shape
carat
color
clarity

The 5 pieces you would leave behind

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Someone in the Top 5 Jewelry Staples thread said we needed a thread on the five pieces we would leave behind. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/top-5-jewelry-staples.273705/page-2#post-5134488

So post away, and tell us why you’re still attached.

22E7CF5E-3C76-4364-900E-B3095C882416.jpeg

Top to bottom: Pink bead necklace —the kind of thing that fits nicely into my wardrobe enough that I wear it twice a year. Tahitian pearls of unknown genesis or quality or reality— they were my mom’s so maybe my daughter or potential daughters-in-law will want them. Unicorn bracelet — gift from my mom and I like unicorns so I must like this bracelet, right? Sun-moon-stars ring — I like the design and use the ring for stacking sometimes; it’s just that the melee is junk, but I’m not going to spend $$$ to replace it anytime soon. Green hexagon — love this ring from Amazon, and there was another one like it in a different color and slightly different design, so I ordered it, but they just sent me a second of the same ring, and I tried sending it back along with an ill-fitting shirt, but the whole package just got redelivered so I gave up.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone in the Top 5 Jewelry Staples thread said we needed a thread on the five pieces we would leave behind. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/top-5-jewelry-staples.273705/page-2#post-5134488

So post away, and tell us why you’re still attached.

22E7CF5E-3C76-4364-900E-B3095C882416.jpeg

Top to bottom: Pink bead necklace —the kind of thing that fits nicely into my wardrobe enough that I wear it twice a year. Tahitian pearls of unknown genesis or quality or reality— they were my mom’s so maybe my daughter or potential daughters-in-law will want them. Unicorn bracelet — gift from my mom and I like unicorns so I must like this bracelet, right? Sun-moon-stars ring — I like the design and use the ring for stacking sometimes; it’s just that the melee is junk, but I’m not going to spend $$$ to replace it anytime soon. Green hexagon — love this ring from Amazon, and there was another one like it in a different color and slightly different design, so I ordered it, but they just sent me a second of the same ring, and I tried sending it back along with an ill-fitting shirt, but the whole package just got redelivered so I gave up.

First off
boo hiss anazon

But what a great thread
I will have to give this much thought
like fun pieces
But just that
fun and occasionally useful
so we like them enough we still wear them occasionally but if push came to shove they would be sacrificed

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Righty-ho
Ive had a quick think
nothing i have been gifted or inherited
im terribly sentimental
Nothing i can fix or adapt or remake into something lovelly

Ok my 4 pairs of mall diamonds studs
ill keep the huggies though
the rest are too small or have thick horrible posts that hurt and make puss and are just generally unpleasent to wear (although i do have a future use for the diamonds out of the biggest pair)
So maybe thats just 3 pair
I do wear them, but i want better

hmmm
What else
My too dark too small red garnet earrings
I wear them in my top piercing

So that's 4 allready

My white freshwater pearls from the mall jewler
i do wear them, they are useful in the meantime, but realty nothing special and not big or white enough for what i brought them for

I might take pictures latter
I have a ring in mind im just not sure of

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kickin' stuff to the curb?

I have this vintage (50s-era?) ring that is a star sapphire in WG that I used to wear a lot. I developed a nickel allergy so I can no longer wear it. Re-mounting it in platinum is probably not the best use of funds. Neither is leaving it in the safe-deposit box but there it sits. First photo is about as good as it looks; generally a more translucent-y denim blue. The very back of the stone is nearly opaque. I think I need to consign it but big energy hill there, etc.

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.22.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.23.50 PM.png

These terrible studs that I got my spouse a hundred years ago (maybe 0.5 ct each?) but she still wears them often. They need to be cleaned but, even clean, they are pretty crummy. I knew nothing then and there was no report or even a third-party anything. Thank you, early internet! Snooty-sounding name and elegant font on the webpage? Must be a legit outfit! I have never louped them; I had no loupe then (or for a decade after) and have never had the stomach to since I learned a little. So when you ask, "Who in the world buys this crap?!?" the answer is not necessarily idiots but mostly the ignorant.

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.35.03 PM.png

And this one from way before I knew anything. "Late 20th Century" (one owner!) 14K hinged bangle that I bought in Bangkok for my future spouse (as a surprise). It was maybe $300 which I would like to say was "a lot of money back then" except it really wasn't. Probably twice that now! I am sure the emeralds are heavily treated. She has worn it a handful of times and swears that she loves it. But it's got some baggage. Pro tip: If you are going to surprise your long-term GF with a beautiful jewelry box after an extended trip overseas, it better have a ring in it and not a stupid bracelet. :mrgreen2:

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.35.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.36.52 PM.png

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

I have this vintage (50s-era?) ring that is a star sapphire in WG that I used to wear a lot. I developed a nickel allergy so I can no longer wear it. Re-mounting it in platinum is probably not the best use of funds. Neither is leaving it in the safe-deposit box but there it sits. First photo is about as good as it looks; generally a more translucent-y denim blue. The very back of the stone is nearly opaque. I think I need to consign it but big energy hill there, etc.

These terrible studs that I got my spouse a hundred years ago (maybe 0.5 ct each?) but she still wears them often. They need to be cleaned but, even clean, they are pretty crummy. I knew nothing then and there was no report or even a third-party anything. Thank you, early internet! Snooty-sounding name and elegant font on the webpage? Must be a legit outfit! I have never louped them; I had no loupe then (or for a decade after) and have never had the stomach to since I learned a little. So when you ask, "Who in the world buys this crap?!?" the answer is not necessarily idiots but mostly the ignorant.

And this one from way before I knew anything. "Late 20th Century" (one owner!) 14K hinged bangle that I bought in Bangkok for my future spouse (as a surprise). It was maybe $300 which I would like to say was "a lot of money back then" except it really wasn't. Probably twice that now! I am sure the emeralds are heavily treated. She has worn it a handful of times and swears that she loves it. But it's got some baggage. Pro tip: If you are going to surprise your long-term GF with a beautiful jewelry box after an extended trip overseas, it better have a ring in it and not a stupid bracelet. :mrgreen2:

OUCH!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

You know that's still very pretty
Do you have daughters ?
It has a charming family story
It deserves to have a couple more nights out a year ?

Your post makes me feel better about my past jewlery misadventures - it is a journey and we all get smarter and better at it

i like your ring too

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody? Nobody else? I thought this thread would fill up fast with the under-loved, the mistakes, the wished-for do-overs...? I feel so exposed now. This is like the PS Hundred Flowers Campaign :P2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nobody? Nobody else? I thought this thread would fill up fast with the under-loved, the mistakes, the wished-for do-overs...? I feel so exposed now. This is like the PS Hundred Flowers Campaign :P2

Ok ill take some pictures latter
i just gotta catch up on the cricket from over light (NZ are playing England at Lords and its a rollercoaster)
And then all the pictures from the platinum jubilee that also happened while i was in the land of nod

But don't say i didn't worn you ok :lol-2:

Calling Cinderella's ugly step sisters :lol-2:
Im going to make your emerald braclete look like a Dutchess :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ok
now everyone is asleep
ive given this considerable thought and some things got a reprieve and some things got thrown under the bus

Dang phone playing up

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I’d be sending my husband back for whatever I might list in this thread… So…

… Although that plan does have its demerits. I don’t really want to imagine what he’d do with instructions like “the gold studs with the pinkish-white pearls that look kinda blue in sunlight”.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now when I read this thread title I think of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." :oops2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t feel badly. I’ve bought jewelry just because I wanted to buy. Not really bad quality stuff. Just stuff I got bored of really quickly. I gifted some stuff and sold some at bargain basement prices so I don’t have to look at them. Lol!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok this is for @LilAlex .
Get your popcorn and watch a good train wreck

earings
I can't find the tiny morganite dangles, but they are very forgettable but when i find them ill show you

Earings to match rings
just dumb
i don't do matchy matchy
The white & black enganced diamond ring i like plus i got it on clearances but the earings not so
much- why would i buy enhanced black diamonds - sounds like coal !

The gold chain & dismond mealie also matches a fun ring but the earings just arnt as fun
20220612_202351.jpg
Too dark blue saphires (i may one day get new stones for both these pairs)

Attachments

• 20220612_202427.jpg
    20220612_202427.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220612_202320.jpg
    20220612_202320.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a name necklace made to order locally but the chain is so fine it breaks 20220612_202516_030.jpg
Oddly these are all index finger rings
My covid ring so called because i use it to remind myself not to touch my face
White saphires and a windowed peridot in silver in the exact same setting as my green saphire and diamond ring in white gold
20220612_202201.jpg

Why spend another $300 for an almost replica on something i had just spent 3k on ????

A what was i thinking ring
thankfully no matching earings
At least it has good finger coverage.
another dumb purchase
As i have something kinda similar but more tastful that i love (and then it got advertised on tv for $800 less) than i paid

Attachments

• 20220612_205236.jpg
    20220612_205236.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stupid fashion label Katen walker 20220612_202618.jpg roses earings and roses ring in silver and enamel - you need a microscope to know they are roses
Just like the clothes way too small
Very overpriced for what they are
i must give these away

Buh Runga (NZ singer/ celebrity just released a range of cadbury roses chocolate
20220612_202707.jpg silver peridot earings and brooches
Bad design, the earings tangle and the brooches are too small

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results