shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking a poll on this 5 stone, 1 ctw band...

Does this work with my solitaire and/or as a RHR?

• Works with both

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Works as a RHR, but overpowers the solitaire

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Works with the solitaire, but not as a RHR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning, PSers! Looking for thoughts and opinions on this 1 ctw 5 stone band from IDJ (who have been fantastic, BTW!) with my 1.85 ct solitaire. This band would not be for everyday wear with my solitaire, but for more blingy occasions or as a RHR on its own. The most important thing for me is that the band (w/approx. .20 ct stones) doesn't overpower my solitaire. Since my solitaire sits fairly low, I will probably need to add a 1.5-2 mm spacer. Note: My finger size (for reference) is an absolute disaster...my chunky knuckle is a solid 6 and the base of my finger ranges from 5.25-5.75 depending on band width. Looking forward to seeing your opinions. Thanks!

IDJBandA.jpg IDJBandB.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fabulous with your ering and in your rh. I love this look and don’t think it subtracts at all from your solitaire

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great on your hand!

I have a similar but slightly different combination, a 1.84ct solitaire and a 1tcw 7 stone, and I love how the two rings look together.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t think it takes away from your solitaire at all..I think it looks gorgeous together!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think it competes with the solitaire diamond, but it definitely dwarfs the shank of the e-ring, in my opinion. So for that reason, I don't love it with your solitaire. I think if you had a pretty carved band or other stacker (around 2-2.5mm width) between the e-ring and the 5-stone instead of a narrow spacer, it would give some weight back to the look and would really bring it all together. The 5-stone is gorgeous and looks fantastic as a standalone, too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful and is gorgeous as a stand alone RHR. That said, there's just something about the proportions that bothers me when it is with your solitaire.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I think it looks great as a RHR and certainly wearable - tho perhaps a little large - with your solitaire. Not horrible, tho, and could definitely be worn that way if you felt like it.

Congratulations - a lovely set!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, all! Seems the general consensus at the moment is that the band is a keeper for use as a RHR, but the decision is pretty split on if it works well with my solitaire. I'm still deciding, so keep the comments coming.

Looks great on your hand!

I have a similar but slightly different combination, a 1.84ct solitaire and a 1tcw 7 stone, and I love how the two rings look together.

Thank you, @mochiko42 ! Do you mind sharing a pic of your set? I really like the look of the larger diamonds in the 5 Stone (especially for secondary use as a RHR), but if I decide against it I am going to try a 7 Stone 1ctw to see if those proportions look better with my solitaire.

I don't think it competes with the solitaire diamond, but it definitely dwarfs the shank of the e-ring, in my opinion. So for that reason, I don't love it with your solitaire. I think if you had a pretty carved band or other stacker (around 2-2.5mm width) between the e-ring and the 5-stone instead of a narrow spacer, it would give some weight back to the look and would really bring it all together. The 5-stone is gorgeous and looks fantastic as a standalone, too.

Thanks, @natasha-cupcake ! The shank on my solitaire is 1.8 mm with a knife edge, so pretty thin. And it is also a pretty low setting, so I would definitely add a plain band of around 2 mm in between. Could try a carved band too, but don't want it to be too busy with the 5 Stone band.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it both ways :appl:. If it was an "every day" for the left hand then I might reconsider, but using it for blingy occasions is just perfect IMO. And you can rock it on the right hand all day any day :dance:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it both ways and think it will look great with a spacer as well.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kaycee2018

Here you go. The diamonds in the 7 stone ring are about 3.1 mm. The 1.84ct is 7.87mm.

20180127_105159.jpg

20180127_125311.jpg

Thanks so much @mochiko42 ! Your set is beautiful! :appl: I really like the look of the 7 stone too. Our solitaires are practically twins...mine is 7.87mm as well and it looks like you have a very thin shank too. You clearly have great taste :wink2:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did not answer the poll because I am torn. You made the poll too hard. ;-) I feel that it is ok with the engagement ring for now and then. If you had said that you were going to wear it that way every day, I would have voted against it and for a smaller band. I absolutely love it as a right hand ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous as a RHR!
As for the combo with your soli, I feel that it will not work as an everyday combination as the shank of your solitaire is so thin.
It does work for @mochiko: the balance is different because hers is a 7-stone?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you need two - one for each side - for balance or a spare or for ......

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, my favourite combination. I think the size is ok with your er, although I like it as Rhr as well.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it with both...I have a similar set...1 ct princess cut and .75 round 5 stone...I love the look

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to pop in with an update. After careful consideration, we decided against the 5 stone 1 ctw band and are looking into a 9 or 11 stone band with .10-.12 ct diamonds so as not to overpower my solitaire. Though I was leaning towards it being a keeper, DH much prefers the look of a band with smaller diamonds. Thanks for all your input!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I think this is going to look great! Come back with pics!

LoveWins

Rough_Rock
Love the idea of both rings but I’m a sucker for bling!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to pop in with an update. After careful consideration, we decided against the 5 stone 1 ctw band and are looking into a 9 or 11 stone band with .10-.12 ct diamonds so as not to overpower my solitaire. Though I was leaning towards it being a keeper, DH much prefers the look of a band with smaller diamonds. Thanks for all your input!

I think this is a great option and they will look beautiful together. Cannot wait to see your solitaire with the smaller size diamond band. .1-.12 stones are the perfect size I think to go well with your beautiful solitaire. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results