shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian Strand help???

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Please post lots of photos! And neck shots!

And photos of the other strands too please :)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing! I hope you share photos as well.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your thoughts? Which do you like the best?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! A bit difficult to see all the overtones in your photos but I'm drawn to the harvest strand.

Which strand(s) are you keeping??

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2508.JPG
POJ photo of the Baroque AAA strand

I truly am very torn with a decision since this is my first purchase of Tahitians. My biggest problem is that I love BIG pearls and to get a strand of nice quality big ones is most likely out of my budget :$$):

I like the Harvest strand from OceansCove but it's a bit too snug if I double it around my neck and I would want the option to do so. I would need about 2-4 more inches, it's 33" but I'm sure she could accommodate a request to lengthen it for an upcharge. On the other hand, It's a perfect length to layer with shorter strands.
The 18" oval to near-round from OceansCove is lovely but for the price I think I will pass on it and take a look at other strands.

The 18" Baroque AAA strand from POJ is very nice and is a grayish-green hue to my eyes but I haven't had an opportunity to wear it in different lighting environments yet to see the overtones.
There is one of the center pearls that has visible inclusions to my eye so if I keep it I will send it back and ask for replacement of the pearl plus change the clasp to one that is easier to get on/off. I hate the regular ball clasp because they are almost impossible with old eyes and long nails.

Sorry that I haven't posted neck shots but I have been working and other things but I'll get to it soon.

Last edited:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
What did you decide on Bright Ice?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide on Bright Ice?

I sent the 2 strands from Oceans Cove back. I spoke with POJ late last week and am told that he is going to have a sale this month on some inventory that he has been saving and/or getting. He told me to hang on to the strand from him until the sale incase there was something else I might like.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds good! I'm not sure if this is of interest but Cees from Amsterdam pearls has this strand available. Not perfectly round but so colourful!

9117.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good! I'm not sure if this is of interest but Cees from Amsterdam pearls has this strand available. Not perfectly round but so colourful!

9117.jpg

Thanks! I saw those on IG and went to his site but there's no price or way to purchase.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The price is really cheap, you need to email/call him or perhaps comment on his IG photo?

ETA: sorry for being cryptic but I don't think I can post his email here for you. I may have purchased another strand from him. :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price is really cheap, you need to email/call him or perhaps comment on his IG photo?

ETA: sorry for being cryptic but I don't think I can post his email here for you. I may have purchased another strand from him. :)

Thanks!
I'll check with him today.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What country are you in?

I'm in the US.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have established contact with him. My only concern is that he is in Thailand.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my GSS strand and earring pearls from him. He will ship by FedEx to the USA. You'll have it in a matter of a few days.

CATHYLQ

Rough_Rock
How about something that is more unusual colored? I'm definitely a tahitian pearl girl. But I think if you were to go for just one necklace, I would go for something that has gorgeous colors and flawless surface. Yes, you would probably expect to pay the top price. But I think it's worth it. There're so many black or grey tahitian pearl necklaces out there. But the problem I have is they all look a bit dull and boring. I would rather spend a bit more and get something really nice. So my advice is to go for something really special and unusual and top quality. I really like the one at Mikimoto but I guess it's too pricy for me. Hope you would agree with me that this necklace is absolutely breathtaking! https://www.mikimotoamerica.com/pearl-types/black-south-sea/new-york-necklace
Maybe one day I would be able to afford that. Hehehe... I've also found this pretty pendant necklace from this website. Love the deep purple color. https://www.pearl-lang.com/collecti...dis-aubergine-tahitian-pearl-diamond-necklace

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't seem to find him on IG. Is he under Amsterdam Pearls or another name? (I have to admit I find his website frustrating - I've emailed him with the email listed on his webpage a bunch of times too, but never got a response).

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cees (pronounced like the word case) van Oije.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Nope I've been emailing him for a while to find the right strand.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Siameseroo looking forward to see your strand.
Is cees back in bkk? I'm heading there end of the month. Might be able to squeeze in a window to see him

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Siameseroo looking forward to see your strand.
Is cees back in bkk? I'm heading there end of the month. Might be able to squeeze in a window to see him

Yes I'm pretty sure he is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results