shape
carat
color
clarity

The closest I'll ever get

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
My absolute first gemstone love is Fancy colored diamonds. I have acquired a collection of about 25, all small ranging from 1.74 to .3 carats. The blinding hole in that collection is a blue. As all of you are aware, even tiny natural blues are astronomical, and have only gotten even higher out of reach in the last 15 years I've been collecting.

I discovered my solution, the scratch for that particular itch, as well as the issue of being a size whore needing to size whore like @Niel coined in a recent post, ha.

This is my new to me heat only 6.47 carat light blue sapphire with 1.13 carat diamond ballerina ring in platinum. I have never owned any baguettes, and originally wasn't sure I would like them, but they put off white light that is pretty magical. The sapphire truly does sparkle like a gorgeous blue diamond minus the color show. It feels old school Hollywood to me, and I love it. 20190404_090323.jpg
20190404_072215.jpg 20190403_184638.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is such a beautiful colour! I have never liked baguette cuts either, but a friend of mine has a wide baguette eternity ring (6mm) that she wears on her right hand, and now I am in love with them & the flashes they fire out when she moves her hand. I can see how you would be smitten with this!

I think this ring is just beautiful. It definitely has a vintage, dreamy feel to it :love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That centre is such a beautiful colour! Want!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... if it were a step cut to boot, you could count on a slight female robber .)

The colour!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
That's so pretty! I like ballerina style rings, they are so feminine!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This new one is very pretty, @Mrs_Strizzle
But your avatar one makes my heart thump more!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glamouuuur (said in a French accent). I love it. Enjoy your ballerina ring!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE the ballerina! :love: :love: :love: And the light blue sapphire. I've been contemplating a similar ring. I've been wanting a light periwinkle blue oval sapphire or spinel in a ballerina halo. Now that I've seen yours, I'm even more convinced! This looks stunning on you. Congratulations!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a blue get a lightbox one. Your ring is very pretty.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
This new one is very pretty, @Mrs_Strizzle
But your avatar one makes my heart thump more!

Yes, me too. I haven't let a day go by without wearing that one since I got it (except when painting). But I found myself when being tempted by another stone or jewelry asking myself if I liked it better that this one, and then not buying. So I think this one was meant to be mine too.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

@AprilBaby I honestly haven't had that thought until your suggestion. I have always seen the irradiated blue diamonds that have been around forever, and I don't care for them. Makes me think mall store, bad quality diamonds. I know the Lightbox is a completely different animal, however.

MAYBE Lightbox will bring down the $$ for natural blues...but not the natural pinks because I have some of those, lol. A girl can dream!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty color, enjoy! I hope the diamond counterparts become more widely available in the future too. The lighbox blue is pretty, and i believe dnea has a nice light blue/violet, but this sapphire color is killer imho.

Also, worth peeking at cokitty's thread on her blue green diamond which is treated iirc, don't know where it is from but it is a very pretty color, not the icky irradiated blue.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty color, enjoy! I hope the diamond counterparts become

Also, worth peeking at cokitty's thread on her blue green diamond which is treated iirc, don't know where it is from but it is a very pretty color, not the icky irradiated blue.

Wow, hers is definitely a gorgeous blue unlike the typical! Thanks for the reference, I'm saving her necklace in my design folder.:oops:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great color! Looks very glamorous on you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a beautiful color and an amazing ring love!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring @Mrs_Strizzle :love: LOVE LOVE LOVE it!:love: Elegant, sophisticated and beautiful. :appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about glamorous! Such a statement ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results