shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you PS and GOG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k10roxy

Rough_Rock
fellow lurker here, finally with a real good reason to post!!!

i want to start by thanking all you PSer''s for your knowledge and enthusiasm - i have been all over this site so many times and it has made my life (and eventually my BF''s) so much easier! i learned so much and will now be receiving a beautiful ring in the next few weeks!? months?!
2.gif

next, i want to thank GOG - this is an experience i will never forget!

first some background...my BF and i had been discussing getting engaged for some time - we have been saving for a house and i know it was killing him to dig into that money to come up with a ring; i on the other hand wanted to be reasonable because of our situation but still receive something lovely. i found this website and began my research and was happy to learn GOG came highly recommended and was right on LI where i live - it was then great to find out that Jon at GOG was an asscher expert - double score! an asscher had been my dream stone and i had been checking out their website on and off since december. I never thought i would find an asscher in our price range but sure enough just last week i came across a 0.51 ct asscher f vvs1 beauty - knowing this was hand picked by Jon, i knew it had to be something special.

perfect timing! my BF agreed to go diamond shopping finally and i knew he was nervous because he had no knowledge at all - he initially wanted to do this on his own but ultimately knew i needed to be there
2.gif
. i went ahead and emailed Jon about the asscher and he gave me the thumbs up on it - i said i would be in that week to see it for myself. glad we made the trip! when we first got to GOG and started browsing different settings and i could see my BF getting nervous and overwhlemed - then Jon came up to us, introducing himself, making us feel totally comfortable. He said Charlie would be out to show us the asscher.

this is when things went even better! first of all, this asscher brings plenty of punch! GOG sure knows how to pick ''em...my boyfriend was totally shocked at how it performed and i just really couldn''t stop smiling
9.gif
. Charlie was excellent and in noooooo way a pushy - he was absolutely wonderful to work with. he took time to explain why this asscher was so special. he was just as impressed with the asscher as we were and when i asked if a tiffany-style solitaire setting would be OK for it, he told us it was all that baby needed to really show off. we chose to set it in white gold after he gave us an idea of the difference between that and platinum and when he gave my BF the total price, my BF was happy to see my beautiful ring would not break the bank. we were so happy and giddy over the experience, it made our day real special and we couldn''t stop talking about it for the rest of the day.

we are already spreading the good word about GOG to our friends and family and i cannot wait to see what he does to propose...and my ring!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results