shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you! (Just purchased)

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I just wanted to thank the community for guiding me through the process and all the information that was shared on this forum. It has been my pleasure. Finally, after 2 years everything fell into place and I happy with my purchase from JA (from all the specs and pictures via internet). Hopefully it stays that way when I get the final product. Here are the pics and specs...

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.46
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 60.3%
Table: 57.7%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.36*7.40*4.44
Crown Angle: 34.0°
Crown %:
Pavilion Angle: 40.9°
Pavilion %:
1344172id.jpg 1344172hrt.jpg

TAL0865PIC.jpg

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful beautiful beautiful... congrats!

I'm in search for a similar diamond right now actually. I'm wondering... did you look at stones that were not H&A or AGS0? I'm in the process of looking at at least triple EX certified (GIA or AGS) round cut stones... but I haven't put an emphasis on H&A or AGS0. If it's Triple EX certified, does it really make a huge difference aesthetically?

I'm only asking because it sounds like you did quite an amount of research (2 years+ in fact).

Congratulations again!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its looks beautiful! I hope you stick around and share the information you learned with other people who are looking for beautiful diamonds like you were! You did a FABULOUS job! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
Anonymous6|1291322093|2785379 said:
Beautiful beautiful beautiful... congrats!

I'm in search for a similar diamond right now actually. I'm wondering... did you look at stones that were not H&A or AGS0? I'm in the process of looking at at least triple EX certified (GIA or AGS) round cut stones... but I haven't put an emphasis on H&A or AGS0. If it's Triple EX certified, does it really make a huge difference aesthetically?

I'm only asking because it sounds like you did quite an amount of research (2 years+ in fact).

Congratulations again!

After all the research it actually comes down to what you can live with. The most imporant thing to me was its brilliance and fire. I am not a professional so my eyes weren't too keen on finding subtle differences between various gradings. That is why I picked out certain ratings. However, even though my eyes couldn't tell certain differences I did have to make the decision on what I could except with my mind based on my current knowledge.
So, to answer your question I was only looking at these diamonds first H&A, AGS 0 and GIA ex. At this point I looked at the dimensions of the diamond along with ideal scope (which we are all fond of). After I found a couple stones I was actually partial to the AGS 0 depending on price differential (buffer of +/- 600 dollars) because of the desparity between GIA ex gradings.

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
AprilBaby|1291322298|2785383 said:
Congratulations! Its looks beautiful! I hope you stick around and share the information you learned with other people who are looking for beautiful diamonds like you were! You did a FABULOUS job! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you and I most certainly will.

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
I didn't really answer your question the first time but I only looked at stones which had an AGS or GIA cert.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a gorgeous stone - congrats!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! you must post pics of the finished product! :appl:

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pinoy, me again..... I'm doing intense research and finding myself EERILY close to your exact specs.

A few questions if you have a minute

I've noticed when I select a white flash ACA H&A diamond in I color... it is significantly less than one of H color (just one level up)

I'm looking at 1.5 carats I color SI1 clarity so long as its eye clear WF ACA H&A certified with an HCA score between 1-2... and when I do it in the I color, it's somewhere like $11,600-$12,600

When I do the same in an H color, it's somewhere like $13,000-$13,900

These prices are with the wire discount of course. So, I'm wondering... did you look at any ACA H&As with a H, G, or better color in comparison to the I you decided on?

I'm strongly leaning toward the I because Bob did say that their ACA H&As do are brilliant.... and will look just as white as colors that are above them for example...... but that price difference seems pretty significant to me, no?

It's creepy how similar our specs are... if I go in and see the I color ACA H&A compares just as strong to higher rated colors, the decision would be a lot easier.....

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
Anonymous6|1291357568|2786025 said:
Hi Pinoy, me again..... I'm doing intense research and finding myself EERILY close to your exact specs.

A few questions if you have a minute

I've noticed when I select a white flash ACA H&A diamond in I color... it is significantly less than one of H color (just one level up)

I'm looking at 1.5 carats I color SI1 clarity so long as its eye clear WF ACA H&A certified with an HCA score between 1-2... and when I do it in the I color, it's somewhere like $11,600-$12,600

When I do the same in an H color, it's somewhere like $13,000-$13,900

These prices are with the wire discount of course. So, I'm wondering... did you look at any ACA H&As with a H, G, or better color in comparison to the I you decided on?

I'm strongly leaning toward the I because Bob did say that their ACA H&As do are brilliant.... and will look just as white as colors that are above them for example...... but that price difference seems pretty significant to me, no?

It's creepy how similar our specs are... if I go in and see the I color ACA H&A compares just as strong to higher rated colors, the decision would be a lot easier.....

I did look at the other ratings. However, I was pushing the limits on pricing because I had a certain budget in which I was comfortable. To me I couldn't see the color difference between H and I so I was happy to give that criteria away for extra size. I was also considering doing the SI route to bump up my color rating but I didn't want to go crazy on a vendor making sure their difinition of eye clean was equal to mine.

Bob is correct when he told you about brilliance. If a diamond is full of life it can distract the viewer and make other criteria less critical. Also, when I was viewing diamonds I found (at least with me) that diamonds with a lot of life we actually dark that diamonds than diamonds that were lifeless.

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
Right now my dilemma is if I should go with an ACA H&A "I" color scoring 1.5 HCA

or go with a very good cut scoring 2-3 on the HCA but say, an F color.

I'm wondering how different the sparkle and shine would be of the two since one has the ACA H&A but the other is a huge jump in color grade. Will the F be noticeably whiter? Or will it not be impacted as much because of the ACA H&A... etc etc..

It's quite the dilemma that won't be resolved in my mind until I see both side by side in person ya know?

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
It's totally understandable. Just look at the stones and see whether or not it is worth the trade off. That is what it eventually comes down to.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
nice job! :love:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great choice! What are you thinking of for a setting? :appl:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful stone! :love:

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
Ha, pinoy, our timing and tastes in diamonds are so similar. You're out to a bit of a head start on me though :cheeky:

I, too, have yet to really solidify an idea on the proposal. I wish the 2 of you the best of luck and congratulations! :D

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone, woohoo! :love: :love:

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Magnificent!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results