rider, and I''ve been riding since I was two years old (I''m 30 now). Definitely look into barns in your area, and let us know how it works out! I''m excited for you!!!
9.gif
She is actually black, I have always loved DB/ black horses! I will try and get a decent head shot of her when she ISN''T pulling horrible faces - mares!
25.gif

The day my boy had to leave, my heart cracked in two, I had been his Mummy for 20 years. I was so lucky to have had him in my life. Hopefully you will have many many happy years with Red!!

Tempi

Rough_Rock
Well, this thread finally pulls me out of lurkdom. First off, I want to thank all of you for a great education here :)

I have an 11 year old bay Hanoverian/somethingorother cross who is likely close to 17.3. We try to do dressage and jump occasionally, but he really is my sanity. (Unless he is up to no good...) I will try to get some pictures when I''m not at work. Looking forward to this thread!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2008 8:30:10 AM
Author: Tempi
Well, this thread finally pulls me out of lurkdom. First off, I want to thank all of you for a great education here :)

I have an 11 year old bay Hanoverian/somethingorother cross who is likely close to 17.3. We try to do dressage and jump occasionally, but he really is my sanity. (Unless he is up to no good...) I will try to get some pictures when I''m not at work. Looking forward to this thread!
Hey Tempi, WELCOME to Pricescope!!
35.gif

Wow...yours is a big chappie, would love some pics when you are able!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei ~ Ohhhhh, you HAVE to post more pics! I''m a total sucker for a black TB!!! And LOL about the mare faces . . . mares are definitely, um, opinionated am I right?!?! LOL!
2.gif

Tempi ~ Welcome! I''m so glad you stopped lurking, and I can''t wait to see pics of your ENORMOUS boy! I wish we could ride together sometime . . . since Red is 16.2, it''s not often that we get to ride in a group where we''re NOT the tallest horse! LOL! Again, welcome . . . we
emlove.gif
new members!!!
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. There is a pic of my Paint Horse over in my Who''s Who.
30.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IWPO ~ Thanks! And your boy is GORGEOUS!!! He has amazing markings! More pics, please!!!
26.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Hey (no pun intended) fun thread! I''m a horsey girl too although I''m currently horseless.

I work for a tack shop in So Cal - been doing that for the past 11 years.
Got my Bachelors degree in Equine Business Management and I currently also teach riding lessons on the weekend as a side job (so I do get to have my horse fix!)

The horse that I had in college was a Half Arabian (half saddlebred) mare who I showed in English Pleasure. It was fun to have her at school with me because there we rode dressage and when I''d ride her on my own time (saddleseat) I''d get a lot of really funny looks.

anyway....Yay for horse people!!!!!
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Irish, your horse is absolutely beautiful!

I''ve never owned a horse, though I am a long-time admirer of them. When I was a kid I would always help my best friend and neighbor clean out her horse''s stall and groom him. Also, my grandfather used to breed quarter horses. I''m currently taking lessons (English) and plan to continue to do so indefinitely. The Equestrian center I attend primarily focuses on jumping and they have some amazing horses, but I specifically asked for the most "spirited" and "energetic" horse they have, so they are allowing me to train on a cheap Mexican mare who is so sprited that none of the other students will ride her, haha. I absolutely love her, though, and always love a challenge. Horses definitely have big personalities and hers is right up my alley. I would love to own my own one day, but for now I''m content with continuing my lessons.

Congrats to all of your horse owners!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful ~ I''ve said it before, and I''ll say it again: You have my dream job, you lucky duck!!!
9.gif
That''s so cool that you ride saddle seat! I''ve never met a saddle seat rider before . . . I think you guys look so elegant! I teach part-time too, which I started doing before I bought Red. That gave me some "horse money" and it also let me get my horse fix while I was still horseless. Now, my teaching money helps pay my board bill, and I really do get a kick out of watching my riders progress. Of course, thank God I don''t have your job . . . I''d be broke all the time if I worked at a tack shop! I''d be paying THEM to LET me work there! LOL!
2.gif

NEL ~ Thanks! Red thinks he''s beautiful too, and reminds everyone around him as often as possible . . . he''s SUCH a ham! LOL! That''s great that you take lessons! I''ve always loved jumping . . . I really think it feels like flying. And good for you for taking on the most challenging horse! I''m too much of a scaredy cat for that . . . I stick with the trustworthy ones! LOL!
9.gif

SDL ~ Thank you, sweetie! I''ll tell him you said so!
16.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Many moons ago I had a BF that had two beautiful Morgan/Arab crosses. His house was in a part of Burbank where they all had stables in the back area, and was a block from Griffith Park. I have many happy memories of riding through the acres and mountains of Griffith on a sweet little bay mare. I rode english, he rode western on an antique spanish saddle.
1.gif

I would love to have a horse, but I travel so much it''s just not feasible.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PurrfectPear ~ Morabs are awesome horses! It sounds like you had a blast on your trail rides. And even though you travel too much to own a horse, riding lessons are always an option! Most instructors don''t even require you to ride once a week if you can''t make that fit into your schedule . . . you can often ride biweekly or even just schedule a lesson whenever it suits you! (Enable, enable, enable . . .)
9.gif
2.gif

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Yay!

I'm also a horse owner. I have a 7 year old Appendix Quarter Horse gelding named Oliver who is mostly Thoroughbred, he's 17 hands and acts like a big puppy dog. We do hunter under saddle and when I have the time and the money AQHA shows.

I will be getting my new "baby" this Saturday. She's being shipped from Kentucky and is also an appendix quarter horse. Her name is Stella, and her registered name is "Your looking at a hottie".
25.gif

She will be my future show horse. :) Here's Oliver and I...

HUS show photo May111.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Pmpkn!
35.gif

Oliver and Stella are both BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

More pics, please!!!
9.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I adore horses. When I was a kid I had scads of model horses. I grew up riding Tennessee Walking Horses at my cousin''s home, which was within shouting distance of mine until we got my horse. He still lives with my parents, but I get to visit him from time to time. He is a spotted saddle horse gelding who is in his golden years. He''s super cute. I will have to find pics. I wish I could move him to me, but I have no yard to speak of, so he pretty much is content to be a yard ornament in the mean time.

I would LOVE to own a Morgan, a Norwegian Fjord, and a Walking horse of my own someday. What a lovely herd that would be!

I also used to own a mini donkey. Talk about PRECIOUS! I want more mini donkeys someday too.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any pictures to show but I have a beautiful welsh cob cross mare called Bewitched whom I adore. I have wanted a horse for as long as I can remember and had to wait until I was nearly 40 but she was so worth the wait. Two of my friends have just acquired three Rocky Mountain Horses (two foals and and a nine year old mare) and they are the most amazing horses I have ever encountered. They just don''t do drama and are so placid and beautiful. The Gait is amazing too, something in common with the TWH I believe. My dream would be to come to America and go trail riding on a gaited horse, just bliss. We are spending three days of our honeymoon in Dubai next year and I have already sourced a stables where we can ride in the desert on Arab horses which will be pretty much overwhelming.

Horses are just fab aren''t they?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy ~ (BTW, Fancy is the name of my friend''s horse ~ she''s beautiful!) Ya know, I think most horses dream of being a yard ornament! Ahhh, the easy life! LOL! Tell me more about your mini donkey! They are just ADORABLE and I''d love to have one someday!!!
30.gif

Samantha Red ~ My Stepdad used to own Tennessee Walkers, and he would like to have one again someday. In fact, he and my Mom and I are going to a TW show next weekend! I''m a Thoroughbred person, so I don''t know a whole lot about the gaited breeds, but I can''t wait to go to that show. I''ve met several Walkers in the past (and I even rode one of them), and they''ve all been very sweet horses! I''ve also heard very good things about Rocky Mountain Horses. Pretty much all of the gaited breeds seem to have a very devoted following. They must be wonderful horses! I would LOVE to see pictures of Bewitched! (Great name, BTW!) Do you think you could take some and post them??? Please???
9.gif

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
This is a barely 4 year old quarter horse. My daughter spends a lot of time with him and has recently placed in all categories, winning firsts in both English and Western disciplines. I keep waiting for the return on investment to come, but the look on my daughter''s face is enough for now.

Dandy.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 6:49:04 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Wishful ~ I''ve said it before, and I''ll say it again: You have my dream job, you lucky duck!!!
9.gif
That''s so cool that you ride saddle seat! I''ve never met a saddle seat rider before . . . I think you guys look so elegant! I teach part-time too, which I started doing before I bought Red. That gave me some ''horse money'' and it also let me get my horse fix while I was still horseless. Now, my teaching money helps pay my board bill, and I really do get a kick out of watching my riders progress. Of course, thank God I don''t have your job . . . I''d be broke all the time if I worked at a tack shop! I''d be paying THEM to LET me work there! LOL!
2.gif
Hahaha..yeah sometimes it''s hard but not having a horse makes it a lot easier to not buy things. However, when we get in the new spring or fall clothing lines I can get myself into trouble. There''s a lot of cute stuff and well...with my discount it''s like...why not!!!
9.gif

But I have to be careful..I run up my house charge pretty darn quick and then the accounting dept is after me.
15.gif

Riding saddle seat was fun! I don''t do it any more...and over the years I''ve ridden dressage and huntseat more than saddle seat. I guess I''m mostly a dressage rider now. At least that''s what I do when I happen to actually get on a horse.

Pmpkn - your QH oliver is adorable!!!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh Doctor...you have a pretty baby!
30.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful ~ I hear ya! I am an Ariat addict, and I''m looking for a twelve-step program if you happen to know of one! LOL! Seriously, I obsessively check the Ariat website to see when their new line is coming out. I''m unbelievably pathetic!
41.gif

Doctor ~ What a beautiful horse! I''m sure your daughter absolutely adores him, and congrats to her on all her ribbons!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results