shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your Lotus rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been thinking of getting a lotus ring from Sally on Etsy. However, the lowest that she can set the stone is 8mm, and that sounds awfully high. So I was wondering if all of those lovely PSers that had lotus rings could chime in on how it feels on the hand, especially if you are one who doesn''t wear very tall rings. Thanks!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have the same question! Anyone?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mine, but my stone was only 5mm so it isn''t very high. It''s lower than my Ering in fact, lol.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ahh thanks!

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi ! I have several lotuses, and find them to be really, really comfortable. My smallest stone is 4mm, so the ring sits about 6mm high - the larger ones are about 8mm high to the top of the stone. I think the height depends somewhat on the stone, and also on whether it''s a cab or faceted stone. I wasn''t used to wearing "higher" rings myself, I wore a lot of bands, but honestly, 8mm isn''t actually all that high, these don''t feel really high to me at all - I got used to it quickly! I never find myself knocking it around or anything. Now, it''s not a band or a low setting, of course, but the height isn''t extreme. I love everything about the lotus rings - go for it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Do you have the cabs or faceted ones?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hold on, Esmee! You have several lotuses and haven't given us any eye candy yet? What's the deal? We need an Esmee Lotus Thread!!!
3.gif

ETA: To answer the original question, I haven't received my lotus yet, but as I only have a 4mm stone, I believe it will sit quite low. If you're looking to make a lower-set lotus, I would try using a smaller stone if you have one (and set your larger stone in a different way). I actually think the lotus setting looks best with a smallish stone (5-6mm) anyway.

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock

I have both cabs and faceted - the rounded-top cabs sit up slightly higher than the facted stones, maybe a mm or so, it all depends on the size of your stone, although I'd definitely check out Sally's pictures, and her lovely stones. I agree with Jstarfireb, if you're very concerned about the height, I'd go with a smaller stone, a larger one is going to be a tad higher. Then work up!

If you haven't already, you might want to check out Girl Cellist's thread on her gorgeous moonstone - pages 2 and 3 have lots of handshots. I have this one too, and I think the stone is about 6.5mm, the ring sits right about 8mm high - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/moonstone-e-ring-and-band-set.101388/

Jstarfireb -haha! Ok, I'll see if I can get the camera out this weekend, lotus eye candy coming up
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
My mum seems to have had no issues with wearing hers, and before
this she had no gemstone or RHR''s (so wasn''t used to them).
for the record, hers is with a faceted gem.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
I have a ruby cab lotus ring and I love it! Honestly it is so light and delicate that most days I forget that it''s there. Her work is sturdy though, and I have given it several knocks and the ring has held up wonderfully. My only piece of advice is to size it a little smaller than your usual ring size. Since her bands are so thin, usually a little over 1 mm, they tend to be looser and the top heavy ring sliding and rolling on you finger might bother you. If you size it a tad smaller though it will be perfect. Defintiel y go for the loutus the setting is just magic and Sally is so professional and wonderful to work with. I can''t recommend her enough!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results