shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi Purchase Experience

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pearl strand is WOW! :kiss2: I am extremely happy with it! The color is perfect, with a pinkish tint. They have a nice luster; not the very best, but perfect for me and I love the look! They match so well in size and color, and are very clean. I'll have them restrung - I like knots. My happy surprise was the clasp - I really like it!

I couldn't get a good photo of just the strand. The cat wanted to play with it. He's a brat. The one photo is after he made another mess, so forgive the dust and fur. I couldn't get a good angle without a phone shadow, so they look graduated. They are definitely much better than the photos!

BTW, I messaged them that I received the pearls, etc. I received a reply from Kan. Who is that?

IMG_5719.jpeg

I wanted to compare them to a strand I had a friend by for me in Japan 30+ years ago. They aren't the best, but it's what I could afford. I wore them almost daily for years! My new ones have much better luster! The new strand measures 8-8.5mm and this shows the pink compared to white.

I'm already making a list for my next purchase. :twisted2:

IMG_5733.jpeg
1644357447247.png

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can anyone recommend a pearl stringer? There's no way I'm trying it myself. TIA!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In which country are you?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Pearlescence I'm in the US. I'd imagine there are a few to choose from in Los Angeles. I could ask Pearl Paradise about it. What's a reasonable price?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone recommend a pearl stringer? There's no way I'm trying it myself. TIA!

Pearl Paradise will string. Pattye (PatriciaSaabDesigns on Etsy) will also string. My experience is that Pearl Paradise’s knots are smaller but the stringing needs to be redone more often as the thread loosens. Pattye’s knots are bigger but I won’t need to restring my strand from her until the gimp wears out.
Your local jeweller probably also has a stringer!

Re pricing - I can’t help with that since I only ever wanted bracelets, but it’s a fixed price for style/length/pearl size. Both Pearl Paradise and Pattye were very reasonable, def easiest to ask directly for your specific strand! ❤️

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@DorotheaBrooke Did you goodies arrive yet?

P.S. I'm sending the pearls to Pattye. Thanks for the suggestion @yssie!

Not yet!!! Today I finally got the package released from customs, so the tracking says Monday delivery - one week later than the original date. I swear, the package would have languished forever, had I not called FedEx International every single day this week.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh what a marvellous haul of pearls ! That gold pearl …must have a close up ! And the strands are stunning. Yum

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PART 2 :kiss2:
Here is the strand strung by Pattye. It's spectacular!

8-85inPearls2.png

Now, for the new goodies!
My little birdie. I love him!

PearlBird.jpeg

A strand of 4-4.5mm pink-toned Akoyas, perfectly matched! They will be heading to Pattye soon.
4-45mmPearlStrand.jpeg

Stunning 9-9.5mm pinkish Akoya studs:
9-95mmAkoyaEarrings3.jpeg

And an Akoya seed pearl necklace with 5.5mm and 7.5 mm Akoyas:

AkoyaSeedPearlsNecklace2.jpeg AkoyaSeedPearlsNecklace.jpeg

And that's it! I love everything, and it's such a pleasure buying from them! I just wish I had somewhere to wear them, besides the grocery store!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PART 2 :kiss2:
Here is the strand strung by Pattye. It's spectacular!

8-85inPearls2.png

Now, for the new goodies!
My little birdie. I love him!

PearlBird.jpeg

A strand of 4-4.5mm pink-toned Akoyas, perfectly matched! They will be heading to Pattye soon.
4-45mmPearlStrand.jpeg

Stunning 9-9.5mm pinkish Akoya studs:
9-95mmAkoyaEarrings3.jpeg

And an Akoya seed pearl necklace with 5.5mm and 7.5 mm Akoyas:

AkoyaSeedPearlsNecklace2.jpeg AkoyaSeedPearlsNecklace.jpeg

And that's it! I love everything, and it's such a pleasure buying from them! I just wish I had somewhere to wear them, besides the grocery store!

I love the little bird pendant!

Hopefully, I shall treat myself with some Takahashi goodies at the beginning of next month.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for the seasoned Takahashi customers - which IG page do you use to contact them, as there are two?

TIA.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Question for the seasoned Takahashi customers - which IG page do you use to contact them, as there are two?

TIA.

Takahashi pearl official

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

TIA.

I use the other one, Takahashi Pearl Co., so I guess it doesn't matter!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I swore this last purchase was my final one. Unfortunately for my bank account, I may have bought one of these yesterday: :love:

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.38.02 AM.png

I was sorely tempted by these, they are so, so pretty .

Did you see they have an almost matching necklace? Also totally gorgeous.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was sorely tempted by these, they are so, so pretty .

Did you see they have an almost matching necklace? Also totally gorgeous.

It is very pretty, however, I am not a fan of multi-colour strands, good job too!

DK :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results