shape
carat
color
clarity

The Best Way To Protect Robert Mueller

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to call this thread, "The Best Way To Protect Robert Mueller", but I think it is a misleading title. Robert Mueller does not need protection; the United States needs it. It is Robert Mueller who has been affording protection to the United States by keeping Donald Trump from abusing his power, and now many people are, mistakenly, asserting that Robert Mueller needs protection!

Robert Mueller's investigation does need protection, however, and Congress is finally stepping up to the plate in an attempt to provide it. Some bills are being put forward in an effort to keep Trump fromfiring Mueller or to reinstate hm should he be fired. Others are more complicated. (After all, most of the people in Congress are lawyers!)

For a look at all the ways in which various members of the legislative Branch are trying to ensure that Trump not fir Ribert Mueller with impunity, click on the link!

Link..https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/...-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

AGBF

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont know much about the legal stuff or the details but I hope this whole mess is taken care of soon. The sooner 45 is out of the office the better it will be for the whole nation. I shudder to think of how much trouble the nation is in if we actually have an international problem come up that required a level headed leader who was looking out for the nations interest and not his own personal profit, ego, and well being. Everything I have seen so far tells me 45 is not prepared, qualified in any way or willing to learn how to do the job he was elected to perform. Unless he is reading a speech that someone else wrote, when I hear him speak I wonder how in the world he got to where he is. If any of my children were that incoherent I would quite literally take them to the dr's to have them checked for a concussion ect.
I hope congress will step up and ensure Muller and the others are safe ( both physically and in their jobs ) so that what ever the outcome of the investigation they can get the truth out. Even if Muller finds no criminal activity, I firmly believe the conservative agenda would stand a better chance with Pence as president. I do not understand why the republican party has not asked 45 to step down as he has proven to be ineffective and unwilling to work with people within his own party much less across the aisle. The loyal Jeff Sessions public bullying was a new low. Sadly, I am confident that he will sink lower sooner than later over who knows what. The pattern seems to be that every time the nation says he has hit a new low he seems to whine at the mean pundits and then say ---- You think that was bad ... " hold my beer " :eek2:
If Mueller can get him out of office sooner than later that would be great but one way or another the USA needs a leader and not someone who will ask the twitter followers ( as young as 13 ) to search for **** videos of women he doesnt like or tell the young boy scouts about his friends orgy boats and then lie about the leaders calling him to say how great his speech is.
Mueller has my support and I hope the nation will be ok in the mean time until we get a president I can respect, if not as a human, at least as a leader who will work to better the lives that he/she is to SERVE.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, I barricade my heart and mind in armor and I turn on Fox News, just to see what they are feeding their masses. Last night, it was Hannity, demonizing Muller and calling for Rosenstein's recusal. Of course, "witch hunt" was used and he also said that "no evidence" has been found to implicate the president.

I watched for thirty seconds and couldn't take the pain any longer.

But if that much garbage was being fed to the people in such a short period of time, what else is going on over there?

I saw an opinion article, that I will post here that was written on Fox that said, "If he were found guilty, would we really care?" And it cited how well the economy was doing and basically gave Trump all of the credit for it. :confused2:

https://apple.news/APcCjtdsrREWsvWWxkibZ7w

And lastly, I read an article yesterday on Wapo that stated that it appears that Trump is preparing his base for the worst. That if this Russia Investigation finds him guilty, he will make it appear as though the election was stolen from them. It's a good read.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...is-base-for-the-worst/?utm_term=.64227981debe

I am glad that Congress is stepping up to do the right thing, but it seems that Trump/Fox News will do whatever they can to keep this base fueled.
I'm beginning to feel hopeless, almost like, cut off the head and it won't die...two more appear...the hydra.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Best Way To Protect Robert Mueller?

Easy answer... Mueller himself should assign agents to look into the Clintons for "obstruction of justice" that way Trump nor the Reps. can accuse Mueller of being biased, but the chances for that happen is slim and none.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Easy answer... Mueller himself should assign agents to look into the Clintons for "obstruction of justice" that way Trump nor the Reps. can accuse Mueller of being biased, but the chances for that happen is slim and none.

Meant to say....
Trump and the Reps. can't accuse Mueller of being biased, but the chances for that to happen is slim and none...:mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hillary is not President therefore currently she is accountable to no one Trump is, things are heating up again in my part of the world between you and North Korea, in case you aren't getting the same commentary we are, so you have more to worry IMHO with Trump threatening North Korea than about Hillary/the Clintons obstructing justice.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hillary is not President therefore currently she is accountable to no one Trump is, things are heating up again in my part of the world between you and North Korea, in case you aren't getting the same commentary we are, so you have more to worry IMHO with Trump threatening North Korea than about Hillary/the Clintons obstructing justice.

You will be killed by radiation poisoning? Too bad. We have to investigate Hillary's e-mails for the billionth time. It's our national pastime now instead of baseball. So sorry, mates!

Deb :wavey:

"Oh, but the e-mails!"

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where I live the strategists have suggested North Korea could hit us directly if they launch a long range missile. So no need to worry about the radiation.

Your warships have been in our waters doing "military exercises" for the last month or more (a US helicopter went down a couple of days ago) and 3 of your soldiers were killed accidentally, I think it's fair to say that there is currently a fair bit of tension and aggression from both sides - Hillary can't be blamed for that.

Honestly I wonder what historians will say 10, 20, 30, 50, 100 years from now about Trump - the period when Americans lost their way.....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you read that there was a pre-dawn raid by the FBI on Paul Manafort? Doing it pre-dawn is apparently a big deal. One needs special permission from the judge. And getting a warrant at all is not easy. Coincidentally, the day of the raid is the day Trump went wild tweeting against Sessions having recused himself!

"The Washington Post" broke the story...https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tory.html?tid=pm_pop_b&utm_term=.a4e25ec6e427

AGBF

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Don't you think Manafort would destroy any evidence?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Don't you think Manafort would destroy any evidence?

Obviously Mueller convinced a judge that he would! Otherwise Mueller wouldn't have gotten the warrant that he did.

Could some have been destroyed already? Of course. But the investigators will look for gaps where there should be data on computers and use the gaps to try to prove obstruction of justice. From what I gather, Manafort may not be the target of prosecution. He may be the person they want enough leverage on to flip.

Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deb. That makes sense.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are on the verge of a nuclear war and you bring up Hillary? SMDH

Yes, he is. And this is going to be my new response to him every time he does that. This was a wonderful graphic. Who first posted it here? (I got it from Dee*Jay.)

ForDancingFire.jpg

Deb

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect comeback Deb!!!!!

I just listened to the CBS nightly news where one of commenters just said how reckless Trump has been with his responses the past few days.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he is. And this is going to be my new response to him every time he does that. This was a wonderful graphic. Who first posted it here? (I got it from Dee*Jay.)

Deb

Deb, I found it on the magic internet the other night, but I'm sure its possible someone else has posted it here before too, although I don't remember seeing it. Then again I barely remember what I had for lunch today...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humm...:think:. Well Dems. what do you think? thanks for not replying...:mrgreen2:
This thread title should read "when are they going to investigate Mueller?"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...ump-that-these-fbi-officials-discuss-n2422146
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...ump-that-these-fbi-officials-discuss-n2422146

What is your point, Dancing Fire? I actually do not understand what you are trying to say with your posting. I know, of course, that the Republicans have attempted (very fatuously and with horrendously poor logic) to smear Mueller's investigation. [Their argument appears based on the notion that FBI agents cannot have political opinions, which, of course, is not so.] But I do not understand either what you wrote or the link you attached. (I did read it.) Please elucidate.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Unless he is reading a speech that someone else wrote, when I hear him speak I wonder how in the world he got to where he is.

Simple.
Too many American voters have become stupid.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your point, Dancing Fire? I actually do not understand what you are trying to say with your posting. I know, of course, that the Republicans have attempted (very fatuously and with horrendously poor logic) to smear Mueller's investigation. [Their argument appears based on the notion that FBI agents cannot have political opinions, which, of course, is not so.] But I do not understand either what you wrote or the link you attached. (I did read it.) Please elucidate.

All the investigators who are doing the investigating in this case are anti Trump.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the investigators who are doing the investigating in this case are anti Trump.

Their political views do not matter, as long as they do not allow their political opinions to bias their work, Dancing Fire. After all, we all have political opinions. It would be ludicrous to allow only fervent Trump supporters to investigate Trump. Former FBI Director James Comey was a Republican and so is Robert Mueller.

AGBF

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not worried about Trump getting rid of Mueller. That move would smack of so much desperation that only people who truly have their head up their ass would not come to a realization that Trump has something to hide. He will feel the consequences in the voting booth.

What I am worried about is what I’m seeing from certain members of Congress who are suggesting, if not outright accusing, that Mueller and the FBI are corrupt based on no proof of actual wrongdoing — based on nothing except having an opinion about Trump that happens to coincide with several of Trump’s cabinet members and advisors. (And if having a political opinion makes a person corrupt, how are we to take these congressmen’s obviously politically partisan calls for another special counsel?). They don’t even bother to give thought to the fact that the Strzok was removed from his position as soon as Mueller found out! These congressmen are no better @Dancing Fire and his delusions. It’s really dangerous when people who write laws, influence others, or affect lives are not operating in a fact-based world and are so willing to fool themselves or be fooled.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not worried about Trump getting rid of Mueller.

What I am worried about is what I’m seeing from certain members of Congress who are suggesting, if not outright accusing, that Mueller and the FBI are corrupt based on no proof...

I believe that these are one and the same, t-c. As Mueller has closed in on him with the investigation of collusion with Russia, Trump has become increasingly desperate and called upon his Republican allies to fight Mueller more forcefully. The increasing hostility of Republican members of Congress towards Mueller exists only if Trump asks for it and Congress thinks that he can deliver something to them. If Trump loses enough popularity-if Mueller gets too close-Trump will lose his power to deliver favors to members of Congress and they will desert Trump.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that these are one and the same, t-c. As Mueller has closed in on him with the investigation of collusion with Russia, Trump has become increasingly desperate and called upon his Republican allies to fight Mueller more forcefully. The increasing hostility of Republican members of Congress towards Mueller exists only if Trump asks for it and Congress thinks that he can deliver something to them. If Trump loses enough popularity-if Mueller gets too close-Trump will lose his power to deliver favors to members of Congress and they will desert Trump.

Which is just as bad, because this tells me that these congressmen have no guiding principles and merely operate on a transactional level. It means these guys could all be bought and have been bought. It means they are actively undermining (perhaps permanently) the people’s confidence in the FBI or Justice Department. They are smearing Mueller’s name and work with claims that they know damn well are false — for what? For another two years in office? They don’t deserve to be in Congress and I hope their constituents eventually realize that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results