shape
carat
color
clarity

ThaiGem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone purchased stones from Thaigem.com?
they have an amazing assortment and their prices seem to be ok, but I''ve never dealth with them, so...just looking for experiences or feedback!

Thank you!!

`bidden

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono - the link was super helpful!!

colorchange

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I once found on their site a interresting color change sapphire, the result was that :
- The sapphire was very very far from as nice as the photo (I could hardly understand how they produced the photo without a severe makeup)
- Once brought to the French Gemmological Laboratory it was glass filled.

I could get a refund of stone+shipping+certificate but it took me one month to get it.
Once they even answered that I asked them if it was diffused/coated but not wether it was glass filled and that I should have asked and that the color was natural.

I wouldn''t really advise them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
as in all things, you get what you pay for and if it seems to good to be true, then it is. having said that, i also don''t think thaigem is the same company it was perhaps 5 years ago..........in other words, better company and stones years back.

movie zombie

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returned one thing. But that's not all - my jeweler used them as supplier of inexpensive tidbits for a while, then had to drop the idea because the quality had become unbearable. On one higher ticket order he got burned too.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Last summer I bought a morganite described on their website as intense pink (and illustrated with an intense pink stone). The morganite I received from them was pale pink even by morganite standards.

I should have returned it, but wondered how safe it would be going from Canada to Thailand.

nicky newark

Rough_Rock
I made a few purchases several years ago. I bought Paraiba tourmaline that wasn't. Clean stones that were heavily included. Nicely photographed stones that were almost black in person. They use the same photo for many different stones. They are very deceptive and always had an excuse for the garbage they sell. I think Hellen Keller did all their cutting. I suggested to the customer service manager that they change their name to Thai-Junk. I believe that they were run out of town and now sell their crap using a stupid game. If anyone wants to see some of their product, I will be glad to scoop some out of my fishtank.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
In answer to your question, I have purchased from ThaiGem — about two years back. The stones were very well cut, very clean, and vivid in color. Unfortunately, I bought two of them to match and they did not (two of them were supposed to be Canary Zircon). One of them was so golden in color that it did not really match the picture at all. A few months ago, however, I ran across a trade article on the effects of X-ray machines and other package scanning devices, a particular problem for gemstones shipped internationally. Zircons were listed among those that can experience a color change as a result of exposure. I suspect that this may have happened. For the first week or two after I received my order, the color deepened even more (from a golden yellow to a peach, and from a lemon yellow on the other Zircon to a Canary color with green undertones). They are still beautiful stones with plenty of fire, but they look nothing like the color pictured. I can only attribute that to the effects of heat or irradiation. Regardless, most of these are normal colored gemstone treatments these days. If you plan to buy colored gemstones sight unseen — and especially if you expect to color match — consider buying in quanitity. (Many colored gemstones are comparatively cheap when buying online/overseas, which helps.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results