shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitians - what do you think?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I'm considering this Tahitian strand, but having a really hard time judging from pictures on the screen! Could anyone weigh in on this strand? Do you think the overtones would be too muted in person? How dark do you think the body color will look? I'm pretty new to pearls, but love that "oil slick" look, baroque shapes, and have dark hair... so buying based on those factors, lol.

I'd also love opinions on the clasp style -- the options are brush or polished, in either white or 14k yellow gold.

tahitians2.png
tahitians1.png

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty peacock overtones there! They will not be as strong in normal light as you realize, but you should still see some peacock effect. I think you will find that the pearls look very similar to one another-- there won't be as much difference between them as you see in the light box photo.

What is the body color stated by the seller? Green? Gray? I don't think the body color will be very dark.

Here is a discussion thread that might help:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-pearls-vendor-vs-irl-pictures.205879/

Here's an older thread in which some folks have posted PP vendor photos and their own photos, for comparison.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pp-tahitian-pearls-on-sale.204779/

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree with above, the pearls will be more muted with only a few having an obvious oil-slick look, and I think the pearls will look basically the same in terms of color as well as shape (off-round to round-oval) excepting of course that singular pearl in the center with the drop shape. The background in the two photos is a pale pink (on my monitor) as opposed to a white or grey, and the pink tinge background potentially may be contributing/highlighting the pearls' peacock effect.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pearlsngems and marymm for your replies. I don't think I want all the pearls to look the same, so I will keep looking! I'll also check out the threads linked above.

Re: bodycolor, the vendor just states it is "dark," no other info. Looking at the photos again, I'm also wondering if this strand doesn't have the lustre I'm looking for, either? Oh well, the search continues! I suppose the search is half the fun anyway.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't want them all to look similar, look for a multicolored strand. Such strands have pearls with varied body colors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results