shape
carat
color
clarity

the dress saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
So ladies I bought a Watters sample gown online. I had it altered (previously it had a portrait neckline which was basically an extra flap of fabric across the shoulders) I also added a sash which can be removed. Let me know what you think.

wattersalex8383.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
One more picture

wattersalex834850.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH!!!! I LOVE IT! IT LOOKS PERFECT ON YOU!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
It''s STUNNING! I could see Jackie O in it! I love the glamour of the sash!!!!! Congrats on finding a good deal and making it your own!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that dress, and I love that dress on you! What aren''t you happy with, or what are you questioning? I think the only tiny thing I might want to do is match the V on the front neckline, by altering the back neckline so it dips down into a V, rather than going straight across the back. I think that would look lovely, but if you left it as is, it is still a classic yet romantic dress. You look beautiful in it! Love the sash and brooch too.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress! The neckline looks amazing on you! I love the color of the sash, its beautiful. Awesome job!~

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 12:50:29 PM
Author: surfgirl
I love that dress, and I love that dress on you! What aren''t you happy with, or what are you questioning? I think the only tiny thing I might want to do is match the V on the front neckline, by altering the back neckline so it dips down into a V, rather than going straight across the back. I think that would look lovely, but if you left it as is, it is still a classic yet romantic dress. You look beautiful in it! Love the sash and brooch too.
Oh I agree, I would love to see the back in a V shape (even if you don''t do a V, it looks gorgeous on you!) Would you be able to post pics without the sash? I would love to see the dress on its own - I am not a fan of adding a splash of colour to a wedding dress - yours is gorgeous just the way it is and I love it on you - I would just love to see it plain too!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE IT. What great vision you had for this dress!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!!! I would probably modify the back a little bit, but other than that, it is perfect!

ljsmith001

Shiny_Rock
I think the dress is GORG! What I can''t figure out is why it looks like you''re standing super straight and tall but your reflection in the mirror shows you standing a little slumped. Seriously, I''ve been staring at the pic trying to figure out if its a different person! Anyway, whats important is that the dress is beautiffffful! Love the new neckline! I had no idea you could alter dresses anyway you want, makes me a little excited!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The V neck is perfect for you, it looks really amazing. I also LOVE the sash, I think a splash of color is absolutely perfect and it seems so you.
The fabric looks so wonderful, just the right sheen, good job!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous!! this one looks really soft and feminine on you, very classic and elegant. good job!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore Watters gowns, and this one looks perfect on you!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty dress! I love that v-neckline on you. I agree with the others about seeing if you could make the back come down into a V as well. That would be so cute! I''m a huge fan of adding color to a wedding dress but that sash does nothing for me personally. It looks too 1980''s, with the big bow, for my liking. But it''s your dress so if you like it, leave it!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! The back is really what is bothering me about it actually.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:50:57 PM
Author: february2003bride
I love it!!!
Me too! I also agree that having the back changed to a "v" would look amazing. But, either way, you''ll look great
1.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Really, you look stunning! Don''t change a thing; it is perfect. Classy, elegant, with a lovely neckline.

It''s going to be amazing! I''m envisioning your pictures now!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Allie, you look stunning! I personally love the sash, and think the extra glitter from the broach is a really nice touch. If the back is what''s bothering you, I think altering it slightly to dip into a V would be beautiful. It looks great as is, though, it really does. Don''t doubt yourself!

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Love the neckline on you. It looks really beautiful. I agree with the other posters that the back would look fabulous with a V as well but it doesn''t look bad the way it is now. So it''s gonna look great either wa.

I must admit though I am not a fan of the sash. Sorry. I also think the fact that it isn''t ironed is bugging me but I''m sure you''d take care of that before the big day.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I think the dress look fantastic on you.

If the back of the dress is what is bugging you, try moving the sash to have the bow and the pin in the center at the back. It will draw the attention away from the part of the dress that you are concerned about, and it will also allow the beauty of the front of the dress and your gorgeous neckline be the focal point.

Do you plan on wearing your hair up or down? I think having it part up to showcase your neckline and having it drape down the back would also cover up whatever you don't like about the top of the back of the dress.

Or....you can have the back altered if you want to go through that process.

Either way, you're going to look FAB.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it''s absolutely gorgeous! you have a fantastic neckline and this dress suites really accentuates that. and the fabric is beautiful! i really love this dress on you.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I can see what Surfgirl is suggesting, and I agree, but it would look great either way.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE THAT DRESS ON YOU! Keep the sash- it is gorgeous!!! Will your bridesmaid dresses be that color? I also agree with everyone else- the back would look awesome in a V as well

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results