shape
carat
color
clarity

Tentative ring advice

phantom10905

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm a newbie who spent the last 2 weeks learning from this super-useful forum and other resources like niceice, etc. I tentatively picked out this ring from BN.

https://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/diamond-details/LD15151446?offerId=46753

The numbers seem fine, there are no visible obstructions, the arrows are maybe a little thick (says the lower facet lengths are 75, but possibly rounded up from 73) but I don't mind that too much -- I watched the goodoldgold video about the effects this has. HCA score of 0.9.

I am kind of limited to BN because I'm in Europe and so have a preference for a warehouse in Europe and a good return/exchange/resize policy. But of course this means that there are no images except the 360 view. I was hoping that some of you with more experience could tell me if you can see any red flags which would make you cancel this order.

Thanks a lot!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did great and the stone is beautiful! I'm one of the people who prefers "fat" arrows, so I think that's a bonus haha.

Edit. I think you could safely go down to VS2 or even SI1 clarity if you wanted to potentially get slightly more size. But again I like the diamond you picked a lot in terms of cut

phantom10905

Rough_Rock
I think you did great and the stone is beautiful! I'm one of the people who prefers "fat" arrows, so I think that's a bonus haha.

Edit. I think you could safely go down to VS2 or even SI1 clarity if you wanted to potentially get slightly more size. But again I like the diamond you picked a lot in terms of cut

Thanks for a second set of eyes, lovedogs! I agree that VS2 would have been fine, but there weren't any that I liked when I made the purchase. And changing now won't save any money - the prices look to be going up with Valentine's day approaching :)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.