shape
carat
color
clarity

talk me into or out of a lightbox pendant

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got an OEC (approx I color) for a pendant that I'll be setting in platinum, and I want to do a set of layered pendants... I keep looking at the 1 ct pink round lightbox pendant. I have had it in my cart ready to buy multiple times then keep backing off. I missed out on the pink baguette pendant and then the white baguette pendant because I was doing the same thing. But yet I can't push myself to just buy it!

So please help me and talk me into or out of it. Suggestions for other things instead are welcome.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a vibrant pink or a pastel pink? Do you get a choice? Would you mind which if it's random?

The LB diamonds seem to be cut reasonably well, or at least the ones tested so far seem to be, but not 'superideal' in terms of light return, but then coloured diamonds are generally designed to show colour rather than be bright :)

Is there a returns period? If so, get it bought and check it out - you won't know for sure until you do!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
You can return it and all you lose is the $15 shipping. If you regret missing out on the other ones I'd just go ahead and order it and decide when you have it.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the half carat pink one over the summer for a friend. It definitely is more on the ’orangey’ side. I also have a morganite ring and I thought they would be similar in color until I put them side by side. I would consider my morganite peachy/orange and the Lightbox pink to be pinky/orange, if that makes sense. I wish it has been a lighter pink but the color does goes well with the rose gold chain. It seemed to be well cut. It might look a little lighter in a full carat.
709BD6C9-38A0-4E6E-9E09-39B7FA94EC0C.jpeg
74C9399D-F15F-4EE6-AC86-6F67D11E2733.jpeg
30751A48-FB46-4AED-B976-FB3F39B52C5E.jpeg

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the half carat pink one over the summer for a friend. It definitely is more on the ’orangey’ side. I also have a morganite ring and I thought they would be similar in color until I put them side by side. I would consider my morganite peachy/orange and the Lightbox pink to be pinky/orange, if that makes sense. I wish it has been a lighter pink but the color does goes well with the rose gold chain. It seemed to be well cut. It might look a little lighter in a full carat.

Omg I love those colors together.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
What's your vision for the layered pendants? The pink solitaire looks really nice, love the color and sparkle. I say, do it!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a vibrant pink or a pastel pink? Do you get a choice? Would you mind which if it's random?

The LB diamonds seem to be cut reasonably well, or at least the ones tested so far seem to be, but not 'superideal' in terms of light return, but then coloured diamonds are generally designed to show colour rather than be bright :)

Is there a returns period? If so, get it bought and check it out - you won't know for sure until you do!

I have no idea on the exact color - it's this one:

There IS a return period so I can definitely try it out I'm just... gun-shy

Ahhhh yes that one to me is basically the PERFECT color. I think I may have seen it in the lightbox SMTB thread and that was what kicked off the desire for one?

What's your vision for the layered pendants? The pink solitaire looks really nice, love the color and sparkle. I say, do it!

My vision is one in platinum, one in rose gold, and one in yellow gold, lol. I'd like a long step cut to set horizontally. No real plans other than I've got too many rings so I ought to start getting jewelry that's not rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results