shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk to me about necklace extenders

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How useful do you find them? Do you buy an extender for a specific length? Or do you buy a bracelet that can double as a necklace extender?

I have an idea in my head that I’m hesitant to share because I think most people will say I’m crazy. Essentially, I would order a 7” bracelet but have two clasps put on it (so there would be two 3.5” sections put together). The clasps would be the same size as the one on my necklace so I could then extend the necklace 3.5”, 7”, or wear it as is (16”) along with the bracelet. Again, I know some people might cringe at having two clasps but I’m thinking it might be very useful. And, if worse comes to worse, I could always have them restring it replacing the clasp with a pearl, right?! =)2

Insight? Experience? Opinions? Thanks in advance! :kiss2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
some of the clasps for pearls are very pretty/decorative, i think that could look quite nice and the versatility would be worth dealing with occasional confused look about the extra clasp in any case. :lol:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No experience, but I think it’s a super idea! There are beautiful clasps, which even can enhance a strand of pearls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How useful do you find them? Do you buy an extender for a specific length?

I have one that I use with my 32 or 34" DBTY (lol cannot remember the length) to make it a few inches longer (I think it is 3" long) depending on what the neckline of I am wearing. I find it very useful and I wear the extender in the back so you don't see it. It's at the beach house or I would snap a pic for you. I don't remember where I got it but I want to say Etsy. It's white gold like my DBTY and is a similar chain. I love it.

It makes your necklace even more versatile and I think it would work with the right bracelet too though I have no personal experience with using it for a bracelet.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like shortish extenders-- not bracelet length, as that would make the clasps visible on either side of my neck when viewed from the front. I make my own. Just use a clasp like the one on your necklace, so necklace and extender interconnect.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two baroque pearl bracelets with magnet clasps. They can hook together to fit my neck (about 15"). The magnets are cz covered orbs. It's pretty cool and works great for a choker!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva, @dkata, @missy, @pearlsngems, and @ceg - Thanks for your feedback =)2. I talked things over with Leon today and he's excited to give this a try. He's never done anything like this before but thinks it could be a pretty neat solution for what I'm wanting to do. So, the order is in and I'll hopefully have something in hand by the end of next week! It'll be two 3.5" extenders that can connect with themselves as well as my existing necklace. It's up in the air whether it will be a graduated 9-10mm strand or all 10mm; I'm leaving it up to Leon's discretion which he thinks would look better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results