shape
carat
color
clarity

The Fall Baking Thread 2018

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's time to start the Fall Baking Thread. Kate just got me into the mood by posting a gorgeous photo of a pumpkin pie in another thread! I have a photo of Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes saved. I will have to search for the recipe.

pumpkinpiecupcakes.jpg

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Ingredients
1 can(s) 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 c cup sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c evaporated milk
2/3 c all purpose flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners, foil liners sprayed with cooking spray or just spray the cups with cooking spray. Either of these three methods will make it easy to take the cupcake out after it’s cooked. Paper liners make it difficult to remove the cupcakes.
2. Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
3. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
4. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for twenty minutes and let cool for twenty minutes.
5. Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice on top and serve. Makes 12 cupcakes.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer cooking over baking, but I will selflessly taste test your baked goods. :mrgreen2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I made a gorgeous quiche--my pastry was "perfect"! Yes I do say so myself!

I'll make chunky torchiere, this weekend, with the remaining pastry.

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll tell you what, when I was 16 years old my family went to Key West Florida for the first time, where I had my first slice of Key Lime pie and spent the next 16 years trying to replicate it and find it. The kind I had in Florida was tart, creamy, had a delicious golden crunchy graham cracker crust... :lickout: No restaurant ever came close. 2 years ago a dessert angel from heaven brought a frozen Trader Joe's key lime pie over and I'm telling you that's IT! It's the perfect dessert. That and their individual portions of molten chocolate lava cake. On that note here are some cakes I have made over the years for the kiddos...

IMG_0422.JPG IMG_3564.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to google this but only came up with pictures of lamps. What is chunky torchiere?

Matata: you always find my typos!:lol-2::appl::bigsmile:

Chunky Deep Dish Tourtiere. Canadian Living Magazine, Holiday Baking Issue, 1996, Pg. 30.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha. I thought torchiere was a dish specific to Canada. Looked up tourtiere -- looks delish.

Candaian soutcorrect doesn't work. Kinda like our SNAFTA agreement.:halo::saint:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a stock photo from Booze Cakes, Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer. During cold-weather seasons, I like a little fire in my sweets. This is the first cake I tried from the book because I happened to have all the ingredients on hand.
Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 7.18.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 7.21.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 7.21.45 PM.png
Recipe calls for garnishing with fresh orange slices.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother used to make a cake with Galliano liqueur. I do not recall any vodka. I wonder if it was a different recipe. I remember it from my childhood and she let us (her children) eat it, so it must not have had a lot of alcohol in it! It was good. Delicious! Your cake is really gorgeous, Matata.

Q

Queenie60

Hmmmm. Wondering what @soxfan would post. yummy!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm. Wondering what @soxfan would post. yummy!

She has been baking plenty, but has been posting her goodies in another thread. I just posted a note to her there that she has been asked for here. :)) Thank you, Queenie!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am cheating. I am copying and pasting from a previous fall baking thread. Yes, I am lazy! :lol-2:And I'm copying everything, cuz I would say it anyway. ;))

Thanks for the thread Deb, lots of yummy looking things in here. :love:

I think I may have posted this first one before, but even so, it's definitely worth repeating. I have not met a person who doesn't love this yet. I suppose if I ran into someone who didn't like pumpkin they wouldn't. Apparently most people do!

Pumpkin Cake

4 eggs

1 2/3 c. sugar

1 c. canola oil

15 oz. can pumpkin

2 c. all purpose flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Grease 9x13 pan. Heat oven to 350.

Mix eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with mixer til light and fluffy. Have dry ingredients mixed, and add to batter in a couple batches, mix well after each. Pour and bake for 25-30 min. Cool completely, then frost.

Frosting

8 oz. soft cream cheese, softened

1 stick butter soft

3-4 cups powdered sugar (I use just over 3)

1-2 tsp. vanilla extract (I use just over 2)

Beat butter and cheese til smooth. Add powdered sugar in 1 cup additions, mixing well. If it gets too thick, add a Tbsp. or two of milk. (I do)

I find this even better the second day after all the spices have had time to marry.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF omg! that is to die for delicious! pumpkin pie cupcakes!!!!

Heezus Deb, you are awesome.. thanks for the pix, I can easily find the recipe because, well, it's pumpkin pie time o'year!!!

Now I will post something I always make at either Thanksgiving or Christmas:

Mine always comes out a bit less liquidy.. but I use this recipe.. the best best part of this recipe is the orange peel that I zest rather than peel and cut, to each her/his own I always say! I zest the lemon too, I will say also that I add more than just a TBL of zest maybe 1 and 1/2, I have been making this for 31 years so basically I just do it and don't measure much.. it's delicious. On the holiday that I don't make this I make candied sweet potatoes because my mom always made them, and I love them - I mean sweet potatoes, brown sugar and butter? cooked low for 3 - 4 hours, YUM YUM YUM.

Sweet potatoes Mouseline!

https://jimlwright.wordpress.com/20...g-special-satisfying-sweet-potato-mousseline/

sp.jpg

Candied Sweet potatoes

http://www.oldfashionedfamilies.com/my-moms-candied-sweet-potatoes/

spc.jpg

Seriously the recipe is the same as I use but again, I've been making these for 43 years and I just do it, always in an electric fry pan BECAUSE that is how my mom did it.

The candied are definately sweet than the mouseline, but LIVE! eat! be happy it's only 2x a year sorta!

Kate

It's time to start the Fall Baking Thread. Kate just got me into the mood by posting a gorgeous photo of a pumpkin pie in another thread! I have a photo of Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes saved. I will have to search for the recipe.

pumpkinpiecupcakes.jpg

Deb/AGBF

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
DS is a big fan of pumpkin pie so these will go over well at my house plus the recipe is super easy. Will be picking up the canned pumpkin asap.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for this recipe Tekate. It wasn't what I was expecting!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy mackerel @soxfan! Those are so gorgeous they almost don’t look real! @AGBF if you make those pumpkin pie cupcakes, let me know. I pinned that a few years ago but have never been brave enough (or ambitious enough) to try them!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday and Today's work. NOW it's time to enjoy my weekend! Also, I need to start charging more money. LOL!

IMG_0813.jpg IMG_0842.jpg

Beautiful - charge what it is worth - they won't find it cheaper anywhere else - and certainly not that well done!

Q

Queenie60

Yesterday and Today's work. NOW it's time to enjoy my weekend! Also, I need to start charging more money. LOL!

Green with envy! You certainly have talent.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are so talented! You outdid yourself! I wish you lived close to me! I would definitely order our cakes from you! :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Add me to the chorus of admirers @soxfan. You are very talented. These are almost too beautiful to eat.:kiss2: Notice I say *almost* because I for one would not be able to resist eating these despite their beauty...gluten and all.:whistle:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF omg! that is to die for delicious! pumpkin pie cupcakes!!!!

Heezus Deb, you are awesome.. thanks for the pix, I can easily find the recipe because, well, it's pumpkin pie time o'year!!!

Now I will post something I always make at either Thanksgiving or Christmas:

Mine always comes out a bit less liquidy.. but I use this recipe.. the best best part of this recipe is the orange peel that I zest rather than peel and cut, to each her/his own I always say! I zest the lemon too, I will say also that I add more than just a TBL of zest maybe 1 and 1/2, I have been making this for 31 years so basically I just do it and don't measure much.. it's delicious. On the holiday that I don't make this I make candied sweet potatoes because my mom always made them, and I love them - I mean sweet potatoes, brown sugar and butter? cooked low for 3 - 4 hours, YUM YUM YUM.

https://jimlwright.wordpress.com/20...g-special-satisfying-sweet-potato-mousseline/

sp.jpg

Candied Sweet potatoes

http://www.oldfashionedfamilies.com/my-moms-candied-sweet-potatoes/

spc.jpg

Seriously the recipe is the same as I use but again, I've been making these for 43 years and I just do it, always in an electric fry pan BECAUSE that is how my mom did it.

The candied are definately sweet than the mouseline, but LIVE! eat! be happy it's only 2x a year sorta!

Kate

OMG Yummmmmmmy!!!! :lickout:
Thanks for sharing the recipe @Tekate!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results