shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your chi''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I adopted a chihuahua cross (not sure what she''s mixed with, but she is a bit bigger than most chis I''ve seen, and she has quite a stumpy body). I''ve only ever had big dogs before, but I''ve fallen in love with this sweet little girl. Initially we had some health issues with her (this is her third home and I think this may be why). She had colitis a couple times, but I think I have gotten that under control with antibiotics initially and a high quality dog food that she eats alongside the food I make her at home. I think she has a tendency to eat too much, so I have to be careful of her weight. She is also extremely nervous about new situations. She loves people, but other animals frighten her out of her wits until she gets to know them. We have been taking her to the dog park a lot to combat that, but she really hates it. The other day she got so scared when a little maltese ran up to say hello that she bolted and we chased her around trying to catch her for 20 minutes lol. Apart from that, she isn''t spayed yet, but I plan to do that very soon. She has already been bred once at 1 years old.
I would be interested to know what your chihuahuas are like, and any tips for first-time chi owners would be appreciated ! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results