shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanksgiving Decorations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
We are hosting thanksgiving for the first time, and I love doing crafty projects (especially sewing!) so I am trying to find ways to decorate for thanksgiving or if anyone has any table setting pictures or inspiration to share. I don''t want to be too over the top, but I''d love for it to have a certain sophistication!

Any ideas?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Check out this link - it has links to TONS of DIY projects for Thanksgiving!

Yay!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Thank you MP! That''s definitely a start! I am so excited about hosting it, and I really want it to go well!! :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I like fall/harvesty wreaths! You can do fall leaves, red and yellow flowers, etc. I ended up doing a glass vase with red and rust colored flowers, and we have pumpkins out.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on the size of your table, vs. number of guests, you don''t want to over do the decorations...you''ll need room for the food!
18.gif
But I saw the cutest gourd vases on the cover of a Fall magazine! They chose different kinds of squash/pumpkins, various sizes and colors, cut the tops off and scraped them clean...added water and some large mums (cut the stems short)...they are super cute and really pretty!

Good luck!! I love hosting Thanksgiving dinner too!
21.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember one Thanksgiving at my grandparents'' house. Grandma took little baskets (about 2 inches tall) and put miniature silk leaves & berries in them. Each one got a cute little turkey shaped name card.
There were only about 20 of us there (and all family) so we didn''t really need the place cards, but so cute. I still have mine somewhere.

She took the same silk stuff (only regular size) and made a centerpiece out of it.

Grandma always loved holidays and did a great job decorating. Elegant yet cozy.
I miss her....
Sorry. Back to the decorations.

You could take some of the same silk leaves and make candle rings also. (be careful -- we always used holders designed with a dish to catch wax and put these UNDER so they wouldn''t catch fire)

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411, MC, Ara Ann and TooPatient -

Thank you so much for your ideas so far. I am definitely worried aobut going overkill as I want most of the table space for food (YUMMY). The gourd candles and silk leaves under candles sound really nice, I love what candlelight does to a room. The placecard idea is so cute. I think with my group that would be a little overkill, but I am thinking of making a little extra "goody" to set on each person''s plate as a little favor. I''m pretty sure I am going to keep it pretty simpe - and more autumn-y than thanksgiving-y. I love the reds, browns and golds that go with the season, so hopefully I can tastefully add these colors :) it''s goign to be 10-15 people, which isn''t a ton, but a lot for me. I''m used to 2, maybe 4 at the most! But I cannot wait! I love any excuse to craft, and I''m actually off to the store tonight to pick up some supplies I''ll need!! :)

Yay!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results