shape
carat
color
clarity

Terrible experience with Enhoerning Jewelry (Inken Krause)

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry you don't like the ring.

I do think that her embedded IG data could be confusing, but her full return policy is on her site. I have only ever bought one thing from her, so I have no loyalty/relationship with her. But, I would call her, if you have not. People are more reasonable by phone.

I would ask her if she can list it for you on her IG and site for sale, if she will not accept a return and then remit the proceeds to you. She has a larger reach.

This is her policy on her site:

Returns – Buy Without Risk
All orders – worldwide and within the US – come with a no-questions-asked 7 day return policy for unaltered, undamaged items. If you do not love your purchase, you have 7 days from the actual delivery date (not: date of purchase) to inform us about your desire to return and to receive a full refund.

You will then need to ship it back to us within 14 days from the delivery date. This does not mean that we must receive the item within these 14 days, but you will have to dispatch the package and supply us with the tracking number within this time frame.

We do not charge any restocking fees, you always receive a 100% refund of the amount you paid. We do not even deduct the shipping costs that we incurred for shipping to you. You only pay for return shipping to us.

All items are delivered with an information sheet on safe return shipping. We are able to assist with international return shipments on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire for more information.

The only exception to our return policy is jewelry custom made for you. Custom made jewelry is not returnable.

I don't know how a dispute would turn out, because her language on her site seems to support no returns. It's going to depend on how you paid and how buyer friendly the payment processor is.

I have to say I also don't like that the fact that language re: custom orders being an exception to the return policy is stated in the very last paragraph. I think that should have been embedded right up front "All orders – worldwide and within the US – come with a no-questions-asked 7 day return policy for unaltered, undamaged items - with the exception of custom orders which are not returnable."

I could easily see someone reading that first paragraph and not reading all the way to the end because they believe all orders are returnable.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you don't like the ring.

I do think that her embedded IG data could be confusing, but her full return policy is on her site. I have only ever bought one thing from her, so I have no loyalty/relationship with her. But, I would call her, if you have not. People are more reasonable by phone.

I would ask her if she can list it for you on her IG and site for sale, if she will not accept a return and then remit the proceeds to you. She has a larger reach.

This is her policy on her site:

Returns – Buy Without Risk
All orders – worldwide and within the US – come with a no-questions-asked 7 day return policy for unaltered, undamaged items. If you do not love your purchase, you have 7 days from the actual delivery date (not: date of purchase) to inform us about your desire to return and to receive a full refund.

You will then need to ship it back to us within 14 days from the delivery date. This does not mean that we must receive the item within these 14 days, but you will have to dispatch the package and supply us with the tracking number within this time frame.

We do not charge any restocking fees, you always receive a 100% refund of the amount you paid. We do not even deduct the shipping costs that we incurred for shipping to you. You only pay for return shipping to us.

All items are delivered with an information sheet on safe return shipping. We are able to assist with international return shipments on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire for more information.

The only exception to our return policy is jewelry custom made for you. Custom made jewelry is not returnable.

To the bolded- I've noticed the same refund policy for a ton of IG and Etsy sellers.
That return exception for custom made.
Turns out every item I've asked about, that they feature on their page, is "custom made".
It feels like they use that excuse so they won't have to refund regardless of what you purchase.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tone of email communications can often be misinterpreted. It's easy to come across as abrupt when not attended.

I agree with others that you might try to reach out in a more personal matter and despite your feelings right now, be congenial about wanting to work things out. Explain how you didn't question the return policy because you didn't buy with the intent to return and just took what was posted in her embedded signature at face value. Maybe it never occurred to her how it can be misleading.

I do agree that advertising a no-questions asked return policy and having the exception not clearly called or something you have to look for in the fine print can be misleading, even if not intentional. (Sadly, it seems to be common practice, I guess it's a lesson for all of us to ask for specifics including confirmation of return policies up front when buying).

Unfortunately, I disagree with the thought that this is not a custom made piece. While it was not a custom design, it was made for the OP. It wasn't premade and anything made specifically to meet a customer's needs/request can be considered custom-made in my opinion. A lot of vendors consider even the act of sizing as a customization.

So I can see things from both sides and hope you can work it out.

P.S. For what it's worth, I think it's very pretty! But I am not a green person so understand your disappointment.

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Inken/Enhoerning defender here. I have bought a handful of things from her over the past few years -- stones and vintage/estate jewelry. I learned about her from this forum. I think she fills a unique niche as a consumer/retail-accessible "broker" and "screener" with excellent access in NYC. She walks things over to AGL -- or did pre-COVID. And I think she emphasizes repeat business and growing her client base; if she's going to pore over a bunch of "new" sapphires, it is way more efficient to have multiple wish-lists in mind.

I do not know all the facts of this case. I saw and admired that ring. I don't think you can hand-forge that ring and source and GIA-batch-grade the stones for much less than you paid, even at the wholesale level. A good value does not mean that you like it -- I understand that.

I agree that there is some mixed-messaging about the returns, but if she told you "no returns on this item," I would expect that to be the policy. Period. REI has free returns on everything -- except when they don't. Many vendors have exceptions to their return rule for sale items, custom items, discontinued items, and so on. I would expect her to honor what she communicated with you about this item and not what you can dig up post hoc on a website.

Imo, the most distinctive thing about Inken is the precision of her communication. If she shows me photos of a sapphire with a GRS "royal blue," she will point out that probably no one else would call this a royal blue but GRS does/did and do not expect a "textbook" royal blue, etc. I am sure she speaks many languages but her written English is better than mine.

I do not think she is "scammy" at all. I think she has to be among the least scammy IG vendors out there -- I always get a balanced opinion from her. "You will like this [hue/tone] but you might not like this [clarity/condition issue]." Her IG photos are among the most conservative out there, imo. I know because I can still see the photos of a few things I own. We have disagreed on plenty of things (Too dark! Too light!) -- but not about money, about returns, or about how she has represented what she is selling.

newdiamondworld

Rough_Rock
Inken/Enhoerning defender here. I have bought a handful of things from her over the past few years -- stones and vintage/estate jewelry. I learned about her from this forum. I think she fills a unique niche as a consumer/retail-accessible "broker" and "screener" with excellent access in NYC. She walks things over to AGL -- or did pre-COVID. And I think she emphasizes repeat business and growing her client base; if she's going to pore over a bunch of "new" sapphires, it is way more efficient to have multiple wish-lists in mind.

I do not know all the facts of this case. I saw and admired that ring. I don't think you can hand-forge that ring and source and GIA-batch-grade the stones for much less than you paid, even at the wholesale level. A good value does not mean that you like it -- I understand that.

I agree that there is some mixed-messaging about the returns, but if she told you "no returns on this item," I would expect that to be the policy. Period. REI has free returns on everything -- except when they don't. Many vendors have exceptions to their return rule for sale items, custom items, discontinued items, and so on. I would expect her to honor what she communicated with you about this item and not what you can dig up post hoc on a website.

Imo, the most distinctive thing about Inken is the precision of her communication. If she shows me photos of a sapphire with a GRS "royal blue," she will point out that probably no one else would call this a royal blue but GRS does/did and do not expect a "textbook" royal blue, etc. I am sure she speaks many languages but her written English is better than mine.

I do not think she is "scammy" at all. I think she has to be among the least scammy IG vendors out there -- I always get a balanced opinion from her. "You will like this [hue/tone] but you might not like this [clarity/condition issue]." Her IG photos are among the most conservative out there, imo. I know because I can still see the photos of a few things I own. We have disagreed on plenty of things (Too dark! Too light!) -- but not about money, about returns, or about how she has represented what she is selling.

I'm very happy for you for having had positive experiences with her... I wasn't so fortunate. I found her through Instagram and the only reason I felt comfortable ordering without seeing the ring was that little line in her instagram post for that specific design "7 day no questions asked return policy".
I did not go through her site looking for her terms and conditions. It was clearly a mistake, I should have just asked her... I didn't because I foolishly assumed her Instagram message was accurate and that it actually applied to the ring that was being sold to me.
Additionally, since I did not get to choose the design or the stones I didn't even think of that ring as "custom". I never order anything I cannot return, unless it's made to my specs (custom). Her message reads "we make this ring in this style only, as shown".
I did ask her to make a small change and she refused so nothing was custom about that project.
The ring is more than 50% green, I counted every stone. It was advertised as "multistone" so I guess it was foolish of me to assume that the colors would be evenly distributed. It could have been worse and she could have made it 70% green, right?

If you order something and it doesn't look good in real life should you just throw it in your jewelry box and forget that you ever spent that money because some vendor clearly took advantage of you?

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm very happy for you for having had positive experiences with her... I wasn't so fortunate.

I hear you. I did not mean to minimize your bad experience.

It seems totally out of character for her (in my experience, starting with an initial purchase similar to yours) and for what I infer to be her business model. I think of rings like that being "gateway" purchases for her services.

I am not a professional Inken advocate. I have bought a lot of modest things from a lot of vendors whose names pop up on this forum -- and most have been disappointing. I have never called out those vendors by name here but I have not bought from them again. For the three I know and have learned to trust, I have mentioned them by name here at least a handful of times -- and generally in response to "Has anyone ever...?" questions from other posters.

newdiamondworld

Rough_Rock
I hear you. I did not mean to minimize your bad experience.

It seems totally out of character for her (in my experience, starting with an initial purchase similar to yours) and for what I infer to be her business model. I think of rings like that being "gateway" purchases for her services.

I am not a professional Inken advocate. I have bought a lot of modest things from a lot of vendors whose names pop up on this forum -- and most have been disappointing. I have never called out those vendors by name here but I have not bought from them again. For the three I know and have learned to trust, I have mentioned them by name here at least a handful of times -- and generally in response to "Has anyone ever...?" questions from other posters.

She is a professional vendor, not some occasional seller on loupe troop... she clearly understands that her actions lead to her customers confusion. She never admitted that she might have been wrong in this situation and never offered to help rectify the situation by remaking the ring. Instead she blamed me for being confused which in my eyes is unacceptable

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
OP, it is not your fault at all for not asking questions. The terms were specified in the post---no questions asked 7 day returns. There is nothing in the "special offer" post to support the vendor's position.

I have seen many references to this vendor on PS & people typically love her work. Hopefully, this thread might call attention to this situation and prompt the vendor to act with an appropriate level of professionalism.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged! - 12/03
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29