shape
carat
color
clarity

The FBI Investigated Whether Trump Was Working For Russia

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night "The New York Times" broke the news that the FBI had started an investigation into whether Trump was secretly working for Russia, either willingly or unwittingly. The investigation was started after he fired James Comey but before Robert Mueller was appointed as special counsel.

"Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them. It is unclear whether Mr. Mueller is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter, and some former law enforcement officials outside the investigation have questioned whether agents overstepped in opening it.

The criminal and counterintelligence elements were coupled together into one investigation, former law enforcement officials said in interviews in recent weeks, because if Mr. Trump had ousted the head of the F.B.I. to impede or even end the Russia investigation, that was both a possible crime and a national security concern. The F.B.I.’s counterintelligence division handles national security matters."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the FBI had not looked into trump given all the red flags and trump almost constantly spouting russian propaganda even in his cabinet meetings they would be negligent in their duties.
I only wish instead of waiting till after the election and trump firing comey , I wish they had started it while he was running.
anyone who believes trump isn't owned by putin is not paying attention in my opinion.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"Trump has taken possession of his interpreter’s notes after meeting with...Putin and instructed..his linguist not to discuss what had transpired with..officials..There is no...record even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with" Putin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...cfd62dbb0a8_story.html?utm_term=.98892717482f

:eek2::eek2::eek2:
I genuinely hope that the FBI has been taping trump. Trump seizing the notes -- leaves THOSE CONVERSATIONS available to be used as BLACKMAIL as to what they discussed.

We record conversations or at least keep notes to protect the USA from other countries lying about what happened. There should NEVER be a 2 hour negotiation that the USA has no record of for our safety.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Trump has taken possession of his interpreter’s notes after meeting with...Putin and instructed..his linguist not to discuss what had transpired with..officials..There is no...record even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with" Putin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...cfd62dbb0a8_story.html?utm_term=.98892717482f

:eek2::eek2::eek2:
I genuinely hope that the FBI has been taping trump. Trump seizing the notes -- leaves THOSE CONVERSATIONS available to be used as BLACKMAIL as to what they discussed.

We record conversations or at least keep notes to protect the USA from other countries lying about what happened. There should NEVER be a 2 hour negotiation that the USA has no record of for our safety.

The interpreters should be called as witnesses by Mueller and House committees investigating the Russian meddling in the election. Of course, all the interpreters may have been provided by the Russians!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can we be discussing who in The Democratic Party can beat Trump in 2020 when we are also discussing whether Trump is a traitor and a Russian agent? Doesn't that strike anyone else as more than odd? As completely BIZARRE?

AGBF
:read:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the government shutdown overshadows all of it..

Overshadows this story...

Overshadows the fact that Manafort shared election data with the Russians...

Just sayin...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can we be discussing who in The Democratic Party can beat Trump in 2020 when we are also discussing whether Trump is a traitor and a Russian agent? Doesn't that strike anyone else as more than odd? As completely BIZARRE?

AGBF
:read:

Yes Deb.....completely bizarre!!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF , I’m convinced at this point Trump could come out and say he did everything he has been accused of, say treason isn’t a big deal and his supporters would still stand behind him.

The fact that Trump supporters feel he is looking out for them sickens me. He is destroying our country and they are watching him do it as they cheer him on.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the government shutdown overshadows all of it..

Overshadows this story...

Overshadows the fact that Manafort shared election data with the Russians...

Just sayin...

And not enough people appear to have noticed that The Senate could unilaterally end the shutdown if Mitch McConnell acted like a legislator and ran the Senate; instead he is acting like Donald Trump's servant. There should be a way to make that toady pay.

If McConnell called for a vote in The Senate, each Senator would be forced to put his name on the line.

If he was a coward and didn't vote to open the government, his constituents would see it. That would be bad for any Senator who had to stand up publicly and say he wanted a shutdown!

If cowardice in the face of his constituents was more frightening than Trump, then the Republicans in the Senate would vote for re-opening the government and they would have enough votes to override a Trump veto.

The Legislative branch is not helpless. Mitch McConnell neutered The Senate.

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF , I’m convinced at this point Trump could come out and say he did everything he has been accused of, say treason isn’t a big deal and his supporters would still stand behind him.

We have to change that, Calliecake. There has to be education via hearings in the House and and an open report by Robert Mueller. Only an informed public can protect our republic.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ćouldnt agree more Deb. My husband said everything you posted above multiple times yesterday. They choose not to end the shutdown.

How do you educate people who only watch Fox News, who refuse to read and listen to facts?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And not enough people appear to have noticed that The Senate could unilaterally end the shutdown if Mitch McConnell acted like a legislator and ran the Senate; instead he is acting like Donald Trump's servant. There should be a way to make that toady pay.

If McConnell called for a vote in The Senate, each Senator would be forced to put his name on the line.

If he was a coward and didn't vote to open the government, his constituents would see it. That would be bad for any Senator who had to stand up publicly and say he wanted a shutdown!

If cowardice in the face of his constituents was more frightening than Trump, then the Republicans in the Senate would vote for re-opening the government and they would have enough votes to override a Trump veto.

The Legislative branch is not helpless. Mitch McConnell neutered The Senate.

AGBF
I know!!

Why is he doing this? I feel he must be corrupt too. Is that thinking too simple?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have to change that, Calliecake. There has to be education via hearings in the House and and an open report by Robert Mueller. Only an informed public can protect our republic.
Yup, and bring Rosenstein in for a hearing. Let's also open the Steele dossier for the public to see. :clap:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today Rudy came with a trash can full of lies.

He went on cnn and said “I never said there was no collusion between the campaign or between people in the campaign. I have not. I said the president of the United States,” meaning Trump “didn’t commit a crime.

Rudy also said

“If the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago.
It’s either provable or it’s not.

It’s not provable because it never happened ... There’s no chance it happened with the president of the United States,” Rudy Giuliani said. “I have no idea what other people were doing.”
—————————

:cry2: Rudy can lie and then try to double speak all he wants but when push comes to shove he is defending a president who is a criminal on more than one front.
And at one time the respect he had from the public as being America’s mayor has been squandered and traded for what ever magic beans trump has promised him.

Moving the goal post by saying other people maybe colluded but trump didn’t is just another step into the pit of immoral behavior that follows trump. Trump knew about and planned and encouraged the help he got from Russia.

Rudy must think we are Complete idiots if he thinks that the decent people left in this country, will believe trump had **no clue ** that nearly everyone in the campaign was committing conspiracy to fraud the American people over the election and trump was simply an innocent bystander. Rudy can scream “collusion is not a crime” till the sun goes down, but that will not be enough for the people who love this nation and will not stand for candidates conspiring with foreign nations to become president.

Word salad it all he wants but this is NOT OK.
Cuomo should not let these liars on. It is an embarrassment to sane people to have to listen to bold faced lies and to Rudy himself even if he doesn’t see it yet.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know!!

Why is he doing this? I feel he must be corrupt too. Is that thinking too simple?

I find him (Mitch McConnell) deeply corrupt and immoral. I do not, however, think he is a Russian agent or usual idiot, like Trump. He just knows on which side his bread is buttered and cares only about that, not about the country or about people. He doesn't want to be primaried by someone who supports Trump without question, so he supports Trump without question. He has no conscience whatsoever.

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results