shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell us about your pets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seems like most of us here on PS have pets. I''ve seen threads on turtles, cats, dogs, fish, birds and probably a few others along the way.

Just thought it''d be fun to combine so we can all share our little babies.

Tell us about what kinds of pets you have, their names, ages, and any other fun details (like if you have a cat who plays fetch with q-tips - which is what one of mine does!).

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
I love my furry kids.
First up is Jazzi. I got Jazzi when I was a kid and when I went to college, I couldn''t take her because I was in a dorm and she was happy with my parents and their dogs. Haha. She will turn 16 later this month and is the most awesome cat ever. I can''t believe I was a kid when I got JoJo and now I''m married and pregnant and she''s still kicking. She used to really love playing in the Christmas wrapping, but as she got older, she couldn''t be bothered. So now we just put it on her head. She looks so sarcastic in this picture. I love it :)

screwchristmassayslejo.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
In my avatar is Shannon. She, along with Brooklyn and Ava, live with me and DH. She is a super-social cat. She loves salt and is always trying to get into my snacks when I''m eating. She''s an oriental tabby mix and is the softest cat I''ve ever felt. Here she is asleep.

sleepy shanoo.JPG

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
AHHH, that was huge. But she''s beautiful. So, what the heck.

Next is Ava. She is completely anti-social. She only likes to be touched on her own terms. Haha. She is my little companion though and she snuggles me all day. But if someone comes in the room, she jumps off like "what?! no I wasn''t snuggling!"

ava niehtxob.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
our amazon blue front name "sunshine"

DSCN2819-1.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
And finally we have Brooklyn. I love this beast. He is a really tall, large oriental/havannah brown mix and is super vocal. I have a real soft spot for black cats (I think that comes from Jazzi being so awesome when I was a kid).

He has a screw in his knee and has a few medical issues. He was in foster care for three years and he loves us so much. I think he is eternally grateful that we adopted him. He meows a lot, sits on our laps 24/7, and follows us around the house non-stop. He''s a sweet, loving boy.

I blocked out his tag because you could see my number.

my lovely mani.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This is my pride and joy, Mr. Morton (Morty). My sweet DH (then boyfriend) asked me what I wanted for my 22nd birthday, and after falling in love with his mom''s cats over Christmas, I said I wanted a kitty to keep me company in grad school. Because DH couldn''t adopt a kitten for me since he was living out of state (four hours away) and in a college rental (and technically, so was I, although I moved to a pet-friendly apt a few weeks later), he asked his mom and sister to go to their local shelter and adopt a cat for me. When they got there, there was only one litter of kittens - all black. My SIL called me as they were leaving and she said "I''m sorry, but there wasn''t a cat that was orange or tuxedo." I asked if there were any kittens that were cute in the litter, and she said "Well, there was this one..." and I practically yelled "GO BACK!!" so they chose Morty because he was fluffy and not as vocal as his brothers. This was the day before my birthday, a Tuesday. DH wasn''t coming until Friday because he had classes. So, on my birthday, Wednesday, I went out to dinner with my friends, and we were sitting in my living room when all of a sudden there was a knock on the door. Standing there was DH holding a kitty carrier - he''d blown off 3 days of class because he wanted to surprise me. I hugged and kissed DH first and then he opened the door to the carrier. Out bounded a very small Morty and it was love at first sight.

So, Morty means a lot to me. He''s now 4 years old. Here he is helping DH and me tear out carpet from our guest room.

ElmortonMorty.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww black cat love :) He''s so cute!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And after a year and a half, we were newly engaged and realized that Morty needed a friend. I didn't like the idea of having 2 cats in a 1-bedroom apartment, so this kitty would be a gift to DH from me and live with DH (who was now living only 45 mins away) and travel to my place with him on my days off (because Morty traveled with me on weekends).

We went to the shelter, and there was only one kitten - so cute, but seemed really frail. We wanted a kitten who could hold is own against Morty. Later that same day, DH stopped to get his oil changed. My vet was next door and there was a sign that said "We have kittens!!" - because the shelters are typically full, the vet had a kitten adoption program (fee the same as the HS as not to compete). When I walked in, I immediately saw Elmo - he was attacking all the other cats (presumably his litter mates) in the cage. He was tiny, but tough. I hadn't even inquired about him when I called DH and said "You have to get over here!! I found our cat!!" The people in the waiting room must have thought I was nuts. When we went into a room to get to know him, Elmo started tearing into everything - cotton balls, paper towels, anything that was on the counter. The people at the clinic tried to show us other cute kittens they had in the back, but we kept on saying "No, no, we like this one."

Elmo (formally Uncle Elmo, after the imaginary, crazed uncle that lived in DH's grandparents basement, according to myth that DH's real uncle tried to perpetuate when DH and his sibs were little), is was the perfect fit for our family. After just a few hours, Morty was snuggling up with him, and DH became very bonded with him, too. Elmo completes us - he's now 3. Here he is:

elmortonelmo.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Cello, I love your black kitties, too!!! Brooklyn has a gorgeous face.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe. Thanks. He''s a pretty handsome fella, I''d have to agree. :)

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock
Aw. I miss having a kitty around! My DH got me a puppy last month when I finally joined him overseas in Korea. Here''s Anubis, our purebred Jindo puppy. This picture is when we first got him at two months old...

Anubisnewpup1.JPG

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock
And here we are again, one month later! He''s getting so big! Just like my daughter, they grow up too fast!

Anubisolderpup.JPG

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moley!! Everyone''s pets are soooooooo cute!!!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have pics to post because I am at work and I don''t have them on this computer. I am sure that they are somewhere around PS though.

I have Pete. He is huge and orange. I rescued him from freezing to death. He could not even meow he was so close to death. He is very independant. He only will allow petting if he initiates it.

I thought it was mean that we left him alone all day so I got him a friend.

Her name was supposed to be Fern, but somehow Kitty became her name. I think she is slightly retarded. She was a rescue too. Her always are almost always half way closed and she acts erratic. Doesn''t have very good balance, which is saying alot for a cat. We love her just the same. She is very lovey. She always wants to be petted or held all the time. DH says that he knows when I pull in because she starts crying for me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the animal threads! I''ll take pictures of our weirdos tomorrow to post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results