shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking pictures of your ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Any tips on how to take a good ring picture? I have been trying for 2 days and can''t get a pic that isn''t blurry, or too dark, or too white. I have tried with flash, without flash, museum flash, with zoom, without zoom, bright light, low light, fireplace light, and even with Christmas tree light (which was the best - but still bad).

I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P10, 5.0 megapixel, digital camera, so it isn''t a cheapie digital but not a real expensive one either - just a mid-range camera. I have taken tons of vacation pictures with this camera and they have all turned out fantastic, indoors and outdoors. Is it because of the sparkle off the diamonds or something else I am overlooking?

Please help. I would love to post a pic of my new ring.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have a Canon S400 and a Sony P72... The Sony one cannot take macro shots at all. I have tried everything as well and it just doesn''t work. They just have a weak macro function.
8.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Funny thing is that I can take close-ups of flowers and other objects with the macro function...just not my diamond.
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results