shape
carat
color
clarity

THE DRESS (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
from the back
lelaweddingdress006.jpg

best pic i could get from the front i still have more pics comming
lelaweddingdress005.jpg

it was so hot in the store so my hair looks hideous lol and im all red i was sweating bullets!
I definetly will have a different veil and my hair will be down. the lady in the store just threw this stuff on me, even shoes hahaha

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OH OH OH.. I LOVE THE SASH!!! Are you goin with the gray? or with another color for the sash?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
very pretty, I like the sash too!
36.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Love it!
30.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
I plan on keeping the sash becuase of its color haha its called "slate blue" the reason for this is that my fiance works at microsoft and that happens to be one of the colors for window which is the product hes working on haha i know kinda alame but he loves it!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It looks fab on you!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! Congrats! What kind of veil are you thinking about?

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 4:54:26 PM
Author: anchor31
It''s gorgeous!! Congrats! What kind of veil are you thinking about?

im currently looking at veils, im so unsure though i was thinking maybe the birdcage style? or down past the fingertips i really love this style but im not sure my dress would look good with it

73414701.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think a fingertip or elbow length one or two tier would be best so everyone can see the sash clearly in the back through the veil...the mantilla is cute, but I dont know that it'd go with the dress style--would prob have to see a pic, I'm not great at just visualizing that stuff

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
OH I LOVE IT!
I think that veil would be lovely with it too! Are you so excited? It is a SMASHING dress! The sash is gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing pics!!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
i am soo excited tybee! i really feel like now the ball is rolling haha even though the wedding is over a year away but now im like yay i have the dress and now i can start planning becuase i have the dress lol

i think th two tei is what i tried on before and i hated it im not a pouffy person and i felt pouffy in it lol ill most likely end up getting a simple veil if i get a veil at all!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s pretty! I''m going shopping on Friday, for the first time. Do you really have to look like 2 sizes bigger than your normal size?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 10:54:05 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Oh that''s pretty! I''m going shopping on Friday, for the first time. Do you really have to look like 2 sizes bigger than your normal size?
depends on the dress designer! Some label theirs "true to size", and others do the 2 sizes too bigger thing (which pisses me off!) Your dress consultant will tell you what''s up.

GB: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that dress on you. So glad you were able to make it happen!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
CG: im so glad I was able to make it happen too its a great dress and if I lose just a little more weaight (5 lbs) it will look even better

in my case it is true two sizes bigger than the norm I wear a size 12 normally but had to get a size 16
7.gif
made me feel fat haha

heres a better pic from the front im not sure why I look horrified lol the dress make me look skinny :)
I was wondering what style of crinoline (sp) I should get for this dress any suggestions? or is it just best to try them on with the dress?

seatile052.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
OH and should i have it busseled? im just not sure becuase its not a long train but knowing me i would still trip over it. has anyone ever seen a sash gown bussled???? oh help!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!!
30.gif

That''s the Amsale, yes?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it just looks prettier in each picture! How lovely!

Gosh, I hope I can find a "true to size" dress, because I''m like you, Gary''s bride, I waiver between a 12/14, and I''m gonna throw fits if I have to wear an 18! Eeek! Talk about not helping the bride feel all wonderful and pretty and stuff! Heehee.

You look amazing and so curvy! Yay!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 1:26:41 AM
Author: GarysBride
CG: im so glad I was able to make it happen too its a great dress and if I lose just a little more weaight (5 lbs) it will look even better

in my case it is true two sizes bigger than the norm I wear a size 12 normally but had to get a size 16
7.gif
made me feel fat haha

heres a better pic from the front im not sure why I look horrified lol the dress make me look skinny :)

I was wondering what style of crinoline (sp) I should get for this dress any suggestions? or is it just best to try them on with the dress?

You look beautiful in that dress! It''s normal for bridal dresses to run small, I had to get mine 2 sizes bigger than what I am in pants/regular dresses also
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OOOh.. So pretty. I love the simplicity of the dress and the splash of color from the sash..

I dont'' think the mantilla goes quite right with your dress.. Nor do I think a birdcage veil would.. I think just a simple one tier elbow or fingertip length veil would be super pretty.. maybe one of those that you can just drape over your hair.. or a drop veil.. oooh.. pretty..

And yes absolutely you will need a bustle.. You will not want to be dragging your train around all night. There are some GORGEOUS sash gown bustles..They can bustle it all up together or do a separate bustle for the sash from the rest of the dress. I think there are some on the knot in one of the bios.. the bustle bio I''d guess.

p.s. I had to go up more like 3 sizes for my wedding dress.. I dont'' know what size "dress" I wear.. but in pants I normally wear a 2 or a 4.. and my wedding dress was a 10! and it didnt'' even need to be taken in!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Hi GarysBride! I''ve been struggling with the same issues when it comes to what to do about a veil and a bustle! I really love the look of a 1 tier cathedral veil, but I''m concerned that it may cover up the sash (and the embroidery and beading on it)! I may end up with a 1 tier elbow or fingertip length one, as MelissaSue suggested. One of these days I''m going to have to take my dress with me to a bridal salon to try on different veils with it, and see how they look. I don''t think that a mantilla or a birdcage veil would work well with a sash dress, but everyone has different taste. I suggest taking your dress in to a bridal salon as well, to try on different styles and see what you like!
1.gif

As much as I don''t want to bustle the sash because design-wise it''s the main focus of the dress, I''m going to (like MelissaSue said, you won''t want to be dragging your train around all night)! There are some pictures on the knot in the bustlebio2 bio (the rest of the bustle bios are no longer working): http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=bustlebio2 Scroll down to the bottom and there are some pics of sash dresses bustled. Also, there is a sash dress bio, but the vast majority of the pictures won''t load anymore (there used to be a ton of helpful pictures on there)!
39.gif
Here''s one that I saved before it quit working (I think this is similar to how I''m going to have mine bustled...I don''t want a big floppy bow on my butt, lol!):

sashbustle.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 11:48:16 AM
Author: Kerbear560
Hi GarysBride! I've been struggling with the same issues when it comes to what to do about a veil and a bustle! I really love the look of a 1 tier cathedral veil, but I'm concerned that it may cover up the sash (and the embroidery and beading on it)! I may end up with a 1 tier elbow or fingertip length one, as MelissaSue suggested. One of these days I'm going to have to take my dress with me to a bridal salon to try on different veils with it, and see how they look. I don't think that a mantilla or a birdcage veil would work well with a sash dress, but everyone has different taste. I suggest taking your dress in to a bridal salon as well, to try on different styles and see what you like!
1.gif

As much as I don't want to bustle the sash because design-wise it's the main focus of the dress, I'm going to (like MelissaSue said, you won't want to be dragging your train around all night)! There are some pictures on the knot in the bustlebio2 bio (the rest of the bustle bios are no longer working): http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=bustlebio2 Scroll down to the bottom and there are some pics of sash dresses bustled. Also, there is a sash dress bio, but the vast majority of the pictures won't load anymore (there used to be a ton of helpful pictures on there)!
39.gif
Here's one that I saved before it quit working (I think this is similar to how I'm going to have mine bustled...I don't want a big floppy bow on my butt, lol!):

rainbowtrout: Its not the Amsale its the 2be. I like the back of mine better anyways. I did try on an amsale when i was there though haha it was nice but then i looked at the price tag.......
23.gif

Kerbear560: Thanks for all the help on the bussling, the picture helps, I never would have thought to bring my dress with me to try on veils either becuase it wieghs 40 lbs lol

My FI keeps asking me questions about how excited I am and hes already decided on his tux ectera hes more prepared then me haha

do yo umean a veil like this? I will be wearing my hair down so imagine it with my hair down, My other alternative is no veil with flowers in my hair.
leftmodelpr606.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that dress on you!!!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Garysbride, you look beautiful in that dress! And I really like the sash bustle that Kerbear posted -- it looks like it is even the same dress!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 2:06:53 PM
Author: fatafelice
Garysbride, you look beautiful in that dress! And I really like the sash bustle that Kerbear posted -- it looks like it is even the same dress!

thank you fatafelice i love your dress so much! I cant wait to see the finished product!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the veil with satany trim! So pretty, pretty!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
The two tier elbow length veil with the ribbon edge that you posted is very pretty! If you wanted to do fingertip length though, I''d stick with a single tier (it''s sheerer, so you can still see the top of the sash through it). Here''s an example of a single tier fingertip length veil worn by a bride with a sash dress that I found on the knot (knottie starbuck212):

singletiersash.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
You COULD do a veil like that.. but here is what is in my head for your dress..

pamengnetveil2.jpg

Not poufy, just one layer.. straight down..

OR a drop veil

DV-Emb-110_blusher.JPG

I actually almost wish I had seen these before I got my veil.. I JUST LOVE THEM

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
thanks melissasue i think the drop veil would look best thanks so much

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
soooo pretty! and wow! what a knockout figure~ i vote for the two tier slightly poufy veil. i usually don''t like the pufy look, but i recently re-saw (??) the episode of sex and the city with charlotte''s first wedding and she looked so fab with the elbow length poufy veil...it totally can see you rockin'' that look!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
thanks gingerb normallyi would go for the pouffy look but its not for me lol im a child of the 80''s and pouffy scares me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results