shape
carat
color
clarity

The Brian Gavin Diamond, WhiteFlash, NiceIce, PS Experience

denniswade2323

Rough_Rock
Firstly, I want to thank all the contributors of PriceScope for providing a wealth of information to noob diamond seekers such as me. When starting, I only understood carat size. Bigger is better and that's all there is to it! Wrong. Pricescope has become my most frequented website/forum (even more than TSN, which is absurd during NHL playoff season).

I was prepared to purchase an e-ring very soon after the decision for marriage was made but didn't know where to start. My girlfriend wouldn't give any ideas or hints. I was close to purchasing a couple different loose diamonds from BlueNile and Ritani. However, I quickly began to learn about Carat's 3 other friends (Cut, Clarity, and Color) and found informative websites such as PriceScope and niceice.com/Todd.

After a couple weeks of bed reading (okay I admit, sometimes at work as well), I was set on a hearts and arrows diamond. Now this will be easy - buy the cheapest looking one with a heart and arrow shape, right? Wrong. Again! I learned what makes a true hearts and arrow diamond spectacular from niceice/Todd and began using his ideal proportions to filter out the less desirable stones. That's when I began to see the value in BGD, Whiteflash, and Good old Gold. As admitted, I'm a noob and trusted Todd based on his many articles. I reached out to Todd to assist in this scary but exciting venture. He was quick with his communication and provided me with multiple options that were within my budget. A great guy with an amazing blog - thanks again, Todd.

I was undecided between two diamonds from Whiteflash (A Cut Above) and Brian Gavin (Signature H&A). I typically don't write about my experiences, but felt this was necessary as there are likely many that are hesitant to purchase online. Although I didn't end up purchasing from Whiteflash, I had to comment on my positive experience with Becca E. Becca was amazing with her communication, quick to provide information, and made recommendations that had me thinking hard. She was also mindful of my budget. Thanks, Becca.

And finally, BGD. Katie was the most patient and amazing sales representative I've dealt with. We went back and forth via email many times a day. When she wasn't available, Catherine was quick to help and provided the same exceptional level of service. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and extremely helpful. Thank you so much, Katie and Catherine!

I was extremely hesitant sending a wire transfer to BGD. But with a lot of research, everything added up and seemed legit. I took the risk and made payment at the end of a work day. Within 24 hours, the diamond was shipped and after 48 hours of payment, I had the diamond in hand. And let me tell you all, it's a beaut. Words can't describe it. For Canadians: don't worry about any duties when purchasing online from the USA. Only provincial and governmental service taxes apply.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results