Premium
Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stayed there some years ago -- it was a fascinating place! Highly recommend the docent-guided tour if that's being offered at the time any PSer is paying a visit.

Hamilton College has a digital library of materials from the Oneida Community that you might like to dip into, @kenny , e.g.,

When Oneida moved all its manufacturing overseas, two Oneida employees bought the factory (about a mile from the Oneida Community House) and formed Sherill Manufacturing.
Its Liberty Tabletop division is the only manufacturer of stainless steel flatware (all 18/10 stainless) in the US & offers dinnerware, glassware, and other kitchen goods made in the USA:
I'm very pleased with what I've purchased from them :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that explains it! Most of Oneida’s most popular silverplate patterns were sold under the name “Oneida Community”. I own or have owned several Oneida Community patterns - Morning Star (my everyday service when I was single), Ballad (I now own a large set I once gave to my mother), Fleur de Luce, and Fairhill. When I was working, I had a single place setting of Coronation to use at work, LOL. I also have some Queen Bess (II) which is what we use when we go camping. I love the design and feel of many of the older patterns, and the warmth of the silverplate.

Thank you for the information, Kenny and MollyMalone! I’ll have to follow up on it! MollyMalone - I didn’t know Liberty was, in a way, a continuation of the Oneida tradition. I’ve admired many of their patterns, but it’s hard to justify buying more flatware when I already own several lifetimes’ worth!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never look at a piece of Oneida Community flatware the same again!!
*Running off to check my silverware drawer..............*
Edit: Yes, my drawer is full of Oneida....!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results