shape
carat
color
clarity

The Diamond Industry in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boo on the price hikes!

Leonid I love the journal section!! More articles!
9.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Dear Leonid...

Certainly this is a very interesting article by Paul and your posting of it is commendable as well.

None of us knows what will really happen in the future until it does.

Unfortunately, while the experts may own crystals, none of them is really a working crystal ball.

When I think about the future, with the changes in grading by GIA and AGS, I wonder if our industry might not make the same mistake Coca Cola did when they tried to market their new formula.

What is even worse is the actions of De Beers, and it seems like the wrong time to do what they are doing. The world is in an economic turmoil with interest rates, the economy, the wars we are involved in, as well as potential wars that may develop.

But prices are going up in all areas, a lot of it due to increased gas costs, like shipping and some companies raising prices to sustain the levels of cash flow due to decreasing sales. But some industries are lowering prices, so its sort of a confusing mess for consumers.

Guess we have to wait to see what happens and how the public will react to the oncoming changes.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results