shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me that I haven't lost my mind and

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
I can make this into a ring without taking the entire thing apart. It's currently a brooch and the sapphire is a little over 1 ct. I like the color, I don't know if it's considered good.

Screenshot_20230604_182804_eBay.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604_182821_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_182821_eBay.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 12

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty! Can you show the whole item?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can make this into a ring without taking the entire thing apart

I would think so; with enough time and money, you can make almost anything into anything. But I bet you could attach a shank to that 3-stone element. It may not curve the way you would want in a ring. Worst case, you just mount it on a flat "pedestal" on a shank.

Phone photos really flatter sapphire blues. That said, i think it's a gorgeous color.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 , yep. It's not here yet. These are the vendor pics Screenshot_20230604_183945_eBay.jpg

I can see why you want to make a ring out of it!
I think any competent jeweler could do this. ....but some might not want to.
Of course, they'll try to sell you a whole new shank. Making that bar part into a shank might not work so well.
The stones would have to be removed, the middle section cut from the bar, and.....well....... you see the problem.
You'd probably be advised to use the stones to create a whole new ring.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I should think it would be a very manageable job to snip the ends off and add a shank to that. No worries. Just make sure you go to a good bench.

danielle622

Rough_Rock
I can make this into a ring without taking the entire thing apart. It's currently a brooch and the sapphire is a little over 1 ct. I like the color, I don't know if it's considered good.

Screenshot_20230604_182804_eBay.jpg

You can definitely make this into a ring by simply taking off the metal on each size and replacing it with a shank. The stones look nice, but there is a lot of metal work. For example the bezels in which the diamonds are set show a lot of metal to diamond ratio. Similarly the under-gallery shows a lot of metal. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is a matter of preference. So if you don't mind that, this could make a beautiful ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results