shape
carat
color
clarity

The elusive period.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
So, as a lot of you know, I''m set to get an IUD sometime this week. But my period is not cooperating at ALL! I''m all excited and ready to go and the FH has taken off work to bring me and I told my boss I''m having a "minor procedure" and the FH even bought me 1/2 of chocolate covered pretzels (for those of you who do not know, these little lovelies are god''s gift to PMSing women) for my recovery... Everything is set up except MY FRIGGEN PERIOD.
29.gif

I''m so upset. I work and go to school full time so the only day I can get it put in and have some recoop time is a friday and my periods are normally only 4-5 days long so I''m just absolutely screwed unless it comes today!

Of all the things that I have wanted to come... this was never one of them! The Grey''s Anatomy Series on DVD? Now THAT was something I was on the edge of my seat waiting for... my period... not so much.
14.gif

I keep running to the bathroom to check like it''s christmas morning or something. I''m so impatient.
38.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Try to chill out and relax, or concentrate on something else. The more stress, the more it will be thrown off schedule.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I know too much about your bajingo.
lol

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 4:25:03 PM
Author: luckystar112
lol
Bajingo? I have never heard that before. LOL
19.gif

The only reason I posted is because a couple of girls wanted to be updated on the whole fiasco. Hence. I want to just get it over with. Grr.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Do you watch Scrubs?
It''s what Elliot calls it instead of the medical term. lol

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
When you want it to rain..wash your car.

When you want the phone to ring...take a shower.

Understand there is a set law in place here...how to fix? Put on your favorite WHITE slacks. Want more odds? Agree to a public speech while wearing them.

There you go! You''re welcome.

DKS

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 4:25:03 PM
Author: luckystar112
lol
ha ha ditto. i was like what elusive period, end of the sentence kinda thing...ooooh no. the other kind.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 5:40:28 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
When you want it to rain..wash your car.

When you want the phone to ring...take a shower.

Understand there is a set law in place here...how to fix? Put on your favorite WHITE slacks. Want more odds? Agree to a public speech while wearing them.

There you go! You''re welcome.

DKS
Haha...

I find that planning a hot romantic getaway works for most women. Murphy''s law....

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
LOL lucky

nebe

Brilliant_Rock

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, I meant to quote Luckystar....never heard bajingo either but it made me laugh

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Can''t believe I am asking this...any news to report? Did you have to cancel the appt?

DKS

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, I did have to cancel. It finially came friday night so I have a new appt on Monday morning. I''ll let you all know how bad it is when I finally do have it done; if you like
2.gif
3.gif

Thank you for asking though!!
35.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I got my Mirena today!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It wasn''t too bad. Definitely hurt though. I can give a description if anyone is interested. I''m going to curl up with a heating pad and chocolate for a few hours. Such a tummyache.
14.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
hope you feel better soon!
I usually just go straight for the ibuprofin...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Okie Dokie then. Great news!

Yes to the chocolate thing...fixes all wrongs. With ya on that one!!
36.gif

DKS

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
ERGSS!!! I JUST LOST A REALLY BIG ENTRY!! Grrr... ANYWAY...

I had issues getting the appointment due to the fact that my period came really late on Friday afternoon. I finally got an appointment on Monday at 1pm. FH got the day off, I did as well. He took me out to brunch before we went and I ate a pretty good amount out of nerves. Oh well.

We finally got to the doctor''s I took a pregnancy test and changed. We twiddled our thumbs in the room for about 5 minutes, FH looking horrified while looking at the things I was supposed to put my feet in. When the doctor came in she explained what she was going to do, any risks and percentage rates. All stuff I had looked up, so nothing was a surprise. After that she dilated my cervix and did a sounding (measuring of the uterus, it has to be over 6cm to fit an IUD) and said I was just on the edge, so she was going to try once and let me know if it would fit. FH did so well, he held my hands and rubbed my forehead, breathed with me. Very supportive.

30.gif
She put in a catheter and placed the IUD. Which was the worst part because of all the pressure.
39.gif
It kind of felt like someone had both hands around my uterus and was twisting in opposite directions or something, but it could have been a LOT worse. From sounding the insertion was probably about 5 minutes, and when they tell you to breathe... you better do it or you''ll pass out.
23.gif

I got dressed and went to get an internal ultrasound to check the position of the device, which hurt a little because I was having cramps, but it wasn''t too bad. FH had hightailed it to the waiting room by then. We went home and he laid with me to watch a movie and gave me a thermapad.

All in all, it wasn''t as bad as it could have been. I''m definitely not looking forward to giving birth after feeling it though. I''m glad I went through with it and the only thing I''m having trouble with now are what feel like menstrual cramps. Nothing I can''t handle.

16.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You know...I just want to make sure you know, that fella of yours...is one in a million. A man being in the exam room with a pregnant wife is one thing...and then him in the delivery room is also a great feat for men...

But for yours to be there....THEN...during the monthly visit from Aunt Louise and all that ...well...I just say, I would reel this one in really fast. Being aware of BC method is one thing, but being involved to the point where he could have held or handed an instrument to the doc...THAT IS A MAN!!

Ok, no offense...but no more details for me. Glad it all worked out for you...glad you are progressing...and well I am just glad.

Whew. You got any other subjects we can talk about???
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

DKS

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 2:11:16 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
You know...I just want to make sure you know, that fella of yours...is one in a million. A man being in the exam room with a pregnant wife is one thing...and then him in the delivery room is also a great feat for men...

But for yours to be there....THEN...during the monthly visit from Aunt Louise and all that ...well...I just say, I would reel this one in really fast. Being aware of BC method is one thing, but being involved to the point where he could have held or handed an instrument to the doc...THAT IS A MAN!!
He definitely has his good qualities, huh?
28.gif
I love him dearly.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results